[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone have experience w/ Plantar Fascitis?

muck

Yes. It's common in runner's. It's also directly related to your calf muscle. If it's not severe, stretching the calf muscle will help. You should also put a bottle of water in the freezer, and when it's frozen, roll the sole of your foot over the bottle, in essence giving the bottom of your foot a frozen massage. Do these a few times a day if you can. The combination of the two excercises should make it go away rather quickly. Rest also helps if you're a runner. If it's severe, surgery is a last resort as well.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Wife dealt with it for a bit; she did a couple things that helped her get over it.

1) Get arch supports in your shoes. I've heard raising your heel slightly in your shoes helps also but wife never tried this. Supposed to take the stress away from the plantar by doing this.

2) Wear shoes (w/ arch supports) in the house if you can; especially if you have hard floors everywhere.

3) As much as it hurts, stretching it slowly and pushing on the tendon by rolling a tennis ball underneath your foot will help reduce pain down the road (I am assuming it is not torn/partially torn, correct?).

4) Ice it down at night to reduce swelling.

Hope that helps.

Also, wear shoes with laces or, at very least, that push your foot down on top of the arch support in your shoe. I first developed it because I was on my feet all day, and I was wearing these boots that fit sort of loosely. So, my foot was sort of flattening out in my shoes.

At this point, I can wear loafers but low-top ones still work best because, the design allows them to fit more snuggly on the top of the foot.

Yes, have dealt and am dealing with it.

Last two weeks have been a bit worse as flag football season started backup so running on grass causes it to get worse, but, the inserts (I like the moldable ones from SOLE for everyday shoes and found some from a site called MegaComfort for athletic shoes that I like) help, lots of stretching, particularly the calf muscle, the water bottle rolling, tennis ball rolling all help.

Wearing shoes or flip flops with proper support (again, the company SOLE has some good products) around the house, especially if you have hardwood floors like I do in most rooms, is a big help.

Thanks.

My doc told me to start with calf raises and the tennis ball rolling and to come back in a week. If that doesn't work, then I'm going shoe shopping, apparently.

For the record, Crocs do not offer much in the way of arch support... or style for that matter.

Thanks.

My doc told me to start with calf raises and the tennis ball rolling and to come back in a week. If that doesn't work, then I'm going shoe shopping, apparently.

Stretching your calf is as important as strengthening it. The plantar fascia is directly connected to the calf muscle, so as soon as the calf muscle tightens, it puts pressure on the plantar fascia which causes the pain. And instead of the tennis ball, which is a great idea, you can kill two birds with one stone and use the frozen water bottle as I mentioned, that stretches and ices at the same time. :tup:

Wife dealt with it for a bit; she did a couple things that helped her get over it.

1) Get arch supports in your shoes. I've heard raising your heel slightly in your shoes helps also but wife never tried this. Supposed to take the stress away from the plantar by doing this.

2) Wear shoes (w/ arch supports) in the house if you can; especially if you have hard floors everywhere.

3) As much as it hurts, stretching it slowly and pushing on the tendon by rolling a tennis ball underneath your foot will help reduce pain down the road (I am assuming it is not torn/partially torn, correct?).

4) Ice it down at night to reduce swelling.

Hope that helps.

Good info here, my wife uses a belt under her foot to stretch before getting out of bed