[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you be upset if your wife had coffee with a stranger?

Double Agent

I know it always starts off this way but this really wasn't my wife. It's a good friend's wife:

My buddy was snooping/spying through his wife's FaceBook friends. Found a guy he didn't know and didn't know how she knew the guy. He asked his wife who it was and she said she met him at jury duty. She said they had coffee at break and talked for an hour or so. According to her, they didn't exchange phone numbers but she did request his friendship on Facebook (she originally lied and said he sent her the request but later admitted it). They've had zero contact since that day. This happened over 3 years ago.

My buddy is pissed. He's convinced something has happened or the entire truth isn't being told. I think he's overreacting a little. But I did recommend pulling phone records just to be sure. She gave him access to her FB and he checked the messages. It was either clean or deleted.

I wouldn't mind if my wife had coffee with a stranger under these circumstances. But I would be upset if she never told me about it. It takes an innocent situation and makes it look like a coverup. But I understand why she didn't mention it even if it was innocent. My buddy freaks out a lot over small things.

He's in full investigation mode and even talking about messaging the guy on FB. I think this is a huge mistake at this point. Also, my wife is very good friends with my buddy's wife (so am I). He wants my wife to talk to her. I don't want either of us to get involved. My advice is to pull phone records just for the peace of mind and then let it go if it's clean.

Thoughts?

she originally lied and said he sent her the request but later admitted it

Sorry, but this part really irks me....if she lied about who friended who...then I wonder what else she is lying about.

She may have lied with the hopes the whole thing would just go away...or she may be covering up one lie with another. IMO, either way, at least in this matter...your buddy has every right in the world to investigate it to his satisfaction.

If the dude feels it necessary to snoop through his wife's facebook crap, there probably isn't enough trust in the relationship to base a solid marriage on.

Time to bail.....

I'd go bang some 21 YO stripper just in case I needed to get even.

He did tell me (jokingly) that this is his ticket to a hall pass.

I suspect that the phone records won't show anything. My guess is that she was bored at jury duty and had coffee with someone who was attractive. Curiosity got her and she sent him a FB request. We've probably all done that on FB. I don't think she ever had intentions of taking it to another level.

Thinking about it from the wife's point of view... if there is more to the story and she friended him on FB, she's dumb as sh1t!

I'd tend to think her story is the story, but if it were my wife, she should have told me when it happened. We both have friends of the opposite sex, and as long as we tell each other when we see or talk to them, we've never had problems.

He did tell me (jokingly) that this is his ticket to a hall pass.

I suspect that the phone records won't show anything. My guess is that she was bored at jury duty and had coffee with someone who was attractive. Curiosity got her and she sent him a FB request. We've probably all done that on FB. I don't think she ever had intentions of taking it to another level.

They definitely had sex at least once, and probably countless times. I got my hair cut today, the lady was married with two kids and she was hitting on me like it was mardi gras. Women are whores, every last one of them. They are so good at playing it all sweet and innocent too. Tell your buddy if he has kids to get a DNA test to make sure they're really his.

• Like 1

If I were your buddy, I would want to get even. He should facebook that guy pronto, and ask to meet for coffee.

"Hey honey. Guess who I had coffee with this afternoon? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!!"

If I were your buddy, I would want to get even. He should facebook that guy pronto, and ask to meet for coffee.

"Hey honey. Guess who I had coffee with this afternoon? HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!!"

This only works if he's bi-curious. It really backfires if not.

They definitely had sex at least once, and probably countless times. I got my hair cut today, the lady was married with two kids and she was hitting on me like it was mardi gras. Women are whores, every last one of them. They are so good at playing it all sweet and innocent too. Tell your buddy if he has kids to get a DNA test to make sure they're really his.

"In a previous life", I was a Data Processing Supervisor, and had 7 women working for me at once - no other men in the dept.

Women put men to shame. And it ain't even close.

"In a previous life", I was a Data Processing Supervisor, and had 7 women working for me at once - no other men in the dept.

Women put men to shame. And it ain't even close.

So you lined them up and punched their cards one by one?

Self-fulfilling prophecy. Overbearing over-protective jealous untrusting husband, controls his wife to the point where she feels like she needs to escape. Some random dude sparks fantasies in her mind, and whether she acts (or has acted) upon it or not, the jealous husband will react in a way to only make her want to escape even more.

Tell your friend that this is a "false flag" event. His wife is just trying to distract him by sending him on some wild goose-chase for this jury-duty guy while she carries on 6 or 7 affairs with other guys.

....and people think frodo's a slow?