[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I haven't seen a beating like this since....

Hugh 0ne

I tend to agree that you deserve what you get most times when resisting/running from the cops. If you read the article below the video though, the guy had permission to be there.

Or so they say... Who called the cops on the dude in the first place? It also appears that the third guy in the video worked there and he had no issues with the cops tossing the dude.

I tend to agree that you deserve what you get most times when resisting/running from the cops. If you read the article below the video though, the guy had permission to be there.

Not according to what the police were told:

Police received a 911 call about a dispute involving a man who was trespassing at the location and refused to leave, the NYPD told 1010 WINS

and

The video has no audio, but police said the officers asked the man to leave, but he refused. The man was intoxicated and became belligerent and combative, threatening the officers with violence if they made him move, police told 1010 WINS.

So the cops get a call about a man trespassing, when they arrive and confront him he smells like alcohol and gets combative, eventually resisting arrest. Seems like reasonable grounds for getting his ass kicked imo. :shrug:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Wow, looks like I'm in the minority here. Hey, if the guy happens to get his head smacked against the corner of the pool table while you're holding him down to cuff him, so be it. You put your knee into his back with a bit more force than is absolutely needed while you've got him on the ground? Bummer. That's what you get for not going quietly. But just go ballistic on the dude? I'm shocked that anyone thinks this is OK.

And, like chick on the bus, I could give two craps about this guy and he seems to have chosen a path where bad things are going to happen to him. However, I'd like to think that the cops hold themselves to a higher standard than pummeling some dude like this when all they need to do is subdue him and cuff him.

Yes they overreacted, but as others have stated, if you're dealing with the cops refuse their orders and actually threaten them, you're begging for trouble. I'm not condoning what they did, but people who act like this (and the chick in the bus beating) apparently need to have their asses kicked.

Everybody remembers Ralphie in The Christmas Story, he wasn't a violent kid. Then he snapped and beat the snot out of that bully. Today the parents of the bully would want him charged with assault, while others want to give Ralphie a medal.

Yes they overreacted, but as others have stated, if you're dealing with the cops refuse their orders and actually threaten them, you're begging for trouble. I'm not condoning what they did, but people who act like this (and the chick in the bus beating) apparently need to have their asses kicked.

Everybody remembers Ralphie in The Christmas Story, he wasn't a violent kid. Then he snapped and beat the snot out of that bully. Today the parents of the bully would want him charged with assault, while others want to give Ralphie a medal.

Like I said, I'm not shedding a tear for either person who got their ass kicked.

Wow, looks like I'm in the minority here. Hey, if the guy happens to get his head smacked against the corner of the pool table while you're holding him down to cuff him, so be it. You put your knee into his back with a bit more force than is absolutely needed while you've got him on the ground? Bummer. That's what you get for not going quietly. But just go ballistic on the dude? I'm shocked that anyone thinks this is OK.

And, like chick on the bus, I could give two craps about this guy and he seems to have chosen a path where bad things are going to happen to him. However, I'd like to think that the cops hold themselves to a higher standard than pummeling some dude like this when all they need to do is subdue him and cuff him.

It looked to me as if he continued to resist as they tried to cuff him on the couch. :shrug:

It looked to me as if he continued to resist as they tried to cuff him on the couch. :shrug:

You mean before or after the cop swung on him and started beating his ass?

Anyways, this isn't about expecting more out of the drunk homeless guy, it's about expecting more out of the ones who are supposed to protect and serve, to not use a scrawny unruly homeless guy as a source to let out aggression, when it wouldn't have been tough at all to simply subdue him.

At no point in that altercation was the cop's safety in serious question to warrant that kind of beating.

Anyways, this isn't about expecting more out of the drunk homeless guy, it's about expecting more out of the ones who are supposed to protect and serve, to not use a scrawny unruly homeless guy as a source to let out aggression, when it wouldn't have been tough at all to simply subdue him.

At no point in that altercation was the cop's safety in serious question to warrant that kind of beating.

Maybe he should be held accountable for being drunk, trespassing, and then resisting arrest. He deserves what he got, he's not the victim here. Could the cop have shown a little more restraint before going all Mohammed Ali on his ass? Perhaps, that much I will concede.

Just what do you think the word "subdue" means? The dude resisted when they attempted to cuff him & then he bowed up on the cop as if he wanted to fight and then continued to resist while they attempted to subdue him on the couch. This wasn't 10 cops beating an unconscious man on the ground with night sticks. As long as the guy is not in cuffs in a subdued position and thoroughly searched then he should absolutely be considered a threat to their safety as he's already shown himself to be.

• Like 1

Totally uncalled for due to lack of proper training in the first place. They should have had a taser or billyclub out and ready before it became confrontasional. Would've ended much quicker. As soon as male cop started getting into a Tyson stance, chit went way sideways and even more out of control. Lady cop is a worthless piece of crap beating on the perp from behind and then clubbing him after she loses control of her nightstick and being pissed for doing so. Yes he should have been subdued and cuffed without a doubt. But after they effed that up they did so with malice aforethought.

Perp will lawyer up and get hugh money for the lack of professinalism and going over the line. There are still proceedures to properly subdue someone. And that someone still has rights under the constitution. Police state hooray? Yeah all good until it happens to you or yours.

Just what do you think the word "subdue" means? The dude resisted when they attempted to cuff him & then he bowed up on the cop as if he wanted to fight and then continued to resist while they attempted to subdue him on the couch. This wasn't 10 cops beating an unconscious man on the ground with night sticks. As long as the guy is not in cuffs in a subdued position and thoroughly searched then he should absolutely be considered a threat to their safety as he's already shown himself to be.

Plus the dude was a Ninja Jew, those guys are badasses.

At 1:21 the guy clearly raises his hands and knocks away the male officer's hand. I'm not defending the police on how they handled it but that is a clear sign of aggression and/or resisting arrest. So the guy himself is not innocent in this. As for the police involved, the male officer took an aggressive, fighting stance instead of using his training on subdue and a control. He obviously was looking to fight the guy instead of performing his duty. He could have used his taser, pepper spray or took him down using restraining moves instead of boxing moves.

OK, being drunk isn't illegal, and does no one think it possible that the guy had permission from one person to be there, and then another person there called the cops to roust and remove him? Like I said earlier, you resist or run from the cops you tend to deserve what happens, but I still think the cop was out of line in the manner he handled it. And it looked like the female cop was beating the sh!t out of him with an ASP baton. Those things are heavier and denser than a billy club and I just can't see doing that to a guy who is already subdued. It did look like excessive force to me, and if the guy had permission to be there from someone, that changes things IMO. :shrug:

Me and mine don't trespass drunk without a shirt at synagogues, so :moon:

I did it once... Walked outta there missing about 2 ounces of penis skin. Lesson learned.