[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

35,000th Post

keggerz

35,000 posts and quite honestly I am at a loss for words...SORTA...one moment I think this is what I will post and then I change my mind...then I come up with something else and nope, that won't work, mind changed again...so instead of having any one theme I am just going to ramble on a bit...quite a bit...heck I've rambled on for 34,999 posts as it is so what is one more...Rajn, I am pretty sure this will be more than three lines long so you probably won't read it, but I understand...

I found the huddle back in 1999 or 2000 and while I don't know what I thought then I can safely say that I never envisioned that I'd still be here having made 35,000 posts, made some strong and lasting friendships, or even writing for the huddle...what started out as a weekend search to get some fantasy football information turned into much more for me...it turned into life...in life we live, we laugh and we cry...sometimes together...sometimes alone...

Just like in life, there were fishing trips, many of them, and not the type of fishing trips where bass or flounder is the catch of the day. Early on Spain and I had some great fishing trips...they were never meant to hurt anyone, they were just to have a little fun and ad some brevity to our lives...but things aren't always fun and games...there are arguments...I have had my share, especially with Sarge (like many others have)...and of course those pesky political threads can get a bit heated too...there are also times when we need help...and we (being the community here) were always there for each other...it could have been because you didn't know if you should go to the doctor because your foot/toe looked like it was going to fall off...yes, that happened to one of our forum members (Rovers) and another member (FWMaker) that lived close enough offered to pick him up and drive him to the hospital...man was Rovers ever a stubborn SOB that night...When people need help with Excel stuff there are always people that help out...Kid Cid & Big Country really both have gone out of their way to help me with some IDP stuff and their help is/was very much appreciated...then there are those that need PC help and H8Tank was always a go to when he was here...RR was also a big help for people with that...I know he helped me once by spending time on the phone with me when I had no sound and couldn't figure it out...and then there is Whomper, he always had the right answer and the fix...only problem is that he was always beat to the punch by someone...speaking of punches -- Huddle Fights! -- those were something to behold...If you aren't sure what I am talking about Big John can probably find them, that is if they weren't purged in one of the past board "adjustments"...speaking of finding things Big John is a search master...and yes, Big John knows more about you than Big Brother does...but there is more to Big John than just his enormous data base and search abilities, he is a great man and friend...we would be a much better place and by place I mean the world, if we had more people like Big John...

Admit it, you never thought you would be here posting about having your first child...many of you have done that, others have had multiples and you kept us in the loop each time...don't ask me who...that would be a question for Big John...so yes, we have seen additions to the extended huddle family, and unfortunately we have dealt with losses too...I've have lost multiple grandparents since joining the site, others have lost other family and friends too...but there are two losses that really define this community...when Sky lost his wife we all felt the pain, none of course as much Mike did but we were here for him and I am sure he appreciated it...after that is when we got the Skylive tour and I honestly think that was one of the biggest parts of making this community what it is....I am sure that Big John can find that link...it is worth being bumped...the other loss that hit our community hard was when Aqualung(Rich) passed away...saying it really shook us doesn't even come close to fully describing that time, but we stood together, stood strong, especially for his wife Audrey...but I wouldn't have expected any different, not from the people that comprise this community...

Death isn't the only tragedy that we have dealt with...there was the delphi fiasco...and there was Katrina...people are resilient and many of the most resilient I know are on these boards...Katrina was disastrous...but what spawned from the community due to Katrina still to this day touches my heart...for those that don't know there were huddlers that went down to the Gulf and helped Rajn rebuild his home...there were others that couldn't go and help but a fund was created and we raised money to help huddlers in need...some of that money should have gone to get TBimms head examined because he waited far to long to get out of harms way...We were also worried about Hitman because we couldn't get in contact with him...I remember that I wanted to go but couldn't due to my business so instead I started that Teddy Bear stuffing program and was able to get like 200 or so bears to donate to a Toys For Tots in the Gulf Coast...a bunch of you helped out by buying those bears to help support that cause, many thanks again....but that is what we have always done here...support each other...be it in life or even with fantasy football...

...fantasy football wise I am not sure but I think that Huge 0ne and Big Country may have been working off a stint of community service or something because those two spent more time in the fantasy advice forum then any individual should have to endure...but endure it they did...and speaking of the fantasy advice forum I must admit, when I first started he I accidentally posted a WDIS thread in the wrong forum and I remember Blitz giving me guff about it...and that hasn't changed, not Blitz giving me guff but forum users getting it for posting in the wrong forum....and I am not sure that any milestone post that mentions Blitz can be complete without 1.328984389...times do change, and while it might just be me, it does seem like there are far fewer rate my team posts...maybe all of Blitz's work paid off and we have turned the corner...

Speaking of turning, how about the old ninja page turn...there were threads where we took turns to say something about the huddler above us...took turns with TimC's torch...speaking of Timmay...how about that mystery huddler pic....hell, how can we forget about mystery huddler...and you can't talk about mystery huddler without discussing how geographically challenged ABearWithFurniture is...maybe someday Carl will install a GPS app for him...

GPS/apps make me think about how you can d/l an app so you can find restaurants etc when you are traveling...but you know what, we had that at the huddle long before Apps and smart phones...yep, it might not have been a technical program but if you were traveling all you needed to do was post a thread asking for where to go, what to do etc...and with that usually came an offer to meetup and have a drink...my drink was with Rajn and Hitman when they came to Norfolk for business...and I think the best way to end this is to ask you all to raise your :brew: and join me in a toast to reflect on where we are, where we have come from and where we will go...like life, there will be laughs, love, tears and trying times...just like one perseveres during trying times this community is made up of enough high quality individuals that I know it will always persevere...You have made it thru 35,000 of my posts so I know there is plenty of perseverance to be had...

If I didn't mention you please do not take offense as none was meant, there are just far to many people here that I consider friends and good people to have included everyone...in parting let me leave you with two songs:

&
Edited by keggerz
  • Like 3

Great post

Appreciate it...but I have to be honest my goal isn't to elicit responses but rather to make people reflect.

:clap:

:bow:

And I went to my 1st Redskins game with Joe...what happened was he pm'd me to ask if I was interested in a couple of extra tickets for the Eagles game...for some reason he thought I was a Skins fan and not an Eagles fan

Edited by keggerz

Appreciate it...but I have to be honest my goal isn't to elicit responses but rather to make people reflect.

And I went to my 1st Redskins game with Joe...what happened was he pm'd me to ask if I was interested in a couple of extra tickets for the Eagles game...for some reason he thought I was a Skins fan and not an Eagles fan

That's because you clearly aren't a moran like most iggles fans. :pokey:

Congrats kegger!

Those first three lines were fantastic. :tup:

As were the rest of them.

Cheers brother. I can't wait to get back up your way one day. Hopefully next time I'll have the family with me. :brew: