[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Star Wars Episode 7

cliaz

I know that nothing will be as good as the first three. But there have been a lot of really Star Wars books. Maybe they will come up with something entertaining.

Second the really good books. There was a whole post-Return of the Jedi series that was pretty good. I always wondered why a TV show was never done.

Second the really good books. There was a whole post-Return of the Jedi series that was pretty good. I always wondered why a TV show was never done.

I just read the first two books of the Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi series and I cant wait to read them all and each series. Lots of good material in there from what I started reading, and I hope Disney can use or buy the rights to some of those books. I am actually looking forward to more movies after the I-III movies came out and made me lose my faith.

Was channel surfing on Monday before the football game and stumbled upon, I think, II. The one where they were fighting the droids. I'd remembered they sucked horribly, but had forgotten how much. I was quickly reminded.

They even manage to get decent actors to suck. The lines were about as compelling as the delivery guy/housewife dialogue that goes on in the beginning of a pron video.

I just read the first two books of the Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi series and I cant wait to read them all and each series. Lots of good material in there from what I started reading, and I hope Disney can use or buy the rights to some of those books. I am actually looking forward to more movies after the I-III movies came out and made me lose my faith.

Since the books were written in the SW sandbox, I'd assume that there are already have some ownership stake in them (though I'm not 100% sure on how all that works)

FWIW Cartoon Network's The Clone Wars series was really, really good.

I hope they do the Admiral Thrawn series.

The whole Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and the Last Command by Tim Zahn - these would be the best choice but unfortunately, the actors are too old (if you go strictly by the books). It could work if it was heavily modified to account for 30+ years after return of the jedi.

Personally, I'd like to see them go a different direction and follow a whole different set of characters or pick up that series in which a new entity enters the galaxy and begins taking chives over (I forgot the name of them or what the series was called).

Whatever they do, Lucas needs to not overextend his influence. I was pretty upset with how he did the prequels. In my opinion it should have went like this:

Episode I:

Anikan would already be in training with Obi-wan and is presented much the same as how the Joker was presented in The Dark Knight – absolute with no background on where he came from. Episode one should have been the rise of Palpatine and end with him beginning to grab for power. Darth Maul should not have been killed off (though in the clone wars TV show we find out he wasn’t) but instead should have been the man bad guy through the new trilogy.

Episode II:

Should have been where the fall of Anikan begins (unbeknownst to others), where Palpatine reveals himself to the Jedi becomes the emperor. This is where the loyalist and the separatist should have really begun, and where the Emperor sends Maul after the leaders of the separatists, and Jedi. At the end, Anikan falls completely when he fights Maul because he uses the dark side powers to severally wound Maul.

Episode III:

This whole movie should have been basically order 66. This is where they hunt down the jedi, Anikan turns completely to Vader, kills Maul, goes after Obi-wan, ect, ect.

The whole Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and the Last Command by Tim Zahn - these would be the best choice but unfortunately, the actors are too old (if you go strictly by the books). It could work if it was heavily modified to account for 30+ years after return of the jedi.

Personally, I'd like to see them go a different direction and follow a whole different set of characters or pick up that series in which a new entity enters the galaxy and begins taking chives over (I forgot the name of them or what the series was called).

Whatever they do, Lucas needs to not overextend his influence. I was pretty upset with how he did the prequels. In my opinion it should have went like this:

Episode I:

Anikan would already be in training with Obi-wan and is presented much the same as how the Joker was presented in The Dark Knight – absolute with no background on where he came from. Episode one should have been the rise of Palpatine and end with him beginning to grab for power. Darth Maul should not have been killed off (though in the clone wars TV show we find out he wasn’t) but instead should have been the man bad guy through the new trilogy.

Episode II:

Should have been where the fall of Anikan begins (unbeknownst to others), where Palpatine reveals himself to the Jedi becomes the emperor. This is where the loyalist and the separatist should have really begun, and where the Emperor sends Maul after the leaders of the separatists, and Jedi. At the end, Anikan falls completely when he fights Maul because he uses the dark side powers to severally wound Maul.

Episode III:

This whole movie should have been basically order 66. This is where they hunt down the jedi, Anikan turns completely to Vader, kills Maul, goes after Obi-wan, ect, ect.

Yeah, that would have been good. I think the real problem with the prequels is that Anakin was not likable He should have been someone that everyone adored and loved. It's not a tragedy when you fall if you're Dill Josh Gordon bag to begin with. The audience has to care about the protagonist in order for the tragic element to work.

Episode I: This movie was essentially the same story as Episode IV. I will say that it was the best of the prequels despite Jar Jar Binks. The pod racing scenes were top-notch. Darth Maul was a complete bad ass, especially when he flipped off his Sith Speeder.

Episode II: Jango Fett was stupid. This movie blew.

Episode III - One has to remember that this movie has a huge children audience so they are not going to go as dark as they truly needed to go with this one. This movie blew.

Episode IV: Classic

Episode V: MASTERPIECE - Best of the series hands down.

Episode VI: The Endor battle scenes were top notch. Slave Leia, yes! Other than that, this movie was cornball.

Episode I: This movie was essentially the same story as Episode IV. I will say that it was the best of the prequels despite Jar Jar Binks (I have to disagree here. I liked it because we finally got to see what a real Jedi was capable of doing. I love the Driod army and; minus Jar-Jar, I like the idea of the Gungan army) The pod racing scenes were top-notch. (Oh I agree. Did you know it took them 18 months to render the Pod racing? That being said, I thought they spent way too much time there and too much time spent on the pod race.) Darth Maul was a complete bad ass, especially when he flipped off his Sith Speeder. (+1)

Episode II: Jango Fett was stupid. This movie blew. (The 2nd movie/book of a trilogy always lags because there is no payoff plot wise. It's where a bulk of the story resides in the overall story arc. There are only a handful of #2s that stand out and Empire is one of them. I liked Jango to a point but they should have really not involved Boba's character or his father Jango at all. it further cheapened him. This movie would have been better if they cut 45 minutes out of the middle and had the arean scene earlier which meant the start of the clone wars earlier.)

Episode III - One has to remember that this movie has a huge children audience so they are not going to go as dark as they truly needed to go with this one. This movie blew. (I thought this was the better one of all of them. The opening battle [which, if you watch the entire opening battle it is 47 minutes long - that's how much they cut out of it including a really awesome jedi execution

] the fall of the jedi and the much anticipated battle between Obi-wan and Vader.

Episode IV: Classic

Episode V: MASTERPIECE - Best of the series hands down. (Believe it or not, I find V to be only so-so at best. IV is clearly the best out of the OT. I have a ton of issues with Empire and almost everyone between ages 29 - 45 are so hell bent on their stance that this is the Wrath of Khan of Star Wars [which don't get me started on that, ST6 is by far the best star trek movie ever])

Episode VI: The Endor battle scenes were top notch. Slave Leia, yes! Other than that, this movie was cornball. (You want to read something interesting? http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html It's essentially a college paper on the Endor Holocaust caused by the rebellion alliance destroying the 2nd death star and the containmenation it caused to the forest moon of Endor. And you thought I was nerdy....very interesting read.)

:nerd:

• Like 1

I know a lot of people didn't like the new movies, but you gotta admit there were defintily some great light saber battles.

My favorite is Yoda Vs Dooku in II. Dude, when yoda uses the force to grab his lightsaber, and then kicks ass. Awesome. Also thought Darth Maul was sold short in the series. Way to awesome to be cut in half.

Had the pleasure of watching these with my daughter for the first time. Awesome.

As for 7 through 9 I can't wait. They will be good.

I know a lot of people didn't like the new movies, but you gotta admit there were defintily some great light saber battles.

My favorite is Yoda Vs Dooku in II. Dude, when yoda uses the force to grab his lightsaber, and then kicks ass. Awesome. Also thought Darth Maul was sold short in the series. Way to awesome to be cut in half.

Had the pleasure of watching these with my daughter for the first time. Awesome.

As for 7 through 9 I can't wait. They will be good.

Agree. I was watching the movie in a pretty "urban" movie theatre and the place went absolutely ape s*it when you heard the "click, click" of Yoda's cane as he walked down the tunnel. A lot "OHHHHH SH*****T. IT'S GONNA BE YOUR A*S NOW!

And I hope that no matter how the story pans out for episode 7-9, the writing and acting will be better without Lucas at the wheel. I was embarassed/laughing at the dialogue.

Wrath of Khan of Star Wars [which don't get me started on that, ST6 is by far the best star trek movie ever])

What drugs are you on? ST: II is clearly the best. ST:VI may have a claim if it was made three years earlier and was prophetic/socially relevant like the TOS.

The Star Wars 7-9 will be original stories and not based on any already written books from what my sources tell me. And those sources aren't very high on the totum pole. Whatever.

Edited by General Itals