[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a wire down in my yard

frenzal rhomb

Thanks to Sandy, I have a wire down in my front yard- Im pretty sure it is a cable TV wire. The wire is not connected to any source on both ends but is stapled to the electrical pole.

Now they have me horrified to touch it because all day long Im hearing dont touch any wires even if you assume its not live.

Now my question is this - if its not connected on either end it cant be live, so would you feel safe moving it. Also it is only about a quarted inch in diameter so again Im sure its not electrical.

So

1. Remove it myself

2, Call the TV company

3. Have the wife move it.

So, frenzal rhomb has not posted in this thread since yesterday afternoon ... does anyone know if he moved the wire after all, and that is the reason for his absence? That would be electrifying news ... shocking, just shocking.

Edited by ts

Is there a reason you need/want to move it? If not I'd let it be. If it isn't connected to anything there should be no current in it no matter kind of wire it was.

I dont want to run it over with my lawn mower and its not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

I asked a question and it was answered. You are just acting like a child. But then I guess that is some of the fun the old time huddlers miss, so by all means continue.

you answered it? When?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem or just being a dillweed?

I said I asked a question and it was answered, not that I answered any question.

You're just being a troll and think you are funny, at least my initial post in the thread had something to do with the question.

I was reminded of this thread watching a story on the news last night of a young girl who grabbed onto a downed (and live) power line.

Glad it worked out for you. Mowing season is done here, now its leaf season, soon to be replaced by snow shoveling season.

I was reminded of this thread watching a story on the news last night of a young girl who grabbed onto a downed (and live) power line.

Glad it worked out for you. Mowing season is done here, now its leaf season, soon to be replaced by snow shoveling season.

Up until last week we were still getting days in the 70s and lots of rain - the grass isnt high but needs to be cut once more and then top seeded. Thanks to sandy, the leaf raking season will be over once I clean up my yard - evrything is off the trees.

The only thing left are birds nests - man those little engineers should have built my house