[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Problem with MFL email alerts

montster

Has anyone else experienced problems with receiving email alerts from their MFL leagues (specifically, completed trades or trade proposals/rejections from other teams)? I am in four MFL leagues and I've been having problems in at least three of them. Last week I checked my settings, and in all my MFL leagues, MFL had unsubscribed me from all email alerts, even though I hadn't touched any of the settings, and I know I had been getting alerts previously in the year. This morning, someone sent me a trade proposal that was never emailed to me, but when I rejected it, I got an email for that. MFL has always been reliable, but this is pissing me off. None have gone to my spam folder, either.

In the last few weeks, I've noticed that some of mine go to my junk mail (Hotmail), while others don't. No rhyme or reason, and it's not consistent (not the same leagues every time). So, basically, I now have to check my inbox and junk mail folder daily. Annoying.

I submitted a ticket to MFL. Here's the answer (I use a Yahoo address for MFL, so this does apply to me):

This question is answered in our Help Center, which you can access from the "Help > Help Center" menu, in the "Login & Communication" > "Email" subcategory:

I'm having long delays in receiving email from MyFantasyLeague.com recently - why?

Unfortunately, some email providers (Yahoo! seems to be the most guilty of this) seem to be forcing a delay in the delivery of many emails from MyFantasyLeague.com - sometimes the delay is as little as four hours after we send the emails, but in other cases, the delay is days long. We've been in touch with the folks at Yahoo to try to get this issue resolved, but currently we don't have a resolution to this problem.

In the mean time, here are a couple of things you might want to consider doing if you're experiencing this problem:

1 ) Review your http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=28201&O=172>For Commissioners > Email Log page - this will indicate if we've received any errors back from your email provider when trying to send you email, and also confirm for you the exact time we're sending you emails.

2 ) Check your "spam" mail folder - sometimes email from us gets incorrectly marked as "spam" by some customers, and Yahoo assumes that email from us is spam. If you find this email in your spam folder, please be sure to mark it as "not spam" so that Yahoo's email filters will understand that email from us is not spam, but instead opt-in email.

3 ) Contact Yahoo (or your email provider, if it's someone other than Yahoo!), and let them know about this delay, and how it's adversely impacting you. If they hear this message from enough customers, there's a better chance they'll actually fix this problem, rather than letting it linger.

4 ) Create another email account on one of the many free email services out there that don't have this problem, like http://www.gmail.com/>Google's Gmail. If you go this route, you won't have to abandon Yahoo! email for everything, all you have to do is set up a Gmail.com account only for your MyFantasyLeague.com leagues, and then configure your Gmail account to automatically forward all emails. To automatically forward emails, after setting up your Gmail account, just go to the "Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, and have your gmail forwarded to your Yahoo mail account. We've confirmed that this work-around seems to circumvent Yahoo!'s intentional delay of our emails, and will allow you to still receive MFL email to your Yahoo! email address in a more timely manner.

5 ) Check your MyFantasyLeague.com league web site more frequently, instead of relying on Yahoo!'s email delivery for notifications regarding site activities.