[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The election(s)

BeeR

Maybe I missed it but didn't see one...

I didn't think it would be this razor close as it's going so far, but Obama will still win it. Close races tend to favor the incumbent and he still has Calif as his trump card. I wonder how the chads are hanging in Fla :)

Any senate/etc races of particular note to y'all, or Congress in general? From what I heard this AM they think it will be similarly divided

Politics, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

All I can say is watching the Fox (network and news) coverage after the other networks called the election for Obama was entertaining. They didn't know what to say or do. And the one guy (on Fox network) was pretty upset that Mitt hadn't conceded so that we could "move on".

Oh well, its going to be difficult for the president to get anything done with a deadlocked congress. In Mitt's concession speech he talked about Dems and Reps working together, hopefully that will happen but I doubt it. The two sides will continue to grow further apart and be more divisive before things get better.

PS In Ohio Sherrod Brown(D) retained his seat despite the piles of cash spent by outsiders to elect young Josh Mandel®. I have a feeling Mandel will be back running for a federal office soon.

Having accomplished pushing fracking through, codifying discrimination into the constitution, and making it official that the seas are only rising as fast as is convenient for us to believe, the people gave the NC GOP more power to focus on the next batch of pressing issues:

Fixing the rampant voter fraud (that nobody has actually been able to show exists) by making it harder to vote and taking bold steps to do something about our state's woeful standing among business-friendly states. After all, it appears that there are all of 3 out of 50 states ahead of us. That means time for a hail-mary.

Having accomplished pushing fracking through, codifying discrimination into the constitution, and making it official that the seas are only rising as fast as is convenient for us to believe, the people gave the NC GOP more power to focus on the next batch of pressing issues:

Fixing the rampant voter fraud (that nobody has actually been able to show exists) by making it harder to vote and taking bold steps to do something about our state's woeful standing among business-friendly states. After all, it appears that there are all of 3 out of 50 states ahead of us. That means time for a hail-mary.

I am surprised our state went all red. NC has had a Democrat Governor for like 20 years and it has been over 100 years since Republicans have control state congress and the governor's office. Sh*t, I was shocked that the state voted to put in our state constitution the deal with gay marriage. But I'll take this state over Maryland and it's extreme blueness any day of the week. I'm so glad we got out of there when we did.

I am surprised our state went all red. NC has had a Democrat Governor for like 20 years and it has been over 100 years since Republicans have control state congress and the governor's office. Sh*t, I was shocked that the state voted to put in our state constitution the deal with gay marriage. But I'll take this state over Maryland and it's extreme blueness any day of the week. I'm so glad we got out of there when we did.

Well, let's be clear, there's blue and then there's blue dog Southern Democrat.

:bag: embarrassing.

Edited by electricrelish

As soon as CNN and the others were calling the election, I switched to FOX News to see the entertainment. Karl Rove did not disappoint.

I did the same thing. Seeing Rove squirm like a worm was priceless. :rofl:

Edited by Wolverines Fan