[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Craziest FFL Drama you've experienced?

Joessfl

With some of the posts about collusion, and crazy trades, etc. i was curious to hear some of the crazy stories of any drama in an FFL that you have been part of or witnessed over the years?

My story:

First FFL year for me....back in probably 1997 or 1998 maybe. I was crazy scared of losing every game and I am doing my darnedest to use waivers,analysis every week etc.. Probably poring too much effort and sweat into every move. Along comes week 6,7, or 8, I make some moves, but notice my opponent didn't pick anybody up for a QB, so he was in bye trouble. I think "Easy Win Wooohoo" then Sunday morning, I see an email from the commish to the league explaining how my opponent's PC died, and could get to WW earlier in the week, and how the owner asked for a WW move to be made so he could field someone in the QB. Well, I lost the game and I was pissed so I wrote up a response to his email and blasted the commish and owner with allegations of "Damn weird that he couldn't get to a PC since Tuesday" and "I lost because some shenanigans are afoot?" My email went on and on and got harsher and harsher. I hit send and felt good, but it was short lived. To this day, feel bad about my behavior. I never went back to the league, lost some friends at the time, they probably all looked at me being a bit crazy, falsely accusing others of breaking rules, etc. I should have apologized, but never did.

Live and learn I guess. I am mellower now, and not so intense with FF.

So Huddlers, any drama you have created in FF, regretted, or just seen second hand?

Edited by Joessfl

I had an opponent go bat-sh!t crazy two years ago when I started Joe Webb as a WR (he was one of those freaky dual-position players that pop up now and again). It was a fantasy playoff game, and I thought this was a sly move, though questionable in terms of sportsmanship. When the owner saw my WW pickup of Webb and lineup, he was all over the message boards with profanity and personal attacks that went far beyond normal smack talk.

Finally the commissioner begged me in an email to reconsider, so I agreed to a different WW pickup. Then the a$$clown owner got mad because I got an "extra" WW pickup (I picked up a WR who happened to be getting some extra looks that week due to an injury to a starter). The wimpy commish AGAIN caved to the a$$clown, and I once again took a different WR.

The good news out was his team played like complete sh!t and I could have played with two open lineup spots and still whooped his crying a$$. Luckily the turd did not come back the next season.

2009 "Local" league. Playoff game where i orginally lost by 3 points. Opponent had Warner at QB and was the game where one of his TD passes was later ruled to be a lateral, thus no TD pass for him and that would put me over. I posted it on their league board and a hugh stink ensued saying i was whining and not accepting a loss. The ruling was to let the league software determine the final score and it applied the stat change. I then won the Super Bowl, but then the league disbanded saying i was taking the game too seriously.

2009 "Local" league. Playoff game where i orginally lost by 3 points. Opponent had Warner at QB and was the game where one of his TD passes was later ruled to be a lateral, thus no TD pass for him and that would put me over. I posted it on their league board and a hugh stink ensued saying i was whining and not accepting a loss. The ruling was to let the league software determine the final score and it applied the stat change. I then won the Super Bowl, but then the league disbanded saying i was taking the game too seriously.

Too seriously......isn't that what FF is all about? Competition! If I liked losing, I wouldn't play. Heck with the everyone gets a trophy liberals!

I had an opponent go bat-sh!t crazy two years ago when I started Joe Webb as a WR (he was one of those freaky dual-position players that pop up now and again). It was a fantasy playoff game, and I thought this was a sly move, though questionable in terms of sportsmanship. When the owner saw my WW pickup of Webb and lineup, he was all over the message boards with profanity and personal attacks that went far beyond normal smack talk.

Finally the commissioner begged me in an email to reconsider, so I agreed to a different WW pickup. Then the a$$clown owner got mad because I got an "extra" WW pickup (I picked up a WR who happened to be getting some extra looks that week due to an injury to a starter). The wimpy commish AGAIN caved to the a$$clown, and I once again took a different WR.

The good news out was his team played like complete sh!t and I could have played with two open lineup spots and still whooped his crying a$$. Luckily the turd did not come back the next season.

Man, I remember the Joe Webb fantasy saga. It was Week 15, 16 and 17 of 2010 as I recall. And the Week 15 game was the one that got moved because of the Metrodome roof collapse and Adrian Peterson was also a late Monday scratch.

Edited by nelsosi

Last season in my league after I won the guys were soooo jealous of me that they all got together and raped me. They thought revenge would be served if they raped me both orally andanally. I am not gay but it felt alright until I got a "dirty sanchez" I cried out for help but no one responded in fact a couple passerbys filmed it and for a while it was posted on youtube. This probably isnt the craziest thing to happen in one of our ffl leagues but it was a whacky night for damn sure.

Edited by GeorgeSteele

Currently in the league I'm playing now...Everyone Vetos me in the trades cause they think my trades are "unfair" i'm pretty heated to say none the less because I've been vetoed for two trades...one just recently... The first trade i got vetoed was Brees/Fitz/CJ?K/F.Jones (giving) for Newton/Foster/Tate/Wallace (receiving).... The one recently was A. Greene/TRichardson (receiving) for PHarvin/CJ?K (Giving)... me and the 2 different owners I tried to trade with are furious because of the veto system, it only requires 4 people to veto the trade to have it voided.... we're extremely pissed because it's not really us managing our own trades and teams. people are so worried about "collusion" because everyone I trade for I try to give something around the same value with the trade benefitting me of course a slight bit. they expect trades to be completely even and because i'm sitting in 2nd place, i cant trade with anyone to improve my team...i've told the comissioner i probably wont be playing next season because i don't even feel like i'm managing my own team this year...i feel like the league controls my team too much... and so now theres a huge arguement between me with the 2 other owners and the rest of the league...

The first trade i got vetoed was Brees/Fitz/CJ?K/F.Jones (giving) for Newton/Foster/Tate/Wallace (receiving).... The one recently was A. Greene/TRichardson (receiving) for PHarvin/CJ?K (Giving)

I wouldn't return to a league where either of those trades got vetoed

i probably wont, it's a waste of time and my money (if i dont win) cause people are scared to let me trade....if it strengthens my team i'm not going to reject a trade...but people wont let it go through...its freakin rediculous...

It is ridiculous. I would definitely not return to that league. I hope you take their money money this year and give them no chance to ever win it back because they sound like a bunch of weenies.

I was in a league where a guy made a threat of violence to another league member and the guy who was threatened called thepolice to press charges. All over fantasy football