[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fire Mike Tomlin

3rd and schlong

A large portion of Steeler fans are spoiled and pathetic. The Steelers are in contention almost every single year and rarely miss the playoffs. On the rare occasion that they do, this portion of the fan base comes out calling for everyone's head. It is the NFL, games are often close and the difference between 10-6 and 6-10 is razor thin. They simply didn't get it done this year. There were injuries galore in the areas where they didn't have depth to deal with it (O-Line and Secondary).

Mike Tomlin is a great NFL coach, and there will be no considerations at all to removing him from his position. I remember when Cowher had a couple of losing seasons and that same faction of spoiled Steeler fans were calling for his head. The Rooney's put an end to that talk by giving Cowher an extension. He got back to his winning ways and eventually got them a championship. The Steelers will be fine. One 8-8 season and a playoff miss, and the spoiled, delusional fans are calling for heads.......give me a break !!!!

I blame it on Big Ben..... He's just not as elite of a QB as Romo :wink::out:

I understand feeling this way after being dominated on your home field against the vastly superior Bengal squad, but honestly, it wasn't Tomlin throwing those INTs and giving up sacks left and right. You would think someone with his track record could get a little loyalty from the fan base, but that the Steele Curtain for ya. Hang your head in shame.

I'm surprised at the defense for Tomlin. Didn't he show Bruce Arians the door and bring in Todd Haley. Looks like it wasn't an upgrade. The result is not making the playoffs.

There needs to be some coaching accountability here. The offense was dramatically changed and I don't think for the better.

Edited by electricrelish

Suisam is 5/13 on FG's 50+ yards in his career, and kicking at heinz field doesn't help. The Steelers have lost tons of close games this year, which can be attributed to many things - including Tomlin. Tomlin getting loyalty? Any team's loyalty goes as far as to support someone who puts his team in the best position to win. In the superbowl against the Packers, the playoff game against Denver last year, and for the majority of this season, he has simply not put the Steelers in the best position to win football games.

Suisam is 5/13 on FG's 50+ yards in his career, and kicking at heinz field doesn't help. The Steelers have lost tons of close games this year, which can be attributed to many things - including Tomlin. Tomlin getting loyalty? Any team's loyalty goes as far as to support someone who puts his team in the best position to win. In the superbowl against the Packers, the playoff game against Denver last year, and for the majority of this season, he has simply not put the Steelers in the best position to win football games.

I agree. Tomlin never really figured out the running game either. I didn't think the coaching staff did a very good job preparing for the Bengals knowing what was coming.

I also think that Tomlin has failed to groom a worthy backup QB since he's been there. They had Charlie Batch before he arrived.

Edited by electricrelish

I think he means if the Steelers lose in Week 17, they could have the worst division record. Bengals, Steelers and Browns are all 2-3 in the division.

Yeah, my bad I had actually thought Browns could tie Steelers with a win in week 17, forgot our loss against Denver put us at 6-9.

Still beating the Steelers to finish the season and sweep them for the first time in ages would be a sweet way to end the season.

Not a snow ball chance in hell that Tomlin would be even given a tiny thought as far as getting rid of him. Haley on the other hand might be getting plenty of those thoughts. I was excited at them bringing in Haley but to me he is not a very good fit. And while I think Ben can be a real jerk at times when he says things about play calling and such, I can never remember him doing that in the past. I think there is something wrong between Haley and Ben and while I don't support bowing down to the QB that thinks his is king of the world, I think in this case that Haley is not a good fit.

Now I am dying to see what Mike Wallace has done for his stock during this off season.

Now I am dying to see what Mike Wallace has done for his stock during this off season.

Someone will give him a better contract then Pittsburgh and he'll produce. Pittsburgh will draft another Burress, Homles, Wallace as they always seem to do and the cycle will continue.

Edited by Seahawk

Yes, it's easy to know all that now. So sad you don't give him credit for the times he made good decisions. It's outrageous really.

Yes, it's easy to know all that now. So sad you don't give him credit for the times he made good decisions. It's outrageous really.

I don't think Tomlin should be fired, but I do think he is now under the microscope. Maybe Haley will work out after year two. Change takes time.

Yeah, my bad I had actually thought Browns could tie Steelers with a win in week 17, forgot our loss against Denver put us at 6-9.

Still beating the Steelers to finish the season and sweep them for the first time in ages would be a sweet way to end the season.

The Browns are 5-10.

The Browns are 5-10.

Yeah, I had a few brain cramps the other day. I recall a time when we could have finished 8-8, and thought we were 6-9 (guess I forgot that loss against the RG3-less Redskins to).

Oh well, we still have a chance to help the Steelers finish under 500 for the first time in a while. Probably not going t happen though, sounds like we may be using our 3rd string QB (Thadeus Lewis) and Richardson may not play as well.

Will be really interested to see how BAL-CIN game goes considering neither team has anything to play for. Maybe the Ravens can still finish 3rd in the AFC, but Bengals are locked into #6.

Oh well, we still have a chance to help the Steelers finish under 500 for the first time in a while. Probably not going t happen though, sounds like we may be using our 3rd string QB (Thadeus Lewis) and Richardson may not play as well.

I haven't heard much about Thadeus Lewis are you interested to see him. Overall I'd like to know what you thought of Weeden this year from a Cleveland perspective.

I haven't heard much about Thadeus Lewis are you interested to see him. Overall I'd like to know what you thought of Weeden this year from a Cleveland perspective.

I have no interest in seeing Lewis play, he's a project of Shurmur's who was with the Rams when he was there. Probably not even a decent backup QB in the NFL.

I think Weeden has talent and can be a legit NFL starter. He needs to work on reading defenses, and reducing his mistakes. For a mature guy (still an NFL rookie but almost 30 years old) he seems to be rattled. Some fans think he sucks, and think McCoy should get a shot again. I think we saw enough of him last year. Of course he didn't have Richardson, or the same group of receivers to throw to. I hope they stick with Weeden, the turnover in Cleveland is killing this franchise. New QB, new coach, new OC, new GM, new owners, etc. This is not how a good NFL team is built. I just home the new owner can do better.