[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our rescue needs some help...

dug

Hello Friends,

We need your help.

This time- more than ever. Things are different.

We have given all that we can and have exhausted those resources.

As some of you know, I was unexpectedly laid off two week before Christmas. The timing was extremely callous- since it not only put a severe damper on the holidays, but- since most potential employers are taking time off- makes it near impossible to find new employment for quite a long time. Since we personally subsidize a great portion of the costs of the rescue, this delay will make running the rescue even harder. It is difficult to maintain the wellbeing of the dogs currently in our care, let alone take on more.

Homestretch Hounds is an all-volunteer non-profit rescue and sanctuary that saves dogs from euthanasia from rural pounds. Since beginning in 2004, the rescue has saved the lives of nearly 800 dogs that would have otherwise been euthanized. We focus on helping pets that most other rescued do not take including middle age and older dogs, pets with health issues, larger dogs, and “harder to adopt” dogs such as hounds, black dogs, etc. In other words- dogs that have no other option for a home or rescue. These dogs have so much to give, they just need a second chance and someone to care for and love them. They also come with an incredible cost.

There are many ways you can help:

·
Donate:
you can make a donation via PayPal from our homepage
or PM me for a addy.

·
Sponsor a dog:
you can make a monthly donation for a specific dog on our homepage also

·
Adopt:
if you have been thinking about bringing a new dog into your family (and live in the greater Cincinnati area), now is a great time to do so.

·
Kroger Plus Card:
(FREE) just register your plus card to help Homestretch Hounds and each time you shop you will earn a donation (from Kroger) that will help pets in need! This program DOES NOT interfere or change your fuel rewards. Just register to Homestretch Hounds (or NPO number 82572). You can register here:

·
iGive:
(FREE) Shop and search on-line and support the rescue at the same time. This is a free service that doesn't cost you anything extra. You simply visit iGive, sign up, and be sure to start your shopping through their site! You can register here:

·
eBay:
If you sell on eBay, you can designate Homestretch Hounds to receive 10-100% of your final price through a charity auction. Learn more here:

Homestretch Hounds is not subsidized and does what it does solely with financial support from donations and adoption fees, both of which have decreased. We are truly appreciative of past donors and would like to extend our gratitude for your donation.

Won’t you please consider a donation to help pets in need? All donations are tax deductible as allowed by the IRS. No amount is too small- every little bit helps. Thank you for your consideration.

With sincerity and appreciation,

Doug Richards (dug)

www.HomestretchHounds.org

www.facebook.com/HomestretchHounds

www.youtube.com/user/HomestretchHounds

I'll need a couple of days to recharge my PayPal account, but will send a donation along as soon as the funds have cleared. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, so hopefully my small contribution will be able to help keep a good cause going.

I created an account for Kroger and registered my card. It looks like I can't link your organization to my card as it only brings up organizations in the Michigan area. Even when I enter the number 82572. Do you know if I'm simply doing something wrong or do I need to live in the Cinci area?

I created an account for Kroger and registered my card. It looks like I can't link your organization to my card as it only brings up organizations in the Michigan area. Even when I enter the number 82572. Do you know if I'm simply doing something wrong or do I need to live in the Cinci area?

I just looked it over and it appears that the organizations are connected locally... so this will only work if you live in SW Ohio,.

Thanks for trying...

I'll need a couple of days to recharge my PayPal account, but will send a donation along as soon as the funds have cleared. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, so hopefully my small contribution will be able to help keep a good cause going.

Donation coming

Thank you!

Dug,

Can you PM or post up the email addy for donations, for some bizarre reason doing it through the link on site isn't working for me.

I've got some friends left in that area from my college days and forwarded this post along to them, hopefully you'll get some more kroeger card linking out of that as well.

take good care,

D

I linked my Krogers plus card and will link the wife's later tonight.

I linked my Plus card to your organization today. As a Kroger corporate employee I am proud that we support organizations like yours in our local communities. Best of luck with your rescue organization and in your job search.

thanks guys.

these really help!