[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Ray

Announced his retirement effective the end of this season. As a previous Ravens PSL owner I spent many a Sunday afternoon watching Ray Ray come out of the tunnel doing his dance only the way he could. Love or or hate him, 31 other teams feared him.

You will be missed #52 :sad:

Edited by T_bone65

Amazed he lasted this long and dominant for most of it. 13 probowls is an amazing feat by itself and his IDP numbers were staggering during his prime.

The Ravens defense have not been the same this year with him injured and will not be the same without him next year, Ed Reed will likely follow shortly afterward.

In today's NFL, where rules have been changed to favor passing offenses, it may be a good time for one of the greatest MLBs to leave the game...hopefully he has a few more great games in him this month for that one last push to the big game.

Not sure why but London Fletcher, who came out the same year as Lewis, is usually overlooked. Fletcher dominates Lewis in about every defensive stat but there is never any talk of Fletcher being a first choice HoFer. The pre-game jumping around hoo-ha that Lewis does has always annoyed me and he isnt even the best LB in his class.

Not sure why but London Fletcher, who came out the same year as Lewis, is usually overlooked. Fletcher dominates Lewis in about every defensive stat but there is never any talk of Fletcher being a first choice HoFer. The pre-game jumping around hoo-ha that Lewis does has always annoyed me and he isnt even the best LB in his class.

I have nothing at against London Fletcher but you really should do some reasearch before spouting off.

Ray has 17 years experience and was drafted in 1996 and London Fletcher has 15 years experience undrafted in 1998.Ray has stayed with the same team his entire career, London Fletcher on his 3rd team. Ray has a superbowl and London Fletcher has never even come close 1 also. Ray has won Defensive player of the year 2 times (not to mention Ed Reed and Suggs each winning 1 from the same team), London Fletcher has 0. Ray has a Superbowl MVP and London Fletcher has 0. Ray has 13 pro bowls and London Fletcher has 3. Just a few stats to explain why Ray is considered a lock, and anyone that doesn't think London Fletcher deserves to go is crazy.

All the above plus the fact that Ray was a 1st round draft pick and London Fletcher went undrafted. As I said, nothing against London Fletcher at all just showing you some reasons why Ray is considered a lock for the HOF. Not to mention he was the leader of some of the best D's in all of the NFL.

ETA: I stand corrected by Zotty about the Superbowl count, it is even at 1 :bag:

Edited by T_bone65

I have nothing at against London Fletcher but you really should do some reasearch before spouting off.

Ray has 17 years experience and was drafted in 1996 and London Fletcher has 15 years experience undrafted in 1998.Ray has stayed with the same team his entire career, London Fletcher on his 3rd team. Ray has a superbowl and London Fletcher has never even come close. Ray has won Defensive player of the year 2 times (not to mention Ed Reed and Suggs each winning 1 from the same team), London Fletcher has 0. Ray has a Superbowl MVP and London Fletcher has 0. Ray has 13 pro bowls and London Fletcher has 3. Just a few stats to explain why Ray is considered a lock, and anyone that doesn't think London Fletcher deserves to go is crazy.

All the above plus the fact that Ray was a 1st round draft pick and London Fletcher went undrafted. As I said, nothing against London Fletcher at all just showing you some reasons why Ray is considered a lock for the HOF. Not to mention he was the leader of some of the best D's in all of the NFL.

Fletcher won a SB with the Rams

He is not at Ray's level but he has been pretty damn good. I think he has led his team in tackles every season and shoyld also go into the HOF IMHO

Fletcher won a SB with the Rams

He is not at Ray's level but he has been pretty damn good. I think he has led his team in tackles every season and shoyld also go into the HOF IMHO

My post has been corrected :bag:

I agree that London Fletcher should be automatic for the HOF

Ray has 17 years experience and was drafted in 1996 and London Fletcher has 15 years experience undrafted in 1998.Ray has stayed with the same team his entire career, London Fletcher on his 3rd team. Ray has a superbowl and London Fletcher has never even come close 1 also. Ray has won Defensive player of the year 2 times (not to mention Ed Reed and Suggs each winning 1 from the same team), London Fletcher has 0. Ray has a Superbowl MVP and London Fletcher has 0. Ray has 13 pro bowls and London Fletcher has 3. Just a few stats to explain why Ray is considered a lock, and anyone that doesn't think London Fletcher deserves to go is crazy.

ETA: I stand corrected by Zotty about the Superbowl count, it is even at 1 :bag:

You forgot that he also leads Fletcher in stabbings. ;-)

A couple of things here, but not arguing either way.

1. Where a player was drafted should never factor in for HoF voting.

2. How many teams someone plays for should never factor into HoF voting.

3. Ray Lewis has gotten a few Pro-Bowl nods when he probably shouldn't have.

4. London Fletcher is the poster boy for Pro-Bowl snubs.

I do think that Lewis is one of the best to ever play the game. However, I will also say that it didn't hurt him at all to be playing alongside multiple other HoF candidates and all-pros throughout his career. Fletcher really has never had that benefit, yet has actually compared well with Lewis on paper. It's unfortunate that Fletcher has never gotten the recognition that he probably deserves, but as a result I have to wonder if he will actually make it to the HoF. I have serious doubt that he will be a 1st ballot like Lewis. His situation, to me, is a lot like Rickey Jackson's with his entire career being overshadowed by Lawrence Taylor.

• Like 1