[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Contact Lenses - take them out?

frenzal rhomb

It could be a translation issue. My parents (eastern European) used to say "close the light" instead of "turn off/out the light". Or maybe that was a carry over from things like a lamp, where you closed it to put out the flame.

I'd say in/out is right. You put on glasses, you put in contacts.

I wear contacts as well and say in/out. However, when it comes to what it should really be, she is correct. You are not putting the contact in your eye nor are you taking it out from inside your eye. The lens lays on the surface of your eye and is taken off the surface of your eye. So it should be on/off.

o

I wear contacts as well and say in/out. However, when it comes to what it should really be, she is correct. You are not putting the contact in your eye nor are you taking it out from inside your eye. The lens lays on the surface of your eye and is taken off the surface of your eye. So it should be on/off.

Oh God, youve destroyed my marriage

So you put drops ON your eye not in your eye? Most consider the eye to be everything inside the eyelid. I put drops IN my eye, but they go ON my eyeballs.

Semantics....

I too stand in line. I was watching an old rerun of Cosby Show and Vanessa was talking about going to stand "on line" for some concert tickets. She said it several times. Could also be a regional thing like soda vs. pop.

So you put drops ON your eye not in your eye? Most consider the eye to be everything inside the eyelid. I put drops IN my eye, but they go ON my eyeballs.

Semantics....

I too stand in line. I was watching an old rerun of Cosby Show and Vanessa was talking about going to stand "on line" for some concert tickets. She said it several times. Could also be a regional thing like soda vs. pop.

I put drops IN my eye as the drops are actually absorbed into the eye versus sitting on the eye surface, which are what contacts do.

• 3 weeks later...