[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite Beatles song

frenzal rhomb

Im sure this has been done before but Im buzzed and cranky some serious Beatles and Im typically a punk rocker, and I want to say Run for your Life, but F -, Nowhere Man has got to be their greatest song.

Anyone else care to weigh in and dont be non commital - youve got to pick one tune. Im comfortabe with Nowherre MAn

also please tell me why your selction trumps nowhere man

Edited by frenzal rhomb

Agree on nowhere man (describes me too well)

Boo hiss.

You're more "I've Just Seen a Face"

Ask anyone (well aside from the whole "I love this chick" thing, more along the "this person is stupid awesome" line)

same here. hate 'em both

I find it really hard to believe that with the vast catalog of songs and styles and acclaim - there is not one song you can stand

I personally hate Led Zepp - but I dont turn off Communication Breakdown or the Rover when it comes on. Just abput anything alse though and I'll reach for the dial

My two favorites are Norwegian Wood & Blackbird with Blackbird probably getting the nod.

I will say this. I have to say that I am more of a Led Zepplin fan than that of the Stones or Beatles, but I am damn glad that I can see the beauty in all of their music. It would be a total shame to be so biased against such talent as to totally close them out. I could sit & listen to any of the three all day & not tire of any of them.

Edited by rajncajn

I will say this. I have to say that I am more of a Led Zepplin fan than that of the Stones or Beatles, but I am damn glad that I can see the beauty in all of their music. It would be a total shame to be so biased against such talent as to totally close them out.

In rebutal I will say this. I listen, daily, to more genres of music from the 1920's thru today than any four people here combined. I very seldom, if at all, turn anything off.... unlike some. The topic was "favorite song". Because I really detest the Beatles I have no favorite and would not be able to come up with one even if a gun was placed at my head. But that doesn't mean I haven't listened to them or that I don't listen to them now. I don't totally close out any music....even when it makes me sick to my stomach like rap.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Taste in music is in the ear of the beholder.

I am a fervent fan of John Lennon. The Beatles I can do without. Especially since McCartney wrote and sang everything and Lennon was just kind of on the stage and in the studio to lend support. At least according to McCartney.

In rebutal I will say this. I listen, daily, to more genres of music from the 1920's thru today than any four people here combined. I very seldom, if at all, turn anything off.... unlike some. The topic was "favorite song". Because I really detest the Beatles I have no favorite and would not be able to come up with one even if a gun was placed at my head. But that doesn't mean I haven't listened to them or that I don't listen to them now. I don't totally close out any music....even when it makes me sick to my stomach like rap.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Taste in music is in the ear of the beholder.

I am a fervent fan of John Lennon. The Beatles I can do without. Especially since McCartney wrote and sang everything and Lennon was just kind of on the stage and in the studio to lend support. At least according to McCartney.

:lol: Point taken... And FWIW, there isn't any genre of music that I know of, that I won't listen to. Anywhere from heavy metal to rap to opera even, if the mood strikes me. About the only music that I've never grown fond of is Christian pop/contemporary, although I've attempted. I just can't seem to get on board with an entire genre centered around a single subject. God is good, God is great... I get it, but I don't get anything out of it that I can't get out of church. Singing it with a catchy hook doesn't do anything extra for me. I don't care too much for modern country either, but some of it I like & the old-school stuff is pretty good.

I find it really hard to believe that with the vast catalog of songs and styles and acclaim - there is not one song you can stand

I personally hate Led Zepp - but I dont turn off Communication Breakdown or the Rover when it comes on. Just abput anything alse though and I'll reach for the dial

Unpossible

Sky, that last statement simply isn't true. I've read many McCartney/Lennon/Beatles books, and McCartney doesn't claim to have written and sang everything. The relationship between McCartney and Lennon is a fascinating one. McCartney got irked that after John's death, everyone started saying that he was more important than McCartney (the thing that always happens when someone dies). Make no mistake about it, McCartney gives Lennon his due, In fact, nothing that McCartney ever wrote was satisfying until Lennon gave his approval, and vice-versa. They were as competitive as hell, but, had massive respect for one another's musical ability and relied on their opinions.

Sky, that last statement simply isn't true. I've read many McCartney/Lennon/Beatles books, and McCartney doesn't claim to have written and sang everything. The relationship between McCartney and Lennon is a fascinating one. McCartney got irked that after John's death, everyone started saying that he was more important than McCartney (the thing that always happens when someone dies). Make no mistake about it, McCartney gives Lennon his due, In fact, nothing that McCartney ever wrote was satisfying until Lennon gave his approval, and vice-versa. They were as competitive as hell, but, had massive respect for one another's musical ability and relied on their opinions.

Not what I have heard through the years..... but I will take your word for it. I admit that I haven't delved into it more than skin deep.

Still don't like the Beatles though. :D

I am a fervent fan of John Lennon. The Beatles I can do without. Especially since McCartney wrote and sang everything and Lennon

was just kind of on the stage and in the studio to lend support. At least according to McCartney.

Ok, that clears it up. But generally when somebody says "I detest that band" they don't listen to any of their music. I detest rap and do not listen to it at all.

Back on topic, like some others I would have a head time picking one. While My Guitar Gently Weeps game to mind (not sure why), but on another day might be any number of other songs (Taxman, Norwegian Wood, etc.)