[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddy lacy vs manti teo

Joebirds55

And yes, Teo got exposed. He looked terrible - absolutely terrible. He took bad angles, took himself out of a TON of plays, missed a bunch of tackles - he looked undraftable to me. I haven't watched any ND this year so don't know if it's a fluke, if he's overrated, if he didn't trust his teammates, or if he's just a stud trying to do too much by himself.

I haven't seen any of Teo either this year, but it looked to me like he's going to have a really tough time shedding blocks when an offensive lineman can get their hands on him. It seemed too often that he was trying to avoid them and use his speed to make the tackle which was putting him on the ball too late and he couldn't wrap up. As the game wore on it also looked as if he began to overcompensate, too often trying to diagnose the play ahead of time rather than read & react and kept getting out of position as well. I was actually kinda surprised when Musberger took his eyes off AJ's girlfriend long enough to notice Teo shooting the gap ahead of the play & still whiffing on the tackle in the backfield.

Lacy's hands are decent but not great (22 rec). His blitz pickup can be described as willing but lacking. He knows how to block and can execute when in position but he can be late in recognizing where the blitz is coming from sometimes.

So his 3rd down status is in question.

when Musberger took his eyes off AJ's girlfriend long enough to notice Teo shooting the gap ahead of the play & still whiffing on the tackle in the backfield.

I don't know if you tweet or not, but Brent's twitter page got BLOWN up last night. This after he couldn't even say his own name last week.

So his 3rd down status is in question.

Sure, but no more than any other rookie with pass protection question marks (most of them). I'd go as far to say that he is much better than most as is right now.

ok maybe I went over the line a tad with that comparison. I havn't done much research on the skill positions in this coming draft, cause quite frankly, its pretty weak. Darin did point out that there is depth at the QB position, I agree. But you won't see a RB go in the first and maybe, MAYBE 3 qB's. WR's? There will be 4-5 but thats it..and maybe a TE. It's all about the line this year.

I havn't looked at his stats, but can Lacy catch?

So, why did you bother making a statement? I mean, it's OK not to. But you whiffed so miserably, that you may have been comparing RG III to Jim Kelly for all you seem to know about the guy.

And, again, with that as your starting point, you may as well put a disclaimer on your posts in this thread that we should ignore everything you have to say.

So, why did you bother making a statement? I mean, it's OK not to. But you whiffed so miserably, that you may have been comparing RG III to Jim Kelly for all you seem to know about the guy.

And, again, with that as your starting point, you may as well put a disclaimer on your posts in this thread that we should ignore everything you have to say.

I'll go better than that. Read my sig.

I thought Lacy had looked pretty solid all season I believe he has had turf toe or something someone more knowledgable on the situation feel free to comment there but they did say at the start of the broadcast that he is the healthiest he has been all season long.

You never know what backs will transition well to the NFL Lacy had good numbers heading into last night aroud 1200 yards on the year at about 6.5ypc he has good size and speed and seems to have atleast some decent moves I can't see why he couldn't have an impact in the right offense.

I doubt that Lacy would get taken in the first round and I must admit I felt that Teo has been a bit over hyped all season long and I am a fan on Notre Dame I don't believe he ever really stood out in games to me he could be a solid pro but I doubt he would have gotten drafted before the 2nd round last season.

Linemen

I think the reason that Teo has been so hyped is bescause unless your after and Offensive or Defensive Linemen in this draft you might be struggling for top end talent

Edited by half_hennessy