[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

potentially the dumbest question ever asked here

frenzal rhomb

I have been invited out with the big big boss of my company and a friend of mine. Dude has a reputation as a guy who likes to drink. I like to drink too but i have the tendency to start to get a little sloppy after awhile of boozing it up.

Now I know Im 43 years old and shouldnt succumb to peer pressure but I have a feeling if I can pull this off, it could mean some good things for me.

Whats the best drink to not look like a wuss but to keep pace with this guy a bit yet not get totally sloppy to the point where Im walking stupid or worse yet, talking stupid.

I have been invited out with the big big boss of my company and a friend of mine. Dude has a reputation as a guy who likes to drink. I like to drink too but i have the tendency to start to get a little sloppy after awhile of boozing it up.

Now I know Im 43 years old and shouldnt succumb to peer pressure but I have a feeling if I can pull this off, it could mean some good things for me.

Whats the best drink to not look like a wuss but to keep pace with this guy a bit yet not get totally sloppy to the point where Im walking stupid or worse yet, talking stupid.

A few tips would be to eat a big meal and when you order from the bar alternate water or soda & your mixed drink. Water is better IMO because it flushes through your system faster, rehydrates you quicker and dilutes the alcohol in your bloodstream more efficiently. If you're ordering from your dinner table then order a water with each drink. I would also opt for the drinks that have only one alcoholic mixer in it, and request a specific liquor that has a lower proof ie Jack & Coke. Once you know you're pushing the limit start going for more Cokes vs mixed drinks. Also when you have to piss, piss. Alcohol absorbs though almost your entire digestive tract. The longer it sits in there, the more it will absorb. One last tip, remember to pace yourself. I've always had a bad habit of putting drinks away, but having a high metabolism I'm fairly able to cope well to a point. You can milk a drink if you pay attention to what you're doing. Just pray old boy doesn't want to start doing shots. In that case, tell him chives no to tequila and hope you still have a job in the morning. :lol:

Edited by rajncajn

I don't know the answer to your question, but I like your line of thinking here. When you have a chance to network and form relationships that could further your career, you should try and take advantage of the opportunity.

I also think you should not get drunk, but act as-if you are. No matter how much everyone welcomes you to be yourself, you always want to maintain a professional relationship.

I think I'd drink whatever the big boss is having. Maybe buy the first round If he doesn't care about the first drink, then it's your call.

A few tips would be to eat a big meal and when you order from the bar alternate water or soda & your mixed drink. Water is better IMO because it flushes through your system faster, rehydrates you quicker and dilutes the alcohol in your bloodstream more efficiently. I would also opt for the drinks that have only one alcoholic mixer in it, and request a specific liquor that has a lower proof ie Jack & Coke. Once you know you're pushing the limit start going for more Cokes vs mixed drinks. Also when you have to piss, piss. Alcohol absorbs though almost your entire digestive tract. The longer it sits in there, the more it will absorb.

Good suggestions.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I like your line of thinking here. When you have a chance to network and form relationships that could further your career, you should try and take advantage of the opportunity.

I also think you should not get drunk, but act as-if you are. No matter how much everyone welcomes you to be yourself, you always want to maintain a professional relationship.

I think I'd drink whatever the big boss is having. Maybe buy the first round If he doesn't care about the first drink, then it's your call.

Always let them take the lead on this IMO. If the boss wants a drink then offer to get the first round. Just because he's a drinker doesn't mean he feels like it's the right occasion and you may give the wrong impression if that's his attitude.

I've sealed many a deal over a round of woo-woos. The key is before each shot, scream "Woo-Woo!!!"

Definitely eat a lot ahead of time. Something like bread that will sit in your stomach and you'll be less likely to hurl.

A few tips would be to eat a big meal and when you order from the bar alternate water or soda & your mixed drink. Water is better IMO because it flushes through your system faster, rehydrates you quicker and dilutes the alcohol in your bloodstream more efficiently. If you're ordering from your dinner table then order a water with each drink. I would also opt for the drinks that have only one alcoholic mixer in it, and request a specific liquor that has a lower proof ie Jack & Coke. Once you know you're pushing the limit start going for more Cokes vs mixed drinks. Also when you have to piss, piss. Alcohol absorbs though almost your entire digestive tract. The longer it sits in there, the more it will absorb. One last tip, remember to pace yourself. I've always had a bad habit of putting drinks away, but having a high metabolism I'm fairly able to cope well to a point. You can milk a drink if you pay attention to what you're doing. Just pray old boy doesn't want to start doing shots. In that case, tell him chives no to tequila and hope you still have a job in the morning. :lol:

good info here

Thanks guys - I think I'll go the vodka and tonic route - from what I hear, this guy like double vodka and red bulls.

The water in each one will be good and I'll also have single vodkas to his doubles.

Last question, and yes Im that unsophisticated.

When I order do I tell the waitstaff vodka and tonic or do I say Kettle one and tonic. I really cant tell the difference in vodka once you get past the cheaper ones, so whats a good middle of the road vodka to order without sounding pretentious.

Thanks guys - I think I'll go the vodka and tonic route - from what I hear, this guy like double vodka and red bulls.

The water in each one will be good and I'll also have single vodkas to his doubles.

When I order do I tell the waitstaff vodka and tonic or do I say Kettle one and tonic. I really cant tell the difference in vodka once you get past the cheaper ones, so whats a good middle of the road vodka to order without sounding pretentious.

I'd personally order a specific vodka and tonic. I usually order Grey Goose and tonics if I'm not drinking beer.

Specify the Vodka or they may give you the house swill which could work against you. Personally I might opt for Beer. You can drink more of them than Vodka tonics . They are universally accepted among men. They take longer to drink and will get you less drunk IMO. You will pee more but thats no biggie

Edited by whomper

Don't mix you're alcohol if you plan on running a marathon with this guy. Trust me. Keep a beer in your hand for looks, but take a few sips and leave it at that. I'm not one to promote any sort of drug use, but if you can get your hands on a steroid pill, take that sucker and you will drink him under the table while keeping your whits about you. Stay away from doing shots within 1/2 hour of each other or all together if you can (although it is hard to refuse a shot from "The Drinker")...like others have said, eat a good meal and eat a lot of bread with it. Try and stick with one drink..again, don't mix your alcohol. I've done a few marathons in my lifetime :wonders: and they can be a blast if you don't get carried away and forget some simple rules. Oh almost forgot...make sure to drink plenty of water in between drinks. If you can remember to rotate a drink to water forumla, you will be just fine. And don't forget that steroid pill!! :wink:

If you have to switch, then remember:

Liquor before beer, never fear.

Beer before liquor, makes you sicker.

It always worked for me.

I'd love to drink beer but believe it or not - this place is a microbrewery and there isnt a single beer here that I like - no pilsners and no pale ales - everything has f in fruit in it.

I mean these are bad http://www.thebrewworks.com/brews/allentown-brews/

On the bright side - were going to see hatebreed after dinner, should be a fun night

Don't mix you're alcohol if you plan on running a marathon with this guy. Trust me. Keep a beer in your hand for looks, but take a few sips and leave it at that. I'm not one to promote any sort of drug use, but if you can get your hands on a steroid pill, take that sucker and you will drink him under the table while keeping your whits about you. Stay away from doing shots within 1/2 hour of each other or all together if you can (although it is hard to refuse a shot from "The Drinker")...like others have said, eat a good meal and eat a lot of bread with it. Try and stick with one drink..again, don't mix your alcohol. I've done a few marathons in my lifetime :wonders: and they can be a blast if you don't get carried away and forget some simple rules. Oh almost forgot...make sure to drink plenty of water in between drinks. If you can remember to rotate a drink to water forumla, you will be just fine. And don't forget that steroid pill!! :wink:

There has to be a joke about performance enhancing drinking and taking 'roids :unsure:

I'd love to drink beer but believe it or not - this place is a microbrewery and there isnt a single beer here that I like - no pilsners and no pale ales - everything has f in fruit in it.

I mean these are bad http://www.thebrewwo...llentown-brews/

On the bright side - were going to see hatebreed after dinner, should be a fun night

Could be worse it could be Sly Fox

Try the Knuckleball, lowest ABV. The porter and the Amber lager can't be that bad can they?

There has to be a joke about performance enhancing drinking and taking 'roids :unsure:

Could be worse it could be Sly Fox

Try the Knuckleball, lowest ABV. The porter and the Amber lager can't be that bad can they?

yes they can - I have been there a bunch and tried everything - it is hard for me to believe it but I cant find a single beer I like - they have one that tastes close to Yeungling but I dont like Yeungling either

Roofie him and he won't remember if you were a tool while drunk.

Plus...PLUS maybe you can nail him in the can.

"Plus...PLUS maybe you can nail him in the can"

Id rather do him on the table - bathroom is dirty at this place

:clap: Good stuff. Both of you