[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...and now the Vikes are changing colors?

BeeR

As if the Fins weren't bad enough. Vikes without purple and yellow? I don't even care about this team but they are a long-standing NFL team/tradition and any other colors is total stupidity, purely asinine desperation moves by a mental midget owner. What's next, Chicago goes to pink and green and calls themselves the Goblins? :whack:

"The Vikings announced Thursday that changes are coming to the organization's long-running purple and gold uniforms."

They don't say it outright, but if not, why mention the colors at all? They didn't even mention the logo.

"The Vikings announced Thursday that changes are coming to the organization's long-running purple and gold uniforms."

They don't say it outright, but if not, why mention the colors at all? They didn't even mention the logo.

I think you're assuming way too much. The article simply references the colors as part of a linked story showing the evolution of their uniforms. Geez, this is like all the outrage last year over a change in NFL uniform makers and assumptions that they would somehow force or influence teams to have ugly uniforms like Oregon.

I think you're assuming way too much. The article simply references the colors as part of a linked story showing the evolution of their uniforms. Geez, this is like all the outrage last year over a change in NFL uniform makers and assumptions that they would somehow force or influence teams to have ugly uniforms like Oregon.

You haven't seen the Seahawks play lately, I take it.

Yeah maybe. But if it's just a tweak, they worded it stupidly, even for sports "journalists" (ie hacks).

You haven't seen the Seahawks play lately, I take it.

Yeah maybe. But if it's just a tweak, they worded it stupidly, even for sports "journalists" (ie hacks).

Yeah, I've seen them play. Their ownership/management are responsible for their uniforms. The discussion I recall here when this came up before was that crappy shoes from spammers (replacing Reebok as official NFL outfitter) were going to "screw up all the uniforms like the did with Oregon". It didn't happen, at least not yet (Seahawks excluded.)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/365888-the-nfl-is-about-get-oregonized/page__hl__reebok

I saw the new logo, and you have to stare at the old and new logo to notice changes... The hair/mustache are a little different, the horn is shaped a little different. Still the same colors, just minor changes.

Told ya.

Looks more blueish. How freaking retarded is that - why do you change a classic, this isn't the freaking Panthers or Jags we're talking about. I hope the fans revolt. Wow their owner sucks.

Love the darker purple. They have had variations of the shade over the years. I think this one is more like the old school shade. Much better than the redder shade of purple. Plus if you look close it looks like purple denim. This can only mean one thing...Favre is coming back. Real comfortable spamshirts.

Love the darker purple. They have had variations of the shade over the years. I think this one is more like the old school shade. Much better than the redder shade of purple. Plus if you look close it looks like purple denim. This can only mean one thing...Favre is coming back. Real comfortable spamshirts.

:lol:

I agree, I think it looks pretty cool... and love the new typeface.

Looks like Archie Bunker is the only one that doesn't like it. And he hates puppies and rainbows too so it's not like that's a real shocker to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...