[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are all my PMs marked as deleted?

smithkt

Some, but even some of the more recent ones are marked as well. So, it seems if the other party clears their messages to make room, I can no longer respond. I also have messages where the other party has "left the conversation". Strange way to manage PMs. Makes them far less useful. If that's the way it is, then so be it. I guess the other party will just have to assume I am ignoring them.

I participate on quite a few message boards, and I have never seen any of them handle PMs this way. I guess there is nothing I can do about it, so we can consider this topic closed.

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I got it. Big John already explained it.

Yes, I understand it is a function of the IP Board software and their "Personal Conversation" approach to PMs. It's different and so far, I find it not useful for one to one communication. I recognize it could be more useful when multiple parties are involved. I guess I will just need to get used to it. In the mean time, I find it silly that someone sent me a PM and before I got a chance to respond, they deleted it. It still shows up, but I can not respond directly. It's just not what I am used to.

• WJW locked this topic