[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boston Marathon bombing

Wolverines Fan

Just awful!

Anyone know if Hughone was running in the marathon?

Edited by irish

It is sad on so many levels. It will also change forever sporting events. I cannot imagine what the Boston PD could have done to prevent it since outside venues like that are impossible to complete police. Hopefully the death toll remains at three but many people were critically injured and lost limbs. It's just a sad state of affairs the world is now in.

Senseless. Makes me sick to think about all of the people who are affected (indirectly and directly)... Not only those who lost loved ones, but those whose lives are forever changed. Lost limbs, burn victims, psychological/emotional damage... All for what? Try to imagine living the rest of your life without legs, just because some a-hole decided to blow some shlt up... Not sure how I would handle that. Things like this make me wish we held public executions for dirtbags like this.

Just found out the 8yr old boy had just returned from getting ice cream to watch runners reach the finish line. Horrible

His mother and younger sister were also injured and are still in the hospital. His sister had dreams of being a dancer and was active in that area. She lost one leg, and may lose the other.

The father and another child were there as well, but were not injured (or not serious).

With the number of people injured, there will be many scarred for life, emotionally if not physically. I'm not sure how I'd handle it if it were me or a loved one. I know I'd be angry as hell.

Wonder what it is like being 19 years old, having just run over your brother and being chased by 5000 people. And lying in that boat where they threw eight different flash bangs?

"No mas...."