[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft: comments on picks/trades/etc (as they happen or afterwards)

BeeR

something stupid via Jerry

Agreed.

Dallas likely goes with the Cyphrein (sp?) or Elam.

Ravens go Te'o.

I thought the same (Cyprien). Maybe Kawann Short, Keenan Allen, Eddie Lacy?

Dallas likely goes with the Cyphrein (sp?) or Elam.

Ravens go Te'o.

Rams... Lacy?

Cyphrein would be a nice fit for Dallas but can't believe Geno is possibly in play for them....Ravens go LB but think they take Arthur Brown

Cyphrein would be a nice fit for Dallas but can't believe Geno is possibly in play for them....Ravens go LB but think they take Arthur Brown

They could also be very happy grabbing Te'o.

I would like Cyprien or Short.

:blink: Left a lot of value on the table, Jerrah.

Unreal! There's no doubt that Frederick should be a solid pro, however, it was a reach and with guys like Barrett Jones playing the same spot, Dallas could've waited on the spot and taken a safety.

When the Vikes moved back into the 1st round the local guys were speculating on.the target. They said it must be Patterson, that's too much to give for Te'o. I love all the picks. DT for the first pick was tremendous. I'm glad they are waiting to take a linebacker. There's a heck of a lot more good 225-235ish football players than there are 300 lbers.

Lot of winners tonight...think Cowboy fans would agree they are probably the biggest losers on the night.

Eh, we're used to it at this point. I'm just happy they didn't draft Mantei, and they can't go wrong taking an OL at any position.

I thought the coolest during the pick was the 'Boys fan waving the sign that said "Can we trade our picks for a new GM?"

So, the Niners. Can't argue with what they did. Safety is certainly a need (and I wouldn't mind if they came back and grabbed the kid from Fla Intl to complete the set). Some say they didn't need to go as high as they did for him, but you never know. DT would be nice, but really only to eventually replace J Smith and/or for depth because A Smith was barely as effective once Justin went down.

At any rate, trading up was fine with me. So many picks in this draft and it's not like all those rookies make the team anyway. And, the values at DL fell off the board before 31 anyway, while most said that the kid from LSU would also not have lasted either.

From here? Like I said, grabbing a SS would be great. People keep talking pass-catchers, but they did grab Boldin and I'd like to see how last year's #1 pick evolves.

It also wouldn't upset me too much if they moved this pick for a #1 next year. Provided it's to a team that has a decent chance of not being very good.

Edited by detlef

The Vikings have no 2nd or 3rd round picks. BUT they have a pick in 4-6 and 2 picks in the 7th. It's like they ended up were they started, but instead of a pick in the 2nd and 3rd, they had three in the 1st. They don't have Percy Harvin any more, but I'm fine with that. He was always a wildcard with his migraines and moods. The team did well without him last year and now the receivers have been upgraded from last year in a major way. Patterson is listed as the best return player in the draft. The downside is that he may be too valuable to use as a return man. He's also a good sized player.

I don't need a Percy clone to be satisfied. I want to see more legitimacy in the passing game, not 5 yard dump offs to Percy.

So Jerry Jones trades a mid 1st rounder for ONE extra pick (slide in the first plus a 3rd rounder) and takes the 3rd best center as most see it.

The Pats trade a VERY LATE first rounder for THREE extra picks.

That right there folks is enshrinement in mediocrity for the 'Boys. That's a major problem y'all got there.

• Like 1

So the eagles draft a 3rd TE?

But this one could possibly be #1 on the depth chart.