[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top IDP Rookies

Very Nice.

I am not buying Dion Jordan as a DE. I project him as a OLB in that scheme.

Think KIko has stud potential and like him as #2 on this ranking. I have Minter a bit higher but questions remain if he can really be a 3 down player.

Brown has gone top 6 in two drafts with balanced scoring systems so far. 1.5 and 1.6

Kiko went 1.13 and 1.14 in those drafts

Minter went 1.14 and I got him at 3.9 in the other.

Ziggy went 1.4 in one draft and I got him at 1.8 in the other.

Very Nice.

I am not buying Dion Jordan as a DE. I project him as a OLB in that scheme.

Think KIko has stud potential and like him as #2 on this ranking. I have Minter a bit higher but questions remain if he can really be a 3 down player.

Brown has gone top 6 in two drafts with balanced scoring systems so far. 1.5 and 1.6

Kiko went 1.13 and 1.14 in those drafts

Minter went 1.14 and I got him at 3.9 in the other.

Ziggy went 1.4 in one draft and I got him at 1.8 in the other.

I have a hard time seeing Jordan not being designated a DE. Sure he probably plays some LB if they flex fronts and stuff like that but they didn't jump up to #3 to get a LB that can cover a TE

I have a hard time seeing Jordan not being designated a DE. Sure he probably plays some LB if they flex fronts and stuff like that but they didn't jump up to #3 to get a LB that can cover a TE

Time will tell but this news could be a prelude to come especially given Miami looks to be shifting to a base 3-4 scheme these days. I just don't see them as a 4-3 team any longer.

(Rotoworld)Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland said No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan could end up at linebacker.

Analysis: "That's what I like about him," Ireland said. "He's very versatile and he played linebacker [at Oregon] and he also rushed the passer. [When] we get our hands on him, [we will] see where the best place he'll fit. We've got a great vision for him. Part of that's going to be rushing the passer but the other part's up to [coach Joe Philbin]." Jordan will certainly rush the passer plenty, but he's so athletic that he could end up covering tight ends like Rob Gronkowski.

(Article Link)

I avoided him due to risk in my draft but we are real sticklers for team designations. 3-4 Teams are high risk and we score the positions differently in our league.

He went 1.11 and 2.1 in the 14 team team drafts I mentioned earlier. (Risk pushed him down.)

He is a significant talent.

Edited by Ice1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time will tell but this news could be a prelude to come especially given Miami looks to be shifting to a base 3-4 scheme these days. I just don't see them as a 4-3 team any longer.

(Rotoworld)Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland said No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan could end up at linebacker.

Analysis: "That's what I like about him," Ireland said. "He's very versatile and he played linebacker [at Oregon] and he also rushed the passer. [When] we get our hands on him, [we will] see where the best place he'll fit. We've got a great vision for him. Part of that's going to be rushing the passer but the other part's up to [coach Joe Philbin]." Jordan will certainly rush the passer plenty, but he's so athletic that he could end up covering tight ends like Rob Gronkowski.

(Article Link)

I avoided him due to risk in my draft but we are real sticklers for team designations. 3-4 Teams are high risk and we score the positions differently in our league.

He went 1.11 and 2.1 in the 14 team team drafts I mentioned earlier. (Risk pushed him down.)

He is a significant talent.

FWIW Jordan played almost exclusively with his hand in the dirt in the HOF game. Not exactly proof positive but at least a small measure of relief for dynasty owners that drafted him to play DE.