[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you like to start your first 5 rounds!

Packers1226

I am going RB, RB, WR RB unless J Graham is available in rd 2.

You can't keep a set plan. You have to take the best available especially early.

You would take McFadden or MJD in the 2nd over Dez Bryant or another top end WR?

You can't keep a set plan. You have to take the best available especially early.

You would take McFadden or MJD in the 2nd over Dez Bryant or another top end WR?

that's where my trouble is. Say you take TRich in the 1st, in the second do you go CJ2K or Julio Jones if they available? I have a tendency to go CJ as RB's fall of in the 3rd while there are still great WR's into the 5th or even 6th round.

• Like 1

that's where my trouble is. Say you take TRich in the 1st, in the second do you go CJ2K or Julio Jones if they available? I have a tendency to go CJ as RB's fall of in the 3rd while there are still great WR's into the 5th or even 6th round.

None of the later WRs are as great as Julio IMO. And CJmaybe1k looks like he wore the tread off his tires a couple years ago. I'd throw up in my mouth a little having to draft him especially in the 2nd. I think there is more upside with later guys like Bush, Wilson, Miller, etc

Besides I don't trust people with gold teef

BTW- Love Edgar Cayce

Edited by Zooty

My ideal roster is chock full of the best values I could get at RB and WR in the first five rounds. I prefer not to fall behind on those core positions, but I'm not passing on a steal if the right QB or TE falls to me. In my main local, we start 2 RB, 3 WR and a RB/WR flex, so it's probably going to be 2 RB/ 3 WR or 3 RB/ 2 WR.

Considering I don't play with any of you guys ill let out one of my predraft plans. When drafting I usually always shoot for 3rbs in the first 5 rounds, and then go with either two wr's or split it WR/TE for the other two picks but only if I feel like I can get my paws on an elite TE without reaching to far. What do you all fellow Huddlers think of my approach. I've even been known to take three running backs in the first 3 rounds as well. Only when forced to though. All my leagues are 12 team PPR and include a flex position(WR/RB).

The RB/RB/RB strategy is outdated IMO. What it really boils down to is how others in the draft pick, the scoring system and line up rules. If you assume starting 2 RB's and using the 3rd as a flex, what you're going to wind up with is a rotation of WR's. Assume that in a 12 team draft, all teams will have 2 RB's by the end of the third round. That leaves 12 of the non-RB top 36 picks on the board. If you went WR/WR/WR, your starting WR's would be a lock, as you always start your studs. If you then went RB/RB in the 4th and 5th, you'd wind up with guys that would get about 50 yards a game and an occasional TD... how does that compare to the combined output of your 3RB's that are pulled from the top 24, along with your 4th and 5th and 6th round WR's?

The drafts don't follow the above scenario, as there's a lot of people who take their first RB in the top 3 picks and go after WR/TE/QB. The guys I can't figure out are the ones that take their 4th RB before the 5th round. The best way to balance the scales is to look at the previous year total for each position as assign a weight. In a TD only league, RB/RB/RB may be the way to go, but in a PPR with so many RBBC's out there you may want to rethink your strategy. How have you done in years past? If you've maintained the same strategy and are typically out before the second playoff round (or fail to make the playoffs) with no SB wins, maybe it's time to mix it up?

Edited by Thews40

It depends on where I am in the draft.

If I am in the top half of my 12 team league I'll go, for example:

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Demaryius Thomas

3. Darren Sproles

If I am on the bottom half, I'll go something like this:

1. Alfred Morris

2. Stevan Ridley

3. Randall Cobb

After four rounds I like to have 2 RB and 2 WR.

Only if a top QB falls do I take one before the fifth round. I have seen Brady drop to the 4th round or so in mocks and that's value.

In the first three rounds I draft the best player available. After that I start studying the draft board to see what everyone else has completed position wise. Then I look at the sleepers/breakout players that I'm excited about. Then I start taking the best available player that won't take up the starting position of the sleeper players I plan to take a few rounds later. But sometimes there's a player that's just too good to pass up in the 4th round. So I call an audible and draft accordingly. I try not to fill up all my RB/WR slots until I must, because I'm not crazy about getting great points from players I drafted late but couldn't fit on my starting roster.

Don't get me wrong, I love huge points on the bench when my starters are also putting up big numbers.

All in all, I think I try to make a balance of maximizing my current picks while also maximizing my potential needs with what I know will be available in future rounds. Sometimes it makes it easier when picking between two players I consider to be equal.

For instance, if I'm torn between Tony Gonzalez and Ryan Mathews, I might take Gonzalez because I'm high on Ahmad Bradshaw as a sleeper and I know I can get him later with a place to start him. Please don't breakdown that analogy, I pulled those names from my elbow.

The nuts on this one is to do what others are not. In past years, there wasn't as much depth as RBBC is the norm. The bottom line is that if you do the inverse of what everyone is doing, you'll have a different (non-KoolAid cheatsheet) team. Different teams win SB's IMO, while cheatsheet lemmings wind up in 5th.

It depends on where I am in the draft.

If I am in the top half of my 12 team league I'll go, for example:

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Demaryius Thomas

3. Darren Sproles

If I am on the bottom half, I'll go something like this:

1. Alfred Morris

2. Stevan Ridley

3. Randall Cobb

Only if a top QB falls do I take one before the fifth round. I have seen Brady drop to the 4th round or so in mocks and that's value.

In most leagues with savvy owners, especially PPR, Sproles doesn't make it to round 3

Brady has been dropping to round 7, his value is falling thru the floor.