[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got a Chromebook

bostonsoxandy

Picked up the HP chromebook today from staples for $299. Desktop was getting painfully slow @ seven years old and just had enough.

Gotta say it is radically different but I really like the idea of cloud storage with nothing actually on the computer. In theory it should stay this lightning fast speed it is now forever since nothing is physically stored on the machine itself.

Anyone else have a chromebook?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using one now. Nice and simple. Don't expect to game or watch movies but for basic internet...perfect.

And it weighs nothing.

This. I picked up a Samsung Chromebook off Amazon for $219 (not sure why you'd need to pay $80 more at Best Buy, they're all the same I think) and am good with it.

Only possible issue would be the screen size. It's pretty small. I work off dual 21" monitors at work and going home to surf the web takes some adjustment. :lol:

This. I picked up a Samsung Chromebook off Amazon for $219 (not sure why you'd need to pay $80 more at Best Buy, they're all the same I think) and am good with it.

Only possible issue would be the screen size. It's pretty small. I work off dual 21" monitors at work and going home to surf the web takes some adjustment. :lol:

Because it's Best Buy. :)

The last time I walked into a Best Buy, I had an eerie feeling that I was walking into a Circuit City that had turned blue... Nobody in the store, except about a dozen employees standing around, and I just got the sense that the place wasn't going to be in business for very much longer. I'm guessing Best Buy is going to need to reevaluate and change some things, in the next five years or so, or they'll be going down that same road. There's pretty much nothing they can offer the average customer that you can't find for 10% less somewhere else (Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc.).

• Like 1

Exactly the same for me!

Huge double monitors at work.

• 10 months later...