[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Fantasy Football dark horse

Thews40

For me it's Brock Osweiler, QB Denver Broncos. If something should happen to PFM, Osweiler would step in and run the show; look who he has to throw to. He went 6 for 6 when the starting front line was in this week. The guy is a monster at 6' 8" and Peyton's understudy. He's a must have cuff for Manning IMO. If Manning gets hurt, Osweiler will be the waiver wire darling. In an 18 man leauge, who holds more potential... your 17th round #2 WR for Jacksonville? As a Denver homer I hope I'm wrong, but ifs and buts are chips and nuts, then what a Merry Christmas we will have.

Who is your dark horse?

Edited by Thews40

I'm going a different approach to dark horse... Guys that you've heard of but don't expect much out of who I think will be important fantasy players on contending fantasy teams this year:

QB - Jay Cutler

RB - Shonn Greene

WR - Reuben Randle

TE - Dustin Keller

How about a more traditional dark horse choice: Keshawn Martin

How could you possibly get Cecil Shorts in the 17th round of an 18 team draft?

I'll make a deal with you D&D. Maybe the next time you roll a big number with your elfen D&D pals and it gives you (insert lame D&D cloak of insight power), you shut up and post in your own thread? How about you don't respond to any of my threads and I promise not to respond to any of yours? Deal?

Edited by Thews40

So you expect Shorts to exceed Blackmon's 1409/9? Woohoo! Jags to the SuperBowl!

Look Jackass, get out my thread. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? DMD, this is what your site has come to... Elfen A hat? Get him out of the thread and expel this parasite.

If you're not interested in a quality fantasy football education, perhaps "ignore" would be your best alternative.

Parenthetically, I'm really surprised you could get Justin Blackmon in the 17th round of an 18 team draft as well. He's been going in the 7th round of our 12 team InterBoard League drafts.

Edited by Axe Elf

If you're not interested in a quality fantasy football education, perhaps "ignore" would be your best alternative.

You have nothing to offer in this conversation. Note to DMD, as you've ceremoniously gotten rid of all your experienced Huddler's without good cause, you're left with the dregs of Baby Jane and his D&D opinion on everything based on nothing. Count me out, as long as this this tool is posting in here, this site isn't even worth bothering with, certainly not worth paying for.

Edited by Thews40
  • Like 1

Parenthetically, I'm really surprised you could get Justin Blackmon in the 17th round of an 18 team draft as well. He's been going in the 7th round of our 12 team InterBoard League drafts.

What he appears interested in is a response that actually contributes to the thread, not a pissing match over who is Jacksonville's #2. I'd love to comment on the idea of Blackmon in the 7th, but I'll abstain so this thread might get back on topic.

• Like 1

You have nothing to offer in this conversation. Note to DMD, as you've ceremoniously gotten rid of all your experienced Huddler's without good cause, you're left with the dregs of Baby Jane and his D&D opinion on everything based on nothing. Count me out, as long as this this tool is posting in here, this site isn't even worth bothering with, certainly not worth paying for.

+1 I really miss Hugh One. Many others as well. It's nice to see Big Country still posting here.

• Like 1

Josh Freeman is a dark horse of mine this year (just like he was last year). He was on fire for around 5 games in a row last season and then he started sucking again. He is in a contract year so if it is ever going to happen for an entire season this is it.

It was good knowing you,

I'm not trying to start a holy war here, but the forum is free - so if there are people paying for it, props to DMD! As for DMD and the rest of his team's work on the pay part of the site, I'm not sure how telling him that you're not paying for it cause some tool is trolling the message boards is going to make your point..

Ty Hilton

He was the best rookie WR last season and is looking to pick up right where he left off. My pick is from the same team (shocker) but even though he's currently hurt (foot) I like Dwayne Allen to emerge this season as a top tier TE.

He was the best rookie WR last season and is looking to pick up right where he left off. My pick is from the same team (shocker) but even though he's currently hurt (foot) I like Dwayne Allen to emerge this season as a top tier TE.

Just wondering the thought process that went into this call. Not saying it's a bad one, especially since we're talking about dark horses, but a "top tier TE"?

Allen *did* look like the better rookie TE on the Colts last season, no argument there.

But your boys brought in Pep Hamilton and one would surmise that he would allow Fleener to prosper a bit more in the Colt offense. But hey, you're a homer.... maybe my line of thinking is way off.

Just wondering the thought process that went into this call. Not saying it's a bad one, especially since we're talking about dark horses, but a "top tier TE"?

Allen *did* look like the better rookie TE on the Colts last season, no argument there.

But your boys brought in Pep Hamilton and one would surmise that he would allow Fleener to prosper a bit more in the Colt offense. But hey, you're a homer.... maybe my line of thinking is way off.

Nope, I'm just drinking the Kool-Aid

As a dark horse, I think Dion Lewis could have some value later down the season. Richardson should get a lot of carries and I don't know if he can handle a heavy workload as he was dinged up last year. We've seen Hardesty for a few years now and meh, there isn't a whole lot there to merit fantasy play even in the games that he started.