[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Money Breakdown

bwebs13

Money Breakdown  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you do your money breakdown?

• Winner Take All
    • 1st = all (minus 2nd winnings) 2nd = double the entry fee
    • 1st = all (minus 2nd and 3rd winnings) 2nd = double the entry fee 3rd = entry fee
    • Others (please explain)

How do you do your money breakdown in a $ league?

Option 1

Winner Take All

Option 2

1st = all (minus 2nd winnings) 2nd = double the entry fee

Option 3

1st = all (minus 2nd and 3rd winnings) 2nd = double the entry fee 3rd = entry fee

Others (please explain)

I like Option 3 the best

Depends on number of teams and other factors.

Do I want;

Weekly prizes?

Regular Season prizes for best record/division champ?

Regular Season prize for points scored?

Playoff Prizes i.e. SuperBowl Champ/RunnerUp?

All of those things come into play when determining payouts.

I think in a 10 team you probably go with Option 2, maybe Option 3. 12 teams or more Option 3. But it all depends on how much you're putting up. If you're putting up a lot of money you can afford to have some weekly prizes and seasonal prizes, but with lower amounts you stuck with mainly just end results.

8 team league is points only league, no head to head records count other than extra 6 points ftw each week. We do it just like #3 above.

12 team league does weekly high points receive small amount, division winners an amount and 1st and 2nd get the remainder 2/3 to 1/3 of total. Plus $5 into each of the confidence and survivor pool winner take all.

I think in a 10 team you probably go with Option 2, maybe Option 3. 12 teams or more Option 3. But it all depends on how much you're putting up. If you're putting up a lot of money you can afford to have some weekly prizes and seasonal prizes, but with lower amounts you stuck with mainly just end results.

The amount you are putting up is irrelevant. If you are splitting it 50%/30%/20% it doesn't matter if it is a $10 league or a $100 league, the same split is made.

Same for weekly prizes, you could have X% go to weekly prizes then divide the rest up for the various winners.

The only thing the amount of buy in has to do with it is the gross dollar amount of payout, but it has very little to do with the ability (or the lack thereof) to split up the prize pool however the league sees fit.

The only thing the amount of buy in has to do with it is the gross dollar amount of payout, but it has very little to do with the ability (or the lack thereof) to split up the prize pool however the league sees fit.

While I do not disagree with your mathematics, %s are everything I understand. I would not personally entertain a league where it was a $50 buy in with that much activity per week. Yay so everyone gets a piece of my pie if I'm the winner? No thanks.

• Like 1