[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell = Lis Franc - ish

DMD

There is some belief that even if it's not a lis franc injury, Bell will miss 6-10 weeks and if it is, his season is over.

Not seeing much doubt in the latest reports here:

http://www.rotoworld...390/leveon-bell

Le'Veon Bell (foot) has been diagnosed with a Lisfranc injury, and the Steelers are unsure if he will require surgery.

He has no timetable for a return. FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Steelers are "hoping" Bell can avoid surgery, but "won't be sure until he gets it double checked." NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Bell could be out "some time," and that the team is "pretty frustrated." Bell obviously needs to be removed from draft boards until we get a clearer idea of his timeline, but even a best-case scenario would likely have him missing 4-6 weeks.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

This is why you don't draft till the week before the season starts. Especially in big $$ leagues..

That is what we do, draft has been day after Labor Day for the past 10+ years.

But that isn't possible for people who play in 8-10 leagues, or play in big money organized leagues like Muto and others where the draft dates are not up to you.

• Like 1

If your success in FF was tied to Bell, your season was over before the injury. People really thought this guy in that offense was that much of an impact guy?

If any one player going down kills your team before the season even starts....your team wasn't that good to start with.

PS How long ago were these drafts of Muto that he ended up with Killer Hernandez on so many teams?

• Like 1

Not seeing much doubt in that prior report because journalists no longer know how to do their jobs and report factually theses days. Bell was never diagnosed with a lis franc injury, and glazer's tweet which that rotoworld report was based off of never said any such thing either.

Edited by Crazysight
  • Like 1

But that isn't possible for people who play in 8-10 leagues, or play in big money organized leagues like Muto and others where the draft dates are not up to you.

Seems to me it's a pretty poor choice making hugh money decisions by drafting in leagues so early when so much more is left to chance. Luck is already enough of a factor to only add to the variability substantially.

Easy for me to say, I guess, but then I don't have ####loads of money to risk pissing away playing FF either.

• Like 1

This is why you don't draft till the week before the season starts. Especially in big $$ leagues..

Or for those of us in 50-75 leagues...it would be really tough to squeeze in that many after the preseason ends...

Seriously though I start drafting in May so I can understand where players are being valued and drafted and I can get a jump on making my rankings then I continue to draft (usually all slow drafts in May-June) so I can tweet my rankings every week then come July I will start entering small satellites for the FPC on RTS so I can gain more knowledge on how to draft my teams and where players are going and what is my best strategy for pick slots ect and if I go WR/WR to start will that throw my team into the crapper or can I find RB value later on ect. I don't do most of my high stake drafts until after this weekend. I take 2 weeks of vacation starting today so I can indeed crank out 20-25 drafts over the next 2 weeks (I don't worry about that 4th preseason game much for injury after you get by the 3rd your usually good to go on the starters).

Another great reason to draft early is you will get those sleepers I was taking Cameron and J-Thomas very late (Thomas in round 33 of drafts a few months ago) and you won't be getting those values now so it is always risk vs reward...I actually wish I had done a couple high stakes drafts in early August before the 1st week of preseason games because teams out there that got guys like Cameron, Thompkins, Lacy, ect way later than they can get them now are going to have a huge advantage over all my teams I will be drafting if they dodged any major injuries and while some will get hit with injuries since about 500 teams in the NFFC and 1500 teams in the FFPC will have already been drafted there will be a huge amount of teams that have got such great value and dodged injuries they will already have a much better chance to cash the 250K and 100K grand prizes.

I have always been a huge believer that those who draft earlier have a much better chance to win the big prize but last year I may have dispelled that myth (I drafted 2 days before that Wednesday game and still win the 100K) and drafted 1 day before that game and came in 4th as well.

In any event I still think drafting earlier helps you out more than it hurts you if your trying to win 1st place out of 2400 or 5000 teams.

This is dumb "If your success in FF was tied to Bell, your season was over before the injury"

If any one player going down kills your team before the season even starts....your team wasn't that good to start with.

PS How long ago were these drafts of Muto that he ended up with Killer Hernandez on so many teams?

4 dynasty leagues and my very first 3 drafts of the year I took Hernandez in all 3 back in early May.

This is dumb "If your success in FF was tied to Bell, your season was over before the injury"

Is it indeed, Henry? Because you didn't do your homework on Bell and got caught up in the combine craze on him? If he was anything other than a bye week option for your FF team, you misjudged his ability badly. Your winning $100K doesn't change that.

i do a bunch of bigger buy in leagues and do a few July, a few in August and then a few right before the season starts.

Sure the earlier you draft, the more risk there is of losing a player before the season starts- but the whole league shares the same risk so I dont worry about it. Personally I like the early drafts, the chance to get sleepers, and then the suspense of your players getting through camp lol.

I agree with t

I see what you mean that you could end up with a stacked team due to injuries and changes to depth charts etc. during August. This would be especially true with a strategy where you drafted less risky players like veteran wide receivers and quarterbacks early and waited to draft running backs or less established players.

But one thing I have noticed through the years is that the people who draft in July and early August tend to be really astute fantasy players. They draft well and manage their teams well during the season. Most casual owners aren't even thinking about fantasy football in July. The best teams I've drafted in public leagues have been teams that I drafted within a week of the season starting. Granted, this probably wouldn't apply to higher dollar leagues.

I agree with that. This means if you draft in July when they 1st start allowing leagues I did notice that the names in them were a bunch of big time names and if you have to play against the top players your chances of winning the overall go way down and I usually draft my big leagues in the final week while most of the top players are in Vegas doing their main events which means they can't be in my league.

Good point.

In 2011 I picked Jamaal Charles (1.4), Mark Ingram (4.9), Peyton (5.4). Charles tore his knee up in week 2, Ingram finished 45th in RB scoring and Peyton had to have his neck reattached and didn't even play...I went on to a 9-4 record and made the playoffs (lost in round 1)...had an all-play record of 99-44 (.692)(the second best in the league...also scored the second most points in the league....drafts are X number of rounds for a reason...no one player should kill a fantasy team and if he does then yes, more than likely you drafted very poorly or had horrible luck.

In 2011 I picked Jamaal Charles (1.4), Mark Ingram (4.9), Peyton (5.4). Charles tore his knee up in week 2, Ingram finished 45th in RB scoring and Peyton had to have his neck reattached and didn't even play...I went on to a 9-4 record and made the playoffs (lost in round 1)...had an all-play record of 99-44 (.692)(the second best in the league...also scored the second most points in the league....drafts are X number of rounds for a reason...no one player should kill a fantasy team and if he does then yes, more than likely you drafted very poorly or had horrible luck.

Yeah, but my dick is still bigger than yours.

[tapstoesthreetimes] I wish I wish I wish [/tapstoesthreetimes]

• Like 1

I took Henandez and Harvin in the FFPC Draft Masters format in the 3rd/4th rounds going to be pretty hard to come back from that when you have no waivers.

Also pretty tough to overcome major injuries like this when your trying to win 1st place out of 2,000 or 5,000 people...sure you might overcome it and win your league but your odds of winning it all go way down.

I took Brady in the 1st, Gronk in the 2nd last year on my overall championship team those are pretty big odds to overcome and win in the playoffs over 368 teams.

QB in the 1st round and losing your 2nd round pick are hard to overcome to win a big contest but a lot of that was luck.

Edited by Henry Muto

Yeah, but my dick is still bigger than yours.

[tapstoesthreetimes] I wish I wish I wish [/tapstoesthreetimes]

Get it right! It's clicksheelsthreetimes. The clicking is the key that gets you over the hump.

Edited by irish

I took Henandez and Harvin in the FFPC Draft Masters format in the 3rd/4th rounds going to be pretty hard to come back from that when you have no waivers.

Also pretty tough to overcome major injuries like this when your trying to win 1st place out of 2,000 or 5,000 people...sure you might overcome it and win your league but your odds of winning it all go way down.

I took Brady in the 1st, Gronk in the 2nd last year on my overall championship team those are pretty big odds to overcome and win in the playoffs over 368 teams.

QB in the 1st round and losing your 2nd round pick are hard to overcome to win a big contest but a lot of that was luck.

In leagues like you describe I agree 1000%.

So, we all know Bell has a possible lis-franc injury, and most people are running scared of him; understandibly.

Is he worth drafting at all, and if so, what round? i'm in the middle of a ppr draft right now, and I'm thinking if he falls to the 10th or 11th, it may be worth a flier to stash him for later in the season....... thoughts???

So, we all know Bell has a possible lis-franc injury, and most people are running scared of him; understandibly.

Is he worth drafting at all, and if so, what round? i'm in the middle of a ppr draft right now, and I'm thinking if he falls to the 10th or 11th, it may be worth a flier to stash him for later in the season....... thoughts???

he went 10.8 in an FSWA draft last night...I thought that was a bit high...but then again I took Harvin in round 12 so what do I know

He ended up going in the 12th in ours. I was going to take him, but there was a guy who was on auto draft and the system took him about 3 spots before me....

but the system only took two WR for this guy, so may offer up a very late round WR for him. :brow:

Edited by Big Dogs

If his foot heals well enough and he comes back by week 6 and takes over the job, he could be HUGH for the teams that get him late down the stretch.

Is it indeed, Henry? Because you didn't do your homework on Bell and got caught up in the combine craze on him? If he was anything other than a bye week option for your FF team, you misjudged his ability badly. Your winning $100K doesn't change that.

Are you saying the Steelers didn't do thier homework? Or just that you are a better judge of talent than the Steelers scouts...