[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Hates Kaep eh?

BrooklynCrew

Hmm... Huddle ranks Indy Def as #30 fantasy option this week.... Not sure how to reconcile those two positions... The very low CK rank lept off the page to me.... Given the public beatdown they just took, coming back home.. I see Indy as a bad defense... a big day from CK seems likely. :thinking:

I have Kaepernick rated in the 16-18 range too. I expect a TON of Frank Gore Sunday. I'm thinking Kaepernick will be in the 200-225 yard, 1-2 TD range with 30-40 rushing yards. He's startable but I just don't see the potential for a HUGE passing game. Could be wrong.

• Like 1

I have Kaepernick rated in the 16-18 range too. I expect a TON of Frank Gore Sunday. I'm thinking Kaepernick will be in the 200-225 yard, 1-2 TD range with 30-40 rushing yards. He's startable but I just don't see the potential for a HUGE passing game. Could be wrong.

Can't say I follow how there's 15 names I'd rather have than him starting this week... there's about 10 on the Huddle list that there's no way I start over him, virtually ever, and definitely not this week... Indy can score... and their D is bad. I don't see a ton of Gore ever, given what Gore is now. We shall see, but I'm in the 'major disagreement' camp with that ranking... not really alone either, scanning just about everywhere else on these here interwebs... just wondering I guess.

Seeing how Terrell Pryor torched them for over 100 yards rushing, I would say that Kaep (who is a running QB) will also have a good chance to get points on the ground. I understand that the Seattle game was pretty brutal, but that was against the best D in the league in the loudest stadium to play in, on a primetime game. The 15+ range does seem a little low, but I understand the hesitation to lock him in top 5 or top 10.

13/27 - 150 yards, 20 yards rushing with a lost fumble and an interception . . .

DMD, sometimes I don't know how you do it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well I was right about him getting some points on the ground, eh?

:bag:

I'm beginning to consider that the Seahawks defense and the 12th man didn't have as big an effect as they did last week. Kaep was terrible again this week, at home, against the Colts and the Jaguars scored 17 this week, pushing the Seahawks points allowed per game all the way up to 9. What a fraud the Legion of Boom and the rest of that defense is.

:wink::whistle:

Edited by Tripleshot

I've known this kid was overrated since last season. On draft day, I promised myself not to take Romo again, or anyone else in his tier for that matter. I took Stafford even though Kaep was going 3 picks earlier than him ADP-wise. Kaep is in Romo's tier.

Yeah, but Romo is actually doing well.. and he's a great QB. Just because he has the Star on his helmet and because he throws interceptions and loses important games like every other QB, doesn't put him in a much lower tier. Good pick on Stafford though, can't say anything wrong about that.

So I just got finished watching the Sunday Ticket shortcut of the SF vs IND game and this thread seems like a good place to share my impressions.

1. The Colts D is much improved. I did not see a single missed open field tackle. They were hitting harder than the 49ers were all game long.

2. Andrew Luck can run as well as any NFL QB not named Vick, Griffin, or Wilson. I mean, how in the hell did Brooks not sack him right before the half on that one play near midfield???

3. The 49ers receivers could not get open all day long, and when they did, Kaep was already tucking and running. This team is in desperate need of a WR1 that requires the defense to bracket him. Right now, a decent secondary can just matchup and do a pretty good job taking everything away.

4. The 49ers could virtually run at will between the tackles. I don't understand why they didn't pound the rock for 4 quarters instead of just the first.

5. The 49ers defense gave up a lot of first downs via penalty, and the calls all looked legit.

6. Bradshaw was vastly superior to Richardson in every possible way. He was faster, quicker, more powerful, more elusive, and ran with much greater vision. I realize that it's only the first week in Indy, but TRich doesn't need to know the playbook to juke a guy or break a tackle, neither of which I saw him do.

I would love to stick a fork in the Niners, believe me. Methinks they will be back and with a vengeance. They had the Aldon distraction. They were missing Vernon Davis. Were they missing Willis for part of the game too(perhaps part of the reason the Colts could run on them)? And I also think Harbaugh abandoned the running game in favor of passing to try to make a personal statement - that he had more to do with Luck's success at Stanford than Luck did. If the Niners could have won with Kaep passing, he basically says he can win with any QB and his system. I know it sounds like a stretch, but the guy has a monstrous ego. Granted, they may not yet be out of the woods, as losing Aldon is a hugh blow to their pass rush, and their secondary is their weak point. But if they want to lose a game or two more that they should have won before they get back to being the Niners we expected, I'm good with that as a Seahawks fan.