[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2004 PGA Championship

Down Goes Frazia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if one of the 3 or love wins the thing...... I'll have entry fee for my local FF league paid for. :D

either way, I'm 50 % paid. :D

340543[/snapback]

Davis sure as hell better not be the one on your team who wins. B) :hoppingmad:

I'd like to give that bastage one of these :D

yep, tough-ass track.... and l-o-n-g. longest in PGA championship history. Not to mention gonna be wet..... with a good ammount of rain that they've had recently it  will make it even tougher.

341632[/snapback]

That rain might help the balls stick, though and not go rolling of into the lake.

That rain might help the balls stick, though and not go rolling of into the lake.

342045[/snapback]

.... @ 7550 yards they're gonna need all the help they can get off the T-box....... especially the shorter hitters.

As for the greens..... I'm sure it well help. the way these guys hit their wedges... it'll be like throw'n darts.

My dad played the course last year and said it is the toughest course he has played. And he's played some good ones.

It is not only long there are several blind and partial blind shots. You have to hit to certain spots. Of course with these guys that won't be an issue.

My dad played the course last year and said it is the toughest course he has played.  And he's played some good ones. 

It is not only long there are several blind and partial blind shots.  You have to hit to certain spots.  Of course with these guys that won't be an issue.

343184[/snapback]

I watched a preview on the Golf Channel. Seems to be a lot of people who think this may be the most difficult course ever for a major, because of the cross winds as well as the length.

I watched a preview on the Golf Channel.  Seems to be a lot of people who think this may be the most difficult course ever for a major, because of the cross winds as well as the length.

343198[/snapback]

Did you see that 18th green? :eek: The preview I watched, Dave Pelz, "the short game guru" dropped a couple balls on the front end of the green and the hole was at the back end....over 200 feet away. First putt he left 50 feet short, 2nd one he f'n drained! :D

Freakin' green is shaped like a big X ...should see several occasions this week where the players have to chip from one section of the green to another.

Did you see that 18th green? :eek:  The preview I watched, Dave Pelz, "the short game guru" dropped a couple balls on the front end of the green and the hole was at the back end....over 200 feet away. First putt he left 50 feet short, 2nd one he f'n drained! :D

Freakin' green is shaped like a big X ...should see several occasions this week where the players have to chip from one section of the green to another.

343266[/snapback]

That putt was amazing. :eek:

Crazy green.

You have to hit to certain spots. 

343184[/snapback]

target golf AND 7500 + yards. :eek:

Can't wait to watch. before I moved out here I played a "sister course" to WS in Kohler called Black Wolf Run..... back in '90 I believe. I think it's on the same property as WS and owned by the same company.... but not sure.WS was not around then. At any rate...... it still rates as one of the finest courses I've ever played.... and toughest. At the time I was carrying about a 10 handicap.....and was playing quite a bit.

I shot a 103 from the tips...... and had a birdie & like 4 pars. It coulda easily been a 113 or higher. Brutal.

target golf AND 7500 + yards. :eek:

Can't wait to watch. before I moved out here I played a "sister course" to WS in Kohler called Black Wolf Run..... back in '90 I believe. I think it's on the same property as WS and owned by the same company.... but not sure.WS was not around then. At any rate

Yes, by the Kohler company, currently run by Herb Kohler....very influential in that area.