[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyrran Matheiu

Are all things equal, in terms of scoring? In other words, unless DB's get more pts/tackle than LB (which some leagues do), I'd stick with Levy. He's probably got a higher floor than Mathieu, and although both have been relatively consistent, Mathieu might be the more likely of the two to have a dud week.

As for the list, I've noticed that it's not exactly an all-inclusive list... Not so much this year, but when I've looked at it in the past. It's a decent list, in terms of 50 players who should do well on the week in question, but any time you limit a list to the top "X" players, you're bound to find at least a couple more who belong on the list. In this case, if you looked hard enough, it's pretty safe to say that you would find a couple of players who have scored in the top 10-20, more often than not, yet continue to be left off the list. That's not a criticism, but rather an observation, based on what I've seen.

The other thing, regarding Mathieu, is that he didn't "officially" win a starting job until just recently (I think it was this week). So, you can pretty much replace Rashad Johnson (who is on the list) with Mathieu, and maybe even bump Mathieu up a few spots, given his big-play ability.

Isn't getting much love this week by huddle but Patrick Peterson is. ... I'm not sure what gives The honey Badger has only had 1 bad game & 1 just below avg. He had been a beast otherwise. I'm trying to decide between him & Levy in my IDP Flex spot

Mathieu's projection was fat fingered and should be 6 solos...I'll correct it for the Friday update.

Edited by keggerz

Are all things equal, in terms of scoring? In other words, unless DB's get more pts/tackle than LB (which some leagues do), I'd stick with Levy. He's probably got a higher floor than Mathieu, and although both have been relatively consistent, Mathieu might be the more likely of the two to have a dud week.

As for the list, I've noticed that it's not exactly an all-inclusive list... Not so much this year, but when I've looked at it in the past. It's a decent list, in terms of 50 players who should do well on the week in question, but any time you limit a list to the top "X" players, you're bound to find at least a couple more who belong on the list. In this case, if you looked hard enough, it's pretty safe to say that you would find a couple of players who have scored in the top 10-20, more often than not, yet continue to be left off the list. That's not a criticism, but rather an observation, based on what I've seen.

The other thing, regarding Mathieu, is that he didn't "officially" win a starting job until just recently (I think it was this week). So, you can pretty much replace Rashad Johnson (who is on the list) with Mathieu, and maybe even bump Mathieu up a few spots, given his big-play ability.

I've been doing the projections for two years now...and the 50 or so that I project at each position is not necissarily the top 50...I try to do the top plays for the week, but I also try to cover guys that I know people own and if they weren't included would be wondering what is going on...I think there's as much value in telling someone that a player isn't a viable play as is giving info on the top plays...if not more so.

Or that. :lol:

I don't know if people just look at projections without reading the writeups or not but had the OP read the writeups for PP and TM he'd have noticed that something was wrong with TM's projection and that PP's projection is reliant on him netting an INT.

Here are the writeups:

Peterson faces a Texans team that ranks 3rd in average points allowed to CBs this year. At first blush that makes Peterson sound like a lock to hit double digits for the 3rd time this year, but digging deeper shows otherwise. If Peterson is going to hit double digits it will be because he logs an interception like I have him projected for. If he doesn't he'll be in single digits again.

Mathieu has had one poor fantasy performance this year -- a 4 point effort in week 7. This week won't be number two. Not against a Texans team that ranks 3rd in average points allowed to safeties.

Edited by keggerz

I've been doing the projections for two years now...and the 50 or so that I project at each position is not necissarily the top 50...I try to do the top plays for the week, but I also try to cover guys that I know people own and if they weren't included would be wondering what is going on...I think there's as much value in telling someone that a player isn't a viable play as is giving info on the top plays...if not more so.

Understood. Like I said, my comments were an observation, not a criticism.

Thanks for the info. I read the write ups in value tracker. I just didn't notice pp got a bump due to an int projection. I have been leaving towards Levy over TM. But anther option is TM over L.Landry. Looks like both (all since I also have Burnet) but Landry may be the riskier play It is a low scoring league unless a guy gets a sack, those can turn out big points

Edited by davesworld23