[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are not watching football anymore

Cowboyz1

I don't know what to call it now but after watching the Saints get bailed out yet again by a ruffing call on the Niners, I know the game is no more. The defense can't play defense anymore. I am disgusted. They are taking the game away from us and handing it over to the puss world we now seem to be living in. It's a sad day for our beloved game as we see it dumbed down to some sort of touch game.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I don't know what to call it now but after watching the Saints get bailed out yet again by a ruffing call on the Niners, I know the game is no more. The defense can't play defense anymore. I am discussed. They are taking the game away from us and handing it over to the puss world we now seem to be living in. It's a sad day for our beloved game as we see it dumded down to some sort of touch game.

I thought I've disgusted this with you before.

• Like 2

It's a sad day for our beloved game as we see it dumded down to some sort of touch game.

:tup:

You're right though, on all counts. It was just as lame a call as many of the other "omg you touched the QB" calls. I think they should just make it that behind the line you only need 2-hand touch for the QB and be done with it. Safer that way. And safety first!

lmao @ the NFL

The brunt of the hit was on Brees shoulder and the force caused his neck the snap to the side. Im a 49ers fan so maybe a bit biased but I felt it was a reactionary call. It looked bad so therefore it must have been a foul type deal. I guess you have to paint a bullseye on the QB's chest because that's pretty much the only place you can hit him without it being a foul.

The brunt of the hit was on Brees shoulder and the force caused his neck the snap to the side. Im a 49ers fan so maybe a bit biased but I felt it was a reactionary call. It looked bad so therefore it must have been a foul type deal. I guess you have to paint a bullseye on the QB's chest because that's pretty much the only place you can hit him without it being a foul.

His bicep strikes the neck area (see the GIF i posted)

I fixed it...see if this works: LINK

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /gifs/DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /gifs/DrewBreesNeckSuperSloMo.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yup, that's what I'm getting too.

I agree the whiplash of Brees' head was what caused the penalty. It was a clean hit in my opinion, Brees is short, if he is two inches taller no penalty. Splitting hairs with these rules. Yeah, his arm may have brushed his neck, but the call made me queasy as well despite the violence incurred.

It could have gone either way really. It sort of looked like he got Brees's neck, and at the same time it seems like it could have been a bit low. In a split-second decision, I can see how it got called.

Edited by bud29

Forbidden

I have no idea why you are getting that.

looked like his neck stretched a foot

Did the GIF work for you?