[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to Go - Worst NFL Coaches of the Year

electricrelish

It's that time of the year to spread joy and good cheer. Sorry to be so cold, but it's also the time of the year where folks lose their jobs. Who do you think should be let go at the end of the season?

Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys - How does the head coach not run the ball more against the Redskins, and then point the finger at the OC. He's the damn HC, he can't see what the hell is going on right in front of his eyes? Garrett is not getting better at this. He's getting worse.

Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions - He's had 5 years and only made the playoffs once. This season was a huge step backwards. They've seriously regressed. They've assembled talent, but not a winning team. They need a new direction cause it simply isn't working.

Rex Ryan, New York Jets - I used to like Rex Ryan, but the offensive woes have grown old. Ryan is best left on the defensive side of the house. Again, they just keeping worse and there's no signs that Ryan is going to turn it around.

Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins - Right now this team is in the playoffs, but they still may not make it for sure. Bullygate is still a disaster. All was forgiven when he went on a winning streak, but the last loss to the Bills was laughable. If Philbin is not the problem, then Mike Sherman sure is. Who runs the ball only 12 times and then stops? Horrible game plan. Sherman is Philbin's guy, so something should give.

There are plenty more to list, but these are the four whose coaching I find annoying. Gary Kubiak would be on the list too, but he's already gone.

Rex Ryan, New York Jets - I used to like Rex Ryan, but the offensive woes have grown old. Ryan is best left on the defensive side of the house. Again, they just keeping worse and there's no signs that Ryan is going to turn it around.

Honestly, I think Rex did a heck of a job coaching the Jets this year. I mean, who if any expected more than 4 wins from them?

• Like 1

Dennis Allen.

My vote is for Dennis Allen too. The Raiders have not gotten any better.Since he has been there...

One of the worst rosters in the league and cap strapped on top of it...I won't be surprised if they give him another year.

Garrett is a no brainer.

Schwartz and Ryan are close to it. Personally I think Ryan has some blackmail info on someone as it's laughable that he's still coaching. Starting anyone (including any of us) over Sanchez as a starting QB automatically means a few more wins.

Disagree on the rest, but owners pull the trigger so quickly nowdays......

I may be a homer but Ryan doesn't deserve to be fired. He may not know anything about the nuances of offensive but I don't think many coaches in the league would win without pass catching playmakers to bail out the likes of Sanchez or Geno Smith.

If he gets Fired it's only because the new GM wants to install is own people to carry out his vision.

The rest of those names listed should definitely be fired as they have had the talent to go deep in the playoffs. If Ryan could do it with a horrible QB then so could the Cowboys and Lions.

I may be a homer but Ryan doesn't deserve to be fired. He may not know anything about the nuances of offensive but I don't think many coaches in the league would win without pass catching playmakers to bail out the likes of Sanchez or Geno Smith.

If he gets Fired it's only because the new GM wants to install is own people to carry out his vision.

The rest of those names listed should definitely be fired as they have had the talent to go deep in the playoffs. If Ryan could do it with a horrible QB then so could the Cowboys and Lions.

I'm not a Jets homer and I agree that he shouldn't be fired. But I also won't be shocked if Idzik cans him either (for the reason you stated).

Funny nobody is mentioning Coughlin like so many were earlier in the season. I could see him deciding to retire, but doubt he gets canned. Not sure what is going on in Detroit, maybe a new coach is the answer maybe not. Remember teams need better coaches, not just replacing guys that haven't been successful.

1-2 years ago Reid was a horrible coach, Philly needed a change, now we're talking about him as a candidate for coach of the year.

Leslie "gotta watch the tape" Frazier has no business being a head coach at the NFL level. Needs to go promptly after this last game.

And if I may rant for a moment, I am sick and tired of hearing about what a nice guy he is and how he is a man of great faith (as though that is reason enough to keep him as coach). Go down to the local church on sunday morning and find several people with those same attributes. They don't belong coaching pro football and neither does Leslie.

• Like 2

Every coach on defense for the Packers along with conservative Ted Thompson.

You cannot just build through the draft and he isn't good enough a scout to do it anyway. To compete at the highest level you have to bring in some free agents. I understand not wanting to overspend but he has a good record when he has spent.

He belongs in another era like the 60's.

Seattle and The 49'ers are others have passed him by.

Jim Schwartz defending this season as not a failure was the last straw for me. He has no discipline or accountability, traits I feel we have seen from his team time and time again.

I think Garrett should be out too. Hes like a different math problem with the same answer relative to Schwartz. His teams lack discipline and accountability, but hes not a fiery guy and his teams lack the same passion. I would liken their teams to the fatherless street thugs vs the apathetic pot-heads.

Greg "jerkass" Schiano

This guy is an ass clown. With all of the Freeman controversy that Schiano appears to have been a major catalyst in igniting, I just don't ever see that locker room wanting to win for this anus. Not to mention his tactics when the other team is in victory formation. He needs to head back to college football ASAP.

Honestly, I think Rex did a heck of a job coaching the Jets this year. I mean, who if any expected more than 4 wins from them?

Im hoping for five!

Dennis Allen.

Man I love me some Dennis Allen http://nflspinzone.com/2013/12/25/dennis-allen-fires-back-agent-reason-believe-allen/

Allen said, ”That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever frickin’ heard.” :tup::clap: calls it right this time

ESPN reporting the Chudzinski is the first to be fired.... http://espn.go.com/n...owns-head-coach

Really? That makes zero sense to me - bad record, but Browns were competitive despite musical chairs at QB and trading their highly touted RB (who in reality is a stiff, but still...).

I'm shocked Chud was one-and-done.