[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears sign Cutler to 7 year extension

tazinib1

Well I guess the Bears are telling us they don't think McCown is better or the future franchise QB.

Not sure if Cutler is worth this much, but I think he is a good QB and could lead them to the playoffs.

Who else could they get that is better?

PS We all know a long term contract is back loaded, will not see the full term, etc. So the full terms are not very relevant.

Bears fan get what they want. Now remember that in a few years, when you are bitching your ass off.

Um, I wouldn't generalize. I am not in the Cutler camp. I would have been OK with signing him to a long-term deal if the price was right. This does not sound like a very financially sound move considering the fact the defense needs so much help.

Oh well, Brandon Marshall owners rejoice.

Um, I wouldn't generalize. I am not in the Cutler camp. I would have been OK with signing him to a long-term deal if the price was right. This does not sound like a very financially sound move considering the fact the defense needs so much help.

Oh well, Brandon Marshall owners rejoice.

Well you've got to figure at the length he'll never see years 6 and 7 - it'll either be a renegotiate or cut at that point.

We went back on forth on this already, the money to be saved is in dropping Peppers and using THAT space to revamp the D. The Jennings resigning is certainly one to look at too.

per espn, 50 mil guarenteed

McCown is like 50 yrs old

I suppose I could live with that contract as a Cutler-naysayer. I hope he gets the job done and quits throwing to Marshall in triple coverage.

And McCown is "only" 34 while Cutler is 30. But which one has more mileage? :thinking:

This'll be the last time I say it since at this point it doesn't really matter given this signing. I think McCown is the better QB for the Bears in Trestman's offense and I would have rather the Bears save that 50 mil and go after every single big-name defensive UFA.

I guess I'll have to settle for them dumping Peppers and going after a few bigger name defensive guys.

:kicksrock:

And McCown is "only" 34 while Cutler is 30. But which one has more mileage? :thinking:

I think McCown is the better QB for the Bears in Trestman's offense and I would have rather the Bears save that 50 mil and go after every single big-name defensive UFA.

my mistake, for some reason I thought he was 36 or 37.

Can't argue with the rest

Right. The ultimate back-in 5 years after even winning a playoff game. That's hi falutin pedigree right there!

Nice to see you back btw: And welcome to the Rivers/Cutler bickarage. It sure was fun when Jay was in Denver... :sigh: