[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(Help) Shipping a beverage

keggerz

I've got someone that is willing to ship me a growler of Pliny the Elder and was wondering:

1. Is it legal to ship from CA to VA? (I tried to google but couldn't find a clear answer)

2. Anyone have any packing tips?

3. USPS, UPS, FedEx or other?

4. Any other tips or recommendations?

TIA

What Bier said (in regards to the "olive oil".

I've shipped beer to people in various states in the past, and I usually pack them up in non-descript packaging, and surround any bottles with plenty of packing material both for protection and to make sure there isn't any "clinking" sound coming from the box. I've never had any problems.

I think I used FedEx back then, but it's been a while.

• 5 weeks later...

A growler? I know I'm late to the party, but I hope you didn't do it. Growlers are meant to be kept refrigerated. I'm not sure what a 1-2+ day trek across the country did it. At best it probably came flat.

ETA: Though at this time of year, it might have stayed cold enough, but that's chancing it.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

http://www.uline.com...m-Wine-Shippers

and have your friend ship "olive oil" to you

What Bier said (in regards to the "olive oil".

I've shipped beer to people in various states in the past, and I usually pack them up in non-descript packaging, and surround any bottles with plenty of packing material both for protection and to make sure there isn't any "clinking" sound coming from the box. I've never had any problems.

I think I used FedEx back then, but it's been a while.

Use FedEx..... I usually ship "Olive Oil" a couple of times a year and unlike UPS they never ask what is in the box.

Thanks guys!

A growler? I know I'm late to the party, but I hope you didn't do it. Growlers are meant to be kept refrigerated. I'm not sure what a 1-2+ day trek across the country did it. At best it probably came flat.

ETA: Though at this time of year, it might have stayed cold enough, but that's chancing it.

I haven't had anything shipped yet but appreciate you pointing out about keeping the growler refrigerated.