[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

That's it! Jim Harbaugh is leaving for Cleveland.

More seriously: why?

If your starting QB gets hurt for 4-6 games you need a backup that can go .500 and keep playoff hopes alive until they return, ala McCown last year in Chicago. Gabbert with that defense and running game can be that guy. It's not like a 6th round pick has a high chance to make SF's roster, so it's very little risk.

• Like 1

Verner to the Buccanneers and Byrd to the Saints!

:thinking: I thought the Saints were out of money and cutting everybody? :shrug:

Bye... bye... Revis.

Steelers sign Mike Mitchell.

Not flashy but a very good signing IMO.

:weird: We're talking about Blaine Gabbert, right? I've seen that guy single-handedly GIVE games away . . .

.....on a team with basically zero in the way of weapons or support, in a position he was rushed into well before he was ready, plus the injuries, etc etc. IMO Gabbert never really had a prayer, it would've took freaking Manning or some such to do well on that shambles of a team. I'm glad for him and think Harbaugh can coach him up to be a very good backup. Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

Not flashy but a very good signing IMO.

.....on a team with basically zero in the way of weapons or support, in a position he was rushed into well before he was ready, plus the injuries, etc etc. IMO Gabbert never really had a prayer, it would've took freaking Manning or some such to do well on that shambles of a team. I'm glad for him and think Harbaugh can coach him up to be a very good backup.

I don't know if you're a fan of horse racing or the term "jumps shadows", but Gabbert jumps shadows

Whatever - we'll see. It's not like the odds of getting a quality starter with a 6th rounder were exactly high. I'm not saying he's exactly faultless or there isn't a lot of work to do there, but he was well worth the "risk."

Rashad Jennings signs with the Giants.

And Darren McFadden re-signs with the Raiders. One year, $4 mil.

As someone who has Latavius Murray, both these signings made me happy. Jenning would have kept Murray on the bench longer. So, with him gone and McFadden on a one year contract, the door is wide open for Murray in Raiderville.