[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

How do you sign a 31 year old cornerback to a 6 year $57 million deal with $27 million guaranteed?

Because you are all-in to make another SB appearance and leave with a win this time...That and he won't see close to 6 years...probably 1 year, 2 max.

Revis to Denver would be nice. I am of the opinion that we need to fix the secondary with some proven vets who still have some gas in the tank. We should draft a WR to replace Decker.

Talib will do just fine as well. Now we need to resign Cromartie.

I really feel for Raider fans. All that cap room and they let their 2 best players leave for reasonable contracts. One has to wonder what the hell they are thinking in Oakland. I bet Raider fans wish they had Al back.

In all fairness, the Raiders(13.3% state income tax) would have had to offer Veldheer a bigger contract than Arizona (4.54%) to be breakeven due to state income taxes. Not saying they couldn't have done that but that just looking at Veldeer's contract number isn't an apples to apples comparison when you say what the Raiders could have signed him for.
  • Like 1

It was reported that after signing Talib that they pulled their offer to Cro.

Talib will stick around with Denver for about 4 years and he's better than Cro. Unfortunately he's better when healthy. Hope this doesn't back fire on Elway. They still need help at CB and especially MLB.

So the state income tax in California was higher. Veldheer wanted to stay, and they ended up paying more for Saffold after Veldheer left. My point is, with $60 mil in cap room, it's silly to let your best players leave over maybe a million dollars per year because you're trying to cut your negotiations just that close. They need talent on that team, they can't afford to let it just walk away. Then again, it's Da Raiders, so who really gives a crap, lol.

Like the Browns moves (Whitner/Dansby) so far, but not sure they were much of an upgrade they are over Ward/DQ, either talent wise or money wise. Also read they signed CIN WR Andrew Hawkins to an offer sheet that the Bengals can (but probably won't) match.

They could still use a G, maybe a tackle and RB. Also a center if they fail to retain Mack (transition tagged).

Like the Browns moves (Whitner/Dansby) so far, but not sure they were much of an upgrade they are over Ward/DQ, either talent wise or money wise. Also read they signed CIN WR Andrew Hawkins to an offer sheet that the Bengals can (but probably won't) match.

They could still use a G, maybe a tackle and RB. Also a center if they fail to retain Mack (transition tagged).

I'm sure you've seen but Tate has been rumored. Not much (if any) quality O linemen left out there now.

It was reported that after signing Talib that they pulled their offer to Cro.

I saw that after posting. I guess we can't spend but so much on the secondary, but damn, Talib and Cro together would have been awesome. I guess I'd rather have Ware than Cro anyhow (fingers crossed).

Interesting, now there are reports that the Bengals will match the offer sheet for Hawkins, so he probably will remain there.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/browns-still-have-need-for-slot-receiver-because-bengals-plan-to-match-offer-to-andrew-hawkins-1.472545?localLinksEnabled=false

I did see a rumor about Tate and the Browns, not sure how I feel about that.

As for linemen, I'd just prefer they match the offer to Mack and keep him. The wholes at guard will have to be filled through the draft.

1:25 p.m. -- The Cowboys signed defensive tackle Terrell McClain to a three-year deal according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.

Who? Was he in a Die Hard movie?

Edited by irish

Bum that the Texans didn't tender for 1.3 mil :lol:

Exactly. We should be the Dallas Cowbums.