[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

Demarcus Ware to the broncos

The Broncos should be awesome.

That's what we all thought about the Eagle's Dream Team. We'll see if they can all stay on the field

The main difference is Denver's offense actually had a record setting year this year and have now bolstered their defense. Much more proven than the eagles going into their supposed dream season.

Edited by irish

Josh McCown signs with the Bucs.

I wish him luck, but I think life outside Trestman's offense will be tough for him.

Darn, Cutler/McCown would have been a great fantasy qb combo.

Josh McCown signs with the Bucs.

I wish him luck, but I think life outside Trestman's offense will be tough for him.

Darn, Cutler/McCown would have been a great fantasy qb combo.

Yeah, no doubt but mccown wants a shot and if he wasn't going to get it in chi-town after the effort he put up last season, he never will.

That's what we all thought about the Eagle's Dream Team. We'll see if they can all stay on the field

..and play as expected. Exactly what I was thinking.

Excellent signing by DET with Tate. If they're smart they'll focus on D with that #1 pick.

The Broncos should be awesome.

Am I the only one that thinks 30 mil (20 mil guaranteed) is too much for Ware at this age with the injuries he has had?

I'm worried the Broncos are wasting money to pick up names. Names that other then Ward have been questionable if they could stay healthy and in Talibs case if he can stay out of trouble. One year of behaving doesn't mean he has changed. Just means he wanted the big contract real bad. Now that he has it...time to be himself again...

Love the Ward signing. Not thrilled with the other two.

The main difference is Denver's offense actually had a record setting year this year and have now bolstered their defense. Much more proven than the eagles going into their supposed dream season.

meh..I think he's on the downside, most everyone I've heard/read thinks he's on the downside..earlier in the thread you said he's on the downside. Yet he goes to Denver and everyone says what a great signing it is.

meh..I think he's on the downside, most everyone I've heard/read thinks he's on the downside..earlier in the thread you said he's on the downside. Yet he goes to Denver and everyone says what a great signing it is.

I hear ya and he certainly is on the downside, however, if he has 1 or 2 solid years left with the rest of that D around him, he'll be studly again for the same timeframe that manning will be.

Schefter reporting Revis to the PATS - 1 year/$12M

Yup, still highest paid corner. However, good move for the Bucs as they don't need him in that cover-2 system for 16 mil and besides, i like Verner better.

Am I the only one that thinks 30 mil (20 mil guaranteed) is too much for Ware at this age with the injuries he has had?

I'm worried the Broncos are wasting money to pick up names. Names that other then Ward have been questionable if they could stay healthy and in Talibs case if he can stay out of trouble. One year of behaving doesn't mean he has changed. Just means he wanted the big contract real bad. Now that he has it...time to be himself again...

Love the Ward signing. Not thrilled with the other two.

fwiw, I'm pretty sure that the first he ever missed a game in his NFL career was this past year. He may not be the Ware that can hit 20 sacks but Denver had a need and he fills it well.

lol

Actually that's probably just as well for dumbass Raiders, who never should have made that move anyway. Just nab the top OL they can in the draft and backfill with more reasonably priced guys that might stay on the field.

Schefter reporting Revis to the PATS - 1 year/$12M

:smashpc: fn Pats copying the Bronc's "better go for it now before our stud QB retires" strat

Edited by BeeR

Reports are that within the hour a 5 yr deal is expected to be finalized between the Rams and Saffold

How does another team sign a player after another team lost out on him due to a failed physical? Wouldn't he just fail the Rams' physical?

Well there's this:

After a disagreement in Oakland on Rodger Saffold's physical condition, he is returning to St. Louis to sign a five-year contract with the Rams, his agents Alan Herman and Jared Fox said Wednesday night.

So the Rams get back an offensive lineman and the Raiders are back to square one at left tackle.

Herman and Fox said there was a strong disagreement on Saffold's physical condition. The Raiders had concerns about his shoulder; the Rams had "no concerns whatsoever" about his shoulder.

Herman and Fox contacted their doctors, Dr. Frank Cordasco at the Hospital For Special Surgery in New York, who studied Saffold's MRIs. His review indicated nothing was wrong with Saffold's shoulder.

I have to wonder if OAK didn't just go "WTPH were we thinking??" and trumped up the shoulder thing to get out of it. lol @ their GM, he's sucking eggs so far.

How does another team sign a player after another team lost out on him due to a failed physical? Wouldn't he just fail the Rams' physical?

different teams have different physical standards, so a player can fail one team's physical while passing another team's physical or will overlook a problem..
  • Like 1