[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

fwiw, I'm pretty sure that the first he ever missed a game in his NFL career was this past year. He may not be the Ware that can hit 20 sacks but Denver had a need and he fills it well.

age, neck, back, hamstring, quad, shoulder. 11 game stretch last yr with zero sacks. I think they could have done better for 20 mil guaranteed. JMO. We'll see

age, neck, back, hamstring, quad, shoulder. 11 game stretch last yr with zero sacks. I think they could have done better for 20 mil guaranteed. JMO. We'll see

Last year most certainly rough, but it sounded like he was intimating that Ware has been injury prone.

Of all the places to sign, why the Jets? I'd have taken a little less money to sign with the Colts who have a franchise QB and who will be a playoff caliber team every year. Maybe he just really likes New York the city.

Edited by Tripleshot

Of all the places to sign, why the Jets? I'd have taken a little less money to sign with the Colts who have a franchise QB and who will be a playoff caliber team every year. Maybe he just really likes New York the city.

No kidding. I remember early on in my career that when comparing job offers, I would overvalue the one that paid a little more. He probably won't realize the mistake until he toils in misery for a few years.

Last year most certainly rough, but it sounded like he was intimating that Ware has been injury prone.

well to be fair...his problems started in '12. Hammy, elbow, torn labrum.

Listen I like Ware a lot, sad day to see one of your faves get cut. But if he stays healthy in Denver Id be very surprised at this point. And since he's in the AFC, I'll be rooting for him

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

snapback.pngTripleshot, on 12 March 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

I expect Decker to get overpaid, essentially getting near WR1 pay where I don't consider him a bonafied WR1. Depending where he lands, it's going to effect his fantasy production as well.

That sure sounds like a New York Jets type of signing to me! Think Santonio Holmes.

:woot:

Schefter just tweeted that the Saints traded Darren Sproles to Philadelphia for a 5th round draft pick!!! Wow!! Didn't see that one coming! :blink: - Great Value for a 5th!!!

But he will be really interesting in that offense..... Wonder how this will affect Shady McCoy's value :shrug:

Edited by Big Dogs

...or maybe the Colts never made an offer. Did they even have any serious talks? Or any talks at all?

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

snapback.pngTripleshot, on 12 March 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

I expect Decker to get overpaid, essentially getting near WR1 pay where I don't consider him a bonafied WR1. Depending where he lands, it's going to effect his fantasy production as well.

That sure sounds like a New York Jets type of signing to me! Think Santonio Holmes.

:woot:

Easy there. I know you guys love to h8 but that's not a prohibitive contract. Just over 7 mil a year isn't going to break a bank, and it's certainly not #1 money. It's a ton less than Wallace got, it's less than Victor Cruz, it's less than Greg Jennings, it's less than Antonio Brown, it's less than Stevie Johnson. It's only 1.5M more than Danny freaking terrible Amendola in a year the cap went up by about 10M per year. Only $15M guaranteed, so depending on how it's structured it could even be a deal that's not a cap-strapper if he busts.

I've read he wants to work on his non-football career as well. Acting, endorsements, whatever it was, and that NY would be one of the best places to do that.

Schefter just tweeted that the Saints traded Darren Sproles to Philadelphia for a 5th round draft pick!!! Wow!! Didn't see that one coming! :blink: - Great Value for a 5th!!!

But he will be really interesting in that offense..... Wonder how this will affect Shady McCoy's value :shrug:

A 5th sounds about right to me from the Saints perspective. Hard to believe that anybody would bid much higher than that given the Saints would have to release him if they could not trade him. One of the other partners mentioned was Washington, so I'm guessing they were offering their high 6th.

A 5th sounds about right to me from the Saints perspective. Hard to believe that anybody would bid much higher than that given the Saints would have to release him if they could not trade him. One of the other partners mentioned was Washington, so I'm guessing they were offering their high 6th.

I think it's a win-win deal.