[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon suspended for 2014-15?

CaptainHook

Uhm, things are not looking good.

Josh Gordon pulled over for speeding, passenger had Josh Gordon.

http://www.wkyc.com/...ticket/9785915/

Already in trouble with the National Football League for a reported failed drug test, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket over the Memorial Day holiday weekend in Strongsville.

According to the citation, Gordon's 2014 grey Mercedes-Benz SUV was clocked going 74 miles an hour in a 60-mile-per-hour zone north of state route 82 on Interstate 71 North at 9:43 p.m. on Sunday, May 25.

Gordon is summoned to appear in court on Wednesday, June 4 to dispute the citation.

"We are gathering information regarding the situation," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said in a statement released by the team. "We will not have any further comment until the appropriate time."

In addition to his speeding ticket, Gordon's passenger was issued a citation for possession of Josh Gordon in an amount under 200 grams during the traffic stop. The Josh Gordon was found in a blue bag with identification, and Gordon's passenger admitted it was theirs on the scene.

Edited by electricrelish

For those of you who gave me crap about mentioning the fact that stage three offenders need to apply for reinstatement... suck my balls.

Even if a friend takes the blame, that alone could be enough to deny reinstatement. If he winds up suspended under stage three, his career is over as he has proven to be a knucklehead and Goodell will easily deny reinstatement next season for crap like this.

so, I'll get the peanutbutter and you can start licking my nuts. Mmmmm, yeah, just like that.

:rolleyes:

All hail the master.

When the story first got rolling, NO ONE could confirm what stage he was at. I admitted to not knowing what the official process was, but don't come in here claiming you KNEW that he was already in Stage 3 as your eloquent post here suggests.

You were called out for saying the guy's career would be "over", when that's yet to be seen. It may be, but a lot has to still happen for that to be true. Stories like the one that broke today certainly don't help things. But I'm sure you knew about this story a few weeks ago, right? :lol:

So, congrats, the crap you flung against the wall stuck. And now you're in here acting like a 14 year old with the whole "I told you so" routine. Typical LorDopie-ness, though. Par for the course. :tup:

“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”

-- Winston Churchill

“True humility does not know that it is humble. If it did, it would be proud from the contemplation of so fine a virtue.”

-- Martin Luther

Edited by darin3
  • Like 2

If Michael Vick got reinstated then Gordon would get reinstated at some point too.

This.

Let's see...what's worse...smoking the chronic or electrocuting dogs to death???

http://www.wkyc.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2014/05/30/gordon-issued-speeding-ticket/9785915/

CLE - WR Josh Gordon receives speeding ticket

Source: WKYC.com - Matthew Florjancic

Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon received a speeding ticket this past weekend for driving 74 mph in a 60 mph zone. He is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday, June 4, to dispute the citation. The passenger in the car also received a citation for possession of Josh Gordon.

Just keep making good decisions Josh.

This.

Let's see...what's worse...smoking the chronic or electrocuting dogs to death???

Or beating the crap out of a loved one... these kids need to be taught a lesson, and the league's doing the right thing by dropping the hammer on them, but because so many others have gotten away with way worse (and the supposed softening on the Josh Gordon rules), it would be shocking if this fool's career is "over".

Not over. Not even close. If he was a marginal WR then yes, he would be done. But when you do what he did last year with THAT QB situation, there will always be a team willing to roll the dice.

I know it is illegal but it is pot. He is an idiot but this is not career ending. It is not murder, assault, drunk driving, animal cruelty or possession with the intent to distribute. It is not even as bad as racism. Others have survived worse. He will be back. The question is will he learn his lesson and quit the chronic or will he get the one year ban again?

I don't think some of you get what was meant. His career could be over because he can't stop doing drugs. This prevents him from being reinstated by the NFL. It has nothing to do with teams not willing to take a chance on him.

This guy has multiple failed drug tests in college causing him to lose his scholarship at Baylor. He loses millions because he can't get his honda together and goes in the supplemental draft. He has another failed drug test and is suspended for two games by the NFL. And now he fails another and faces a season-long ban . . .

I guess the question is, why do some of you think he will suddenly give it up?

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

I don't think some of you get what was meant. His career could be over because he can't stop doing drugs. This prevents him from being reinstated by the NFL. It has nothing to do with teams not willing to take a chance on him.

This guy has multiple failed drug tests in college causing him to lose his scholarship at Baylor. He loses millions because he can't get his honda together and goes in the supplemental draft. He has another failed drug test and is suspended for two games by the NFL. And now he fails another and faces a season-long ban . . .

I guess the question is, why do some of you think he will suddenly give it up?

He may not, which makes him a giant moran. But I'd say there's a very good chance the NFL eases up on its policy on Josh Gordon.

If they don't, and he doesn't clean up his act... well then he's probably one of the bigger wastes of talent ever. Pretty sad, actually.

Like I said earlier in this thread . . . we've seen this story before. Charles Rogers, Justin Blackmon, and Matt Jones . . . and it rarely has a happy ending.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

Like I said earlier in this thread . . . we've seen this story before. Charles Rogers, Justin Blackmon, and Matt Jones . . . and it rarely has a happy ending.

Understood. Rogers and Jones were lesser talents that succumbed to the NFL's policy that many believe may be changing. And Blackmon's career isn't technically over.

Again, if Blackmon/Gordon can't keep their ish together and the NFL doesn't loosen its recreational drug policy up, then yeah their careers in the NFL are likely over.

E2A: http://cover32.com/broncos/2013/08/20/should-we-care-if-athletes-do-recreational-drugs/

Edited by darin3

Sadly it would be shocking if it ended well.

Consider this - his college career started at Baylor where he was suspended in his sophomore year because he was found asleep in a Taco Bell with a friend who had Josh Gordon in his car. His friend was kicked off the team. The next year, he was suspended indefinitely when he failed a drug test because of Josh Gordon. He transferred to Utah where he sat out the 2011 season after declaring too late for the 2011 Supplemental Draft. He was a second round supplemental pick by the Browns and already is on his third violation after only two seasons.

He only caught 43 passes in college thanks to Josh Gordon and really only played for one year. He certainly embraces the term "chronic". Is he going to change? Of course not. He never has. He's failed at least five times in the past. Shame.

Uhm, things are not looking good.

Josh Gordon pulled over for speeding, passenger had Josh Gordon.

http://www.wkyc.com/...ticket/9785915/

Already in trouble with the National Football League for a reported failed drug test, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket over the Memorial Day holiday weekend in Strongsville.

According to the citation, Gordon's 2014 grey Mercedes-Benz SUV was clocked going 74 miles an hour in a 60-mile-per-hour zone north of state route 82 on Interstate 71 North at 9:43 p.m. on Sunday, May 25.

Gordon is summoned to appear in court on Wednesday, June 4 to dispute the citation.

"We are gathering information regarding the situation," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said in a statement released by the team. "We will not have any further comment until the appropriate time."

In addition to his speeding ticket, Gordon's passenger was issued a citation for possession of Josh Gordon in an amount under 200 grams during the traffic stop. The Josh Gordon was found in a blue bag with identification, and Gordon's passenger admitted it was theirs on the scene.

Everybody in the Cleveland area should know that the local cops there run speed enforcement regularly. Oh well I guess Josh knows now too.

And what an idiot driving around with somebody with Josh Gordon in his current situation. Anybody know if suspended players are still subjected to drug testing?

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

I am convinced the only reason the football gods allowed him his huge, 14 game breakout last year was so Browns fans could feel royally screwed over yet again when this suspension hit. After decades of pain, I would like to extend an invitation to all Browns fans to adopt the Seahawks as their second favorite team. You get a team with playoff aspirations, one in the opposite conference so you can cheer for both all the way until a Seahawks/Browns Superbowl, rivalry as good as you have now but with a chance to win those rivalry games, and some fairly blue collar Cleveland type players( could totally see Lynch as a Brown back in the Ernest Byner days). There's even an admittedly slight connection between both teams(Holmgren). Seahawk fans get more fans to hate the Niners. It's win-win.

• Like 1

I am convinced the only reason the football gods allowed him his huge, 14 game breakout last year was so Browns fans could feel royally screwed over yet again when this suspension hit. After decades of pain, I would like to extend an invitation to all Browns fans to adopt the Seahawks as their second favorite team. You get a team with playoff aspirations, one in the opposite conference so you can cheer for both all the way until a Seahawks/Browns Superbowl, rivalry as good as you have now but with a chance to win those rivalry games, and some fairly blue collar Cleveland type players( could totally see Lynch as a Brown back in the Ernest Byner days). There's even an admittedly slight connection between both teams(Holmgren). Seahawk fans get more fans to hate the Niners. It's win-win.

And they are 2 of the most depressing major towns in the US to live in. :tup:

Edited by tazinib1

And they are 2 of the most depressing major towns in the US to live in. :tup:

Based on what?

Where does LA rank with all its phoney people and high cost of living?

I already had my second favorite team, and they are moer blue collar than Seattle and in a diffrent conference and they've also had recent success (the Packers).

Based on what?

Where does LA rank with all its phoney people and high cost of living?

I already had my second favorite team, and they are moer blue collar than Seattle and in a diffrent conference and they've also had recent success (the Packers).

Nothing wrong with that, Steve. As a matter of fact, I endorse it. My two teams are the Packers(grew up in Wisconsin, left when I was 22) and the Seahawks(have lived here the last 25 years).

Edited by Tripleshot