[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Way To Do Waivers: End Of Line, or Last Place First?

Mustangt125

I agree that Blind bidding waivers is the best way to do it. I didn't realize so many people preferred this. If thats the case, do all of you prefer auction drafts over snake drafts?

I have never done auction draft but use blind bidding waivers on all my leagues (High stakes leagues mandate it) but the difference in the high stakes leagues there is no FCFS waivers at all so you get 2 shots, Wed night and Fri night so you better get them correct.

Edited by Henry Muto

So...upon digging deeper, ESPN has weird bidding rules. There is no option for FA acquisition. The only way to do it is to bid zero. This is fine for every day except sunday. As henry stated, waivers on weekdays is good so that everyone can react to news. But no FA on sunday leaves you exposed to the late gameday scratch.

I'm pretty sure that ESPN could truck up a wet dream.

I agree that Blind bidding waivers is the best way to do it. I didn't realize so many people preferred this. If thats the case, do all of you prefer auction drafts over snake drafts?

I think you'll see more of a divide in preference for Snake vs Auction, they are very different drafts IMO. Unlike the waivers question where you're hoping to find the fairest way (from a commish's stand point), the draft style is personal preference choice. Neither is wrong, but nor is either right for everyone.

So...upon digging deeper, ESPN has weird bidding rules. There is no option for FA acquisition. The only way to do it is to bid zero. This is fine for every day except sunday. As henry stated, waivers on weekdays is good so that everyone can react to news. But no FA on sunday leaves you exposed to the late gameday scratch.

I'm leaning toward using the blind bidding in my league.....

As I understood it, there's a period where you can bid on a player. After the deadline, those players are awarded to whoever won the auction for them, and every other player goes to first-come-first-serve FA pool.

Are you telling me this is not accurate? Cuz if so, we can't use this.

As I understood it, there's a period where you can bid on a player. After the deadline, those players are awarded to whoever won the auction for them, and every other player goes to first-come-first-serve FA pool.

Based on what they told my commish, there is no FCFS FA period when blind bid waivers are used.

yahoo

yahoo

Well we have like 7 yrs of league history on ESPN. Besides, I've played in some yahoo leagues and I really dislike the interface and navigation. ESPN navigation and layout is pretty slick, the lack of settings options is my only real beef.

MFL unless you are doing a total free league as in no one pays or wins anything. MFL if you signed up in June would cost you like $5 per team a very small price to pay for all the stuff you can do on it.

I agree about MFL. Just not gonna move a league that has been in one place with all the same owners for so long.

The one and only thing that I do like more about ESPN vs MFL is that ESPN lets you set up trophies for various achievements (and failures). Trophy stars are awarded (or deducted) and accounted for across the entire span of the league's existence. It's a way of keeping a score on who is consistently good (or bad).

My league wants to base playoff waiver priority by highest seed to reward regular season success, but I can't find it on ESPN. We do reverse order of standings, but you get moved to the end each time you get someone.

We do this. Commish has to manually set the waiver order each week in the playoffs.