[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This season is just a formality

Seahawks21

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from that the play was blown dead. So far you're the only guy with NFL credentials I've heard state that.

And then they went on to say they don't look who recovers the fumble in certain situations. :shrug:

They said it on the broadcast(about the play being blown dead). They also said the play wasn't reviewed which seems to not be the case.

They said it on the broadcast(about the play being blown dead). They also said the play wasn't reviewed which seems to not be the case.

Pretty sure the refs thought the RB was down but didn't have enough courage to make the wrong call. The RB clearly wasn't down.

The NFL has headquarters in NY and they then decide if it should be buzzed down to the field in the last two minutes of the game. The perceived error had nothing to do with the play being blown dead and everything to do with it being worthy of an official review.

I kind of doubt it gets reversed anyway. Because the refs on the field had a brain fart when they were worried about who came out the pile for 20 seconds; and all of the sudden they weren't.

Henceforth, we got the NFL's official statement and no one can really make sense of it. .

Edited by Bobby Brown

Just trying to go under the radar, right where we want to be. We're still far more talented than any other team in the league. Every couple of years, a freak special teams game will come up and bite you, just really bad timing for this one. We outgained the Rams by 200 yards. The piling up of injuries isn't helping, but we're going to rattle off a bunch in a row right quick.

ROFL ... the BEST 3-3 team in the league!

• Like 1

Didn't see the game or play in question but my guess was the broadcasters were referring to "no review" by the referee on the field. I don't know if they have any way of knowing what the review official back in NY at NFL HQ is doing. And my guess is that all close plays are "reviewed" by them, just as they are by the replay official at the game. But I think most still consider the actual "review" to be when the ref at the game goes to look at it.

I am not a Seahawks hater or anything but this post is awesome. Funny how Seahawks21 has completely disappeared from it though.

Other than saying they're still the best team in the league, and they're gonna win a bunch of games in a row. Can't fault him for being a die hard of his favorite team, but here's another couple of comments that need to be saved and bumped a few times before the season is over.. :)

right where we want to be.

^ Every team strives to be a mediocre .500 team by mid season.

We're still far more talented than any other team in the league.

^ Hmm.. Cowboys, Cardinals, Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Ravens, Eagles, Broncos, Loins, Packers - they all might want to have something to say about that..

we're going to rattle off a bunch in a row right quick.

I honestly only see 2 gimmes the ROS. The next 2 games - Panthers & Raiders. After that, it's all a crapshoot.

Giants - could go either way.

Chiefs - could go either way.

Cardinals, 9ers (in SFO), Eagles - I see all 3 of those as losses.

9ers (At home) could go either way.

Cardinals - loss.

Rams - you just lost to them yesterday - could go either way.

The way the Seattle's playing right now, I see a 4-6 record from here moving forward.

Edited by Shorttynaz

• 4 weeks later...

bump

I get it. You're going to bump this thread after every Seahawks loss. And please do so if it makes you feel bettter. I might even do it too if Russell Wilson already has as many Super Bowl wins as the starting QBs of my favorite team over the last 17 years. Can't you be happy you've had two number one overall picks at QB and just let the rest go?

I get it. You're going to bump this thread after every Seahawks loss. And please do so if it makes you feel bettter. I might even do it too if Russell Wilson already has as many Super Bowl wins as the starting QBs of my favorite team over the last 17 years. Can't you be happy you've had two number one overall picks at QB and just let the rest go?

I might agree except, you know, the title of the thread. Misery loves company, welcome back. :tup:

• Like 1

Save me a spot at the bar at the Misery Alehouse. I'll even buy the next round, rajn. What the hell has happened to the Saints? I would have put even money on Brees making a run at Peyton's passing records from last year(to be honest I expected it from him). Surely it's not all the loss of Sproles and Lance Moore. What's happening? I'm still waiting for Cooks to break out on two of my teams and it's frustrating.

Edited by Tripleshot

My Heehawks look like dog excrement. No way we repeat this year and we might not even make the playoffs. Parity rules in this darn sport, loosing a lot of our d-line is really showing this year...no pressure on QB and can't stop the run. Yuck yuck yuck.

I honestly see no reason to move away from what I said back in October, nothing has really changed and we have lost our best D-lineman for the year. PEE.....YOU.

Lighten up Francis. It's just fun to bump a thread when a member coronates someone the Super Bowl Champ after Week 1. Seahawks are good. They are a playoff team. They may even repeat. But calling the season a formality in today's NFL of parity after seeing one game is pretty dumb. Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

Lighten up Francis. It's just fun to bump a thread when a member coronates someone the Super Bowl Champ after Week 1. Seahawks are good. They are a playoff team. They may even repeat. But calling the season a formality in today's NFL of parity after seeing one game is pretty dumb.

Not so sure that is going to happen this year. Currently on the outside looking in. With the rest of the division starting to show up they are going to need to get things sorted out sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...

Well, he's right on now that the only team that had a chance to beat them is out. Rodgers has no chance against the Seattle pass rush. I will be surprised if he makes it through the game. He going to get hurt bad out there. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the back up is in after half time. The fact that our defense couldn't get to him is sad. Of course we all new this D was on borrowed time. Seahawks should win the SB again this year because I don't see anyone who can stop them now.

Sadly, I hate all the other teams in the thing so I find myself a Seahawks fan. Unreal.........I can't believe I just said that. :kicksrock:

I guess we are looking down the barrel of a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl. Wow, could Russell Wilson beat Manning and Brady in back-to-back Super Bowls?

I guess we are looking down the barrel of a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl. Wow, could Russell Wilson beat Manning and Brady in back-to-back Super Bowls?

No. Russell is just a caretaker. That defense could beat Manning and Brady in back-to-back Super Bowls though.

Barring major injury catastrophes, this season is over. If the Seahawks are a 10, the next closest team is a 6 or 7. You can start designing the rings now. The NFL is going to play a season, and we're all going to get excited about some games and all that, but for all intents and purposes, this one is over.

OK, I am fully on board now. For the second consecutive season, Seahawks21 nailed it! This guy knows his stuff. :bow: