[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball is not a bust and this is why.......

IrishPride

IND and KC 3.6 YPC

SEA 2.7 YPC

Arizona has given up 142 rushing yards to opposing running backs, so our expectations should be low similar to Seattle #'s unless he's more active in passing game.

2014 - 18 touches a game, out of 185 offensive plays about 10% on offense that's ranked 22nd overall.

Broncos Offense in 2014 season

Rushing -75yds game - 28th

Passing - 264yds game - 10th

Total yards - 339yds - 22nd

So the Denver offense in 2013 season

Rushing - 117yds game - 15th

Passing - 340yds game - 1st

Total yards - 457game - 1st

Don't count him out yet, the entire offense is struggling in 2014.

There really can be no question or argument anymore. Outside of Peterson, who was drafted top 3 in most leagues, Montee Ball will be the biggest bust of the fantasy season for some, who like me, agreed with the Huddle's pre-season ranking. He will not finish in the top 100 overall. Taken in the top 12 in some drafts, that is the pure definition of a BUST!

There really can be no question or argument anymore. Outside of Peterson, who was drafted top 3 in most leagues, Montee Ball will be the biggest bust of the fantasy season for some, who like me, agreed with the Huddle's pre-season ranking. He will not finish in the top 100 overall. Taken in the top 12 in some drafts, that is the pure definition of a BUST!

Totally agree. The one stat that kept getting me was starting RB's on Peyton Manning teams finished in the top 5 for RB's for 11 out of Peyton's 15 seasons or something like that. Montee is a bust, plain and simple.

Edited by LookingForALeague

I wasn't going to panic unless he completely crapped the bed tonight...which is exactly what he did. And now with Hillman looking good, Ball might find himself in a RBBC or a backup again.

...and add Juwan Thompson to the mix, and CJ Anderson (who was inactive today), and you have a full-blown RBBC.

...and add Juwan Thompson to the mix, and CJ Anderson (who was inactive today), and you have a full-blown RBBC.

\

If it wasn't projected to be a committee with Ball, why would it be with Hillman, who actually ran excellent today?

Before you go spending big in FA to get Hillman, realize that he only had one run in the first half for a one yard loss. If you watched the game, the Cardinals defense was very good plugging holes in the first half. The Cards defense eventually wore down. Even Ball's final carry went for five yards. He had a nine yard catch prior to that. It is not unusual that a good defense can hold down the runner they have prepared to face and when the replacement comes in he seeming runs better. Eight of Hillman's carries went for one yard or less. Hillman had no catches.

The bigger surprise to me is less that facing good defenses for the first four games has depressed his rushing, but that DEN is not throwing the ball to RBs as much as they did in 2013, especially since they have not been using a two-back backfield. Catches helps smooth out the effects of facing better defenses. Last year they went against the NFC East and the AFC south which gave them a much lighter schedule than this year when they go against the defenses in the NFC West and later the AFC East.

I expected more of Ball but facing the currently ranked teams vs RB of IND(18), KC(9), SEA(6) and ARI (4) have been tough and next week is NYJ (2) and then SF (3). That won't be good either no matter who starts.

I have by no means given up on him but he is one of the players who has not my expectations same as every year is going to hold and in particular this year with so many disappointments in top RBs. After week 7 vs SF, DEN won't face another top ten defense against RB. At least that will be a much more favorable situation.

Who knows, it could just be Hillman as the bellcow with the way he performed today. But one thing is for sure, the Denver RB situation is going to get pretty murky.

My take is it has been a debacle so far...over-reliance on the pass in games they could run and then inability to run in other games.

If Hillman can give a shot to the Running attack, they will roll with him I bet. And there is NO fear in the Jets or 49ers...the Chargers had a RB go for 100+ today against the Jets, though they are usually pretty good v. the run.