[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball is not a bust and this is why.......

IrishPride

I just dont think C.J. is in practice right now taking starting snaps and running circles around Monte Ball the way people think.

Talking about reading comprehension again would be beating a dead horse, but where the hell is anyone saying this?

Which proved the fact that hillman is small and injury prone..

You can't really knock Hillman for getting hurt when your buddy Montee got injured as well, and was considerably less effective than Hillman before said injury.

• Like 1

Isn't that the question right now. I don't really care who has looked better most of the season, all I care about is who is going to be the starter for Denver moving forward. I'm not convinced it's Ball right now. It certainly could be CJ but I don't know and haven't seen anything that says Ball is the guy moving forward. It's completely reasonable that CJ and Ball split carries evenly. He's been active the whole season with a few touches, but the times he's touched the ball he has done very well. We will see how that split works this week.

The offensive line has not been that great all season. If they were so good then why are the bringing in Incognito? The Oline has a ton of work to do and they better get it straight this week because Miami will kill Manning if they don't.

So Ball is better than Anderson & Hillman because the offensive line is getting better and because Ball lost some weight? And Anderson is not as good as he seemed in the Oakland game because he was wide open on screens? Again, it all makes perfect sense.

I wonder if any of our Bronco homers have seen any good info on how much better Ball is in practice. I tried looking through all the Bronco's forums and all the news sites and not a one has mentioned who is playing better or even who will get more playing time. You'd think DMD with all of his resources would be able to back this up.

I wonder if any of our Bronco homers have seen any good info on how much better Ball is in practice. I tried looking through all the Bronco's forums and all the news sites and not a one has mentioned who is playing better or even who will get more playing time. You'd think DMD with all of his resources would be able to back this up.

Actually some of the practices are closed to the public. Sooooo

CJ is the DEN RB to start in week 11 IMO. The backfield is week to week at this point.

The time line thus far is:

Weeks 1 thru 4 Ball is the workhorse but sucks.

Weeks 5 thru 8 Hillman is the workhorse and looks great.

Week 9 the entire offense looks terrible and Hillman gets hurt.

Week 10 Hillman gets more hurt, CJ comes in and looks great.

So based strictly on what we have seen to date, Hillman and CJ look good when given workload and Ball does not. The additional information that we have is that Hillman is out a couple weeks and Ball is not quite 100%.

So, based on what we know, odds are that CJ is the guy for now. When we get new information that could change.

Fantasy football success is about getting the odds in your favor, not making decisions based on wild ass speculation.

• Like 1

Hillman is a change-of-pace RB… that’s what Hillman is. Hillman can’t take the weekly beating a big back can take, which is why he’s prone to injury if overused. Those who want to blame the injury for the downturn of Hillmans FF worth are not seeing the whole picture IMO.

The Broncos have an awesome passing game, but if that’s all they have, they become predictable. I realize it was just the hapless Raiders, but the running game with CJ was respectable. In a nutshell, the Broncos were coming off an ass-kicking loss to the Patriots. Something has to change to prevent these types of losses, which is the threat of the running game. It’s why everyone was saying Hillman would go back to the COP role once Ball came back.

So CJ finally gets a shot and impresses. This isn’t a surprise, at least not to me. I drafted him and have held on. Now that Ball comes back soon, it’s all up in the air. It’s either Ball or CJ, and the Dolphins are a good team, so the end result will be telling. Any way you slice it, the next three weeks will define who it is.

For those that held onto Hillman and didn’t really need him, you missed your chance to deal him. It’s surprising to me how over 50% of all teams never make a trade… it’s part of the game.

Edited by Thews40

Sorry guys, I don't think you turn your back on Ball right now....he could take back this backfield, I am sure that he is aware of the situation and expect to see more urgency in his game coming back....just a gut feeling, then again you could see a 3 headed monster rest of the year and not get ANY value from any of them......who knows at this point!

Sorry guys, I don't think you turn your back on Ball right now....he could take back this backfield, I am sure that he is aware of the situation and expect to see more urgency in his game coming back....just a gut feeling, then again you could see a 3 headed monster rest of the year and not get ANY value from any of them......who knows at this point!

I don't think anybody is turning their back on him, in fact just the opposite. I picked him up last week for just the same reasons you're describing. Honestly, I think any one of the three should do very well in that offense when/if given the chance, but that's just the thing. This is John "I'm not playing Deangelo Williams in his prime because I just drafted Jonathan I can't stay healthy Stewart" Fox who is really making the decisions and he's likely going to play all three depending on their health. Unless they get hurt or start making costly mistakes, this is most likely going to be a full-blown committee.

That said, no way am I letting go of Ball until I've seen how he's being used after a few weeks.

• Like 1

That said, no way am I letting go of Ball until I've seen how he's being used after a few weeks.

I agree. He's not on my roster, and he's actually on the WW right now in my league too. I am always leery, especially after being reminded by Oliver earlier this year, about mid-season wonders who come in, tear it up, and then... usually seems to me these guys fade once they start getting game action more consistently. Will that be the case with CJ? Who knows, but if I'm betting, I'd say he gets a start or two and Ball eventually takes over again.

FWIW, my :2cents:

I just picked up C.J. Anderson in my high stakes league, I have Ball in my starting lineup right now with Arian Foster..

C.J. to me runs with power, dont get me wrong the guy looks much better than Hillman IMO.

I'm just not convinced Ball is ready to throw in the towel and give up what is his. He's gonna get a fair shot and enough carries to atleast prove if hes gonna be the starter again.. the Broncos are in 1st place and are clicking on most cylinders. I don't see much of a reason to keep the "hot hand" especially if they are clicking this way. It's a perfect opportunity to see after he lost the weight if he is motivated to prove that the job is his.

Talent wise anyone on the Broncos knows ball is the guy. It's just a matter of him executing thats all.

We will see but I'm probably just starting Ball here in week 11, just because I believe he will get his chance.. especially in the goal line. I just can't see the Broncos getting inside the 10 yard line and handing the ball to C.J. Anderson with Montee Ball back from injury.. I dont see how anyone can.

I just picked up C.J. Anderson in my high stakes league, I have Ball in my starting lineup right now with Arian Foster..

C.J. to me runs with power, dont get me wrong the guy looks much better than Hillman IMO.

I'm just not convinced Ball is ready to throw in the towel and give up what is his. He's gonna get a fair shot and enough carries to atleast prove if hes gonna be the starter again.. the Broncos are in 1st place and are clicking on most cylinders. I don't see much of a reason to keep the "hot hand" especially if they are clicking this way. It's a perfect opportunity to see after he lost the weight if he is motivated to prove that the job is his.

Talent wise anyone on the Broncos knows ball is the guy. It's just a matter of him executing thats all.

We will see but I'm probably just starting Ball here in week 11, just because I believe he will get his chance.. especially in the goal line. I just can't see the Broncos getting inside the 10 yard line and handing the ball to C.J. Anderson with Montee Ball back from injury.. I dont see how anyone can.

There ya go, now a little bit of reality. :tup:

No pun intended, that's a ballsy play this week. I'd still roll with CJ at least one more week. How about an avy bet on who scores the most points this week, CJ or Ball? We could use your leagues scoring as long as you post what it is ahead of time.

You are starting Montee Ball this week?

InTomWeTrust has zero credibility. The fact that he thinks Ball is far and away the most talented player in the Broncos backfield shows he knows nothing about talent evaluation. His inability to evaluate these players from a level playing field is an indication that his fantasy "advice" is piss poor and should be avoided at all costs.

Right just like my piss poor advice of trading for him a week and a half ago was absurd when i gave up Jerrick McKinnon for him striaght up..

would you like a wager who gets more points ball or mckinnon

thats what i thought.

Well McKinnon has scored 6.8pts in my league in the last week and a half so he's ahead of Ball already.