[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Montee Ball is not a bust and this is why.......

IrishPride

FWIW, I'm not saying Hillman sucks, but rather he's a situational back. The Broncos are a pass-first team, so the holes Hillman gets are due to the respect the passing game opens. When it's short yardage and the D figures it's a running down, Hillman gets stuffed. Whoever the big back winds up as the frontrunner will pan out in the next few weeks, but, again IMO, Hillman will go back to the change of pace RB.

The big question mark is Ball when he's healthy... may be too little too late for those that have been hanging onto him. What we need is a Bronco game where they're either behind or the score is close to find out. Prolly won't happen too often, but when they're forced to run at the goal line, the big RB should get the shot.

The thing is, Ball got stuffed on passing downs just the same as short yardage situations. At least Hillman can capitalize on soft fronts. Hillman also offers the homerun threat. Ball can't outrun linebackers, much less safeties and corners. There is next to no chance of Ball ever scoring from outside the 20.

The thing is, Ball got stuffed on passing downs just the same as short yardage situations. At least Hillman can capitalize on soft fronts. Hillman also offers the homerun threat. Ball can't outrun linebackers, much less safeties and corners. There is next to no chance of Ball ever scoring from outside the 20.

I wonder if this is really true. .. if he never fully recovered from his appendectomy then I don't know if we ever really got to see the real Montee..

I've watched every Broncos game because I have a lot of their guys on my Fantasy teams and they are just flat out fun to watch. Hillman looks way better than Ball ever has and it's not even close. If they go back to Ball it would surprising. My opinion is not biased either, I don't use Hillman on any of my teams

Edited by Finn5033

I have both Ball and Hillman. Drafted Ball as my RB1, and like many others that bought into the hype, my team is in a big hole that I am grinding hard to get out of. I thoroughly had my Ball busted on draft night. For context my first 4 picks for that team were Ball/Martin/KAllen/CPatt...what was I thinking?!

My poor record afforded me a favorable waiver rank to to pick up Hillman that same week as the Oliver ww frenzy. Last night's game provided me some vindication for taking Hillman over Oliver.

I am thrilled with what I getting out of Hillman. It's what I expected when I drafted Ball. Notwithstanding, I wish Ball would marry a Kardashian, get suspended for providing Bruce Jenner with MDMA and HGH, and disappear into the night.

Ball's return will no doubt decrease Hillman production. Unfortunately, Ball WILL resume some type of role. As mentioned in this or some other thread, John Fox thrived with JStew and DWill, so there is precedent for him using a classic RBBC. Also, add Juwan Thompson's TD vulturing and the future looks great for the Denver offense but hazy for FF.

Edited by wpayers

agree

We'll see how it pans out. To say Romo looks good this year is true. He has an awesome RB and WR threat with a front line that gives him time. Is Romo better than other QB's... maybe, but the point is there's a reason he's doing well. When the Jets dared the Broncos to run on them, it was due to a lack of respect for the running game. You can continue to high-five each other and hype Hillman, and you may be right. If you are right and Hillman is the guy for the rest of the year, I guess you win. The only scary teams left on the Broncos schedule are the Patriots next week and the Bengals, so it should be a cakewalk to the playoffs. For the last time I'm not stating that Hillman sucks and if I owned him I would start him, but I'd also trade him if I could shore up another weakness.

We'll see how it pans out. To say Romo looks good this year is true. He has an awesome RB and WR threat with a front line that gives him time. Is Romo better than other QB's... maybe, but the point is there's a reason he's doing well. When the Jets dared the Broncos to run on them, it was due to a lack of respect for the running game. You can continue to high-five each other and hype Hillman, and you may be right. If you are right and Hillman is the guy for the rest of the year, I guess you win. The only scary teams left on the Broncos schedule are the Patriots next week and the Bengals, so it should be a cakewalk to the playoffs. For the last time I'm not stating that Hillman sucks and if I owned him I would start him, but I'd also trade him if I could shore up another weakness.

Not sure what Romo has to do with any of this. Im not hyping Weeden..

And I don't want to "win", I just think that Hillman has given DEN a running game that we haven't seen this year. Barring injury, IMO, he will get the lions share of the work the rest of the year.

And again, I don't own Hillman anywhere. As a matter of fact, the only DEN rb I own is Ball. I just think that to continue to say CJ, or Juwan or Ball is going to take the majority of touches from Hillman the way he's played is silly right now

• Like 1

We'll see what's "silly" as it all plays out. You made your prediction... Hillman is Denver RB to own for the rest of the way. IMO, Denver needs a staunch RB to win the SB. The passing game is most elite, maybe the most elite ever, but you need a RB who garnishes respect to remain unpredictable.

We'll see what's "silly" as it all plays out. You made your prediction... Hillman is Denver RB to own for the rest of the way. IMO, Denver needs a staunch RB to win the SB. The passing game is most elite, maybe the most elite ever, but you need a RB who garnishes respect to remain unpredictable.

How has he not garnished respect the way he's played the last 3 weeks? You points are moot by virtue of simple numbers. Hillman is putting up numbers, plain and simple. You say he is getting stuffed in short yardage? I've watched every game the broncos have played because they are so damn exciting. Hillman has broken several tackles. Adrian Peterson gets stuffed on short yardage once in a while, It's irrelevant.

• Like 1

Hillman has IMO been pretty damn staunch :shrug:
  • Like 1

Hillman has IM been pretty damn staunch :shrug:

I heard you the first four times... we'll see if you were right. For the record, I disagree.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/9252/jets-force-broncos-to-muscle-up-for-win

"The way the Jets played us, my guess it they didn’t think much of the running game coming into the game," said Manning, who threw for three touchdowns and is now two passing touchdowns from tying the career record of 508. “Take your two linebackers and walk them both out on your two receivers [and] they’re basically kind of laughing at your run game. And based on what we’ve been doing, it’s probably a valid philosophy. So, it’s tough to throw the ball when they’ve got eight guys in coverage every single play.’’

You guys live in the present. Ok, ride your hot hand. If I'm right, it will not last. If you're right, you have the Denver RB the rest of the way. I still think Hillman is a perfect sell high candidate. Your counter arguments explaining why you think Hillman is the guy are lame.