[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates or Cook

bsmurray06

I know this probably is crazy, but Jared Cook has at leas 4 receptions in each game this season. Since my league is 2 pts per reception, would I be out of my mind to play Cook over Gates this week and maybe going forward if the consistent targets continue?

Gates, when healthy and with the offense running at full steam (which it is), is the very definition of consistency.

Meanwhile, Jared Cook is fantasy poison.

To me, the choice is clear.

Edited by MrMoFo

Last 2 weeks have been anything but consistent. Even in a 2 point ppr Gates has generated 11 points total. He gets this week to show me different, but if Cook scores more fantasy points based on my league he is my new starter. When 6 catches equals 12 points I could care less if he gets a 5 yard TD and then disappears for the rest of the game. I need multiple targets consistently.

Last 2 weeks have been anything but consistent. Even in a 2 point ppr Gates has generated 11 points total. He gets this week to show me different, but if Cook scores more fantasy points based on my league he is my new starter. When 6 catches equals 12 points I could care less if he gets a 5 yard TD and then disappears for the rest of the game. I need multiple targets consistently.

Well, then you've answered your own question, then.

I always go with my gut when the facts tell a variety of stories, and the answer could go either way.

And your gut is clearly telling you that Gates is not going to give you what you need today. Far be it from us to tell you otherwise, especially given Gates's lack of targets over the past two games.

That said, my advice is Gates over Cook. But no advice is foolproof, obviously....

• Like 1