[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early London game next week

stevegrab

Only advantage for us over here is there's less time to spend at the awful corporate tailgate outside Wembley.

Really? I thought a major part of having an earlier start time was to benefit the fans that travel to Wembley by public transportation, which doesn't run late on Sundays. I thought the NFL was doing this as an experiment to see if it was better for the game in London, and how the broadcast would go over here. Lord kows they've wanted to cram one of these London games down the fans throats, so I guess having it as a national broadcast was the way to do it (couldn't do primetime, that would put kickoff around midnight).

I hope they don't do these regularly, it is tough on fantasy players plus the early game blows (really bad for those on Pacific time, NFL game at 6:30AM).

I'm trying to figure out how early I"m going to start drinking, 9:30AM to 11:30PM could be a brutal Sunday. Haven't tailgated in a number of year, we regularly drank by 9-10AM then, but I was usually toast after the game.

May need to do a big breakfast, then some coffee with whiskey.

I think that all depends on your breakfast line up. Because it is such an early game I think I would bench eggs and start pancakes or french toast as either one should be able to soak up the whiskey giving you a comfortable lead buzz going into the later games and allow for extra pints should they become necessary. Also it would lessen the chances of a blowout during the late game. If this was an NFC South breakfast considering the circumstances I would I would probably start grits and biscuits and gravy. Good luck this week.

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of East Coast teams involved it seems. Reports say the home teams for three games will be Jags, Vikings and Dolphins.

Jags agreed to something like a 5 year deal 1-2 years ago, so they'll be one of the home teams for a few more years.

Vikings kind of make sense, especially now while they're in their temporary home. I believe the Dolphins were in London at least once before, possible as a home team. Maybe they like the deal and hope to have a game there in September and avoid the heat of Florida.

I too am interested to see if they do another early kickoff. I think the ratings were good, and if the London crowd liked it they'll do it again (almost certainly both teams are eastern/central time zone). Like michaelredd9 says its an extra game. I'm usually up by then anyway watching pre-game. So I just watch a little less pregame and start with that around 10:30-11 (watch most NFL games on DVR) after a hearty breakfast to soak up the beer.

Sun Oct 4th New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins

Sun Oct 25 Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Sun Nov 1 Detroit Lions @ Kansas City Chiefs

No mention of KO times but giving up a divisional home game is the height of stupidity so not surprised Stephen Ross has done it.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie
  • Like 1

Sun Oct 4th New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins

Sun Oct 25 Buffalo Bills @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Sun Nov 1 Detroit Lions @ Kansas City Chiefs

No mention of KO times but giving up a divisional home game is the height of stupidity so not surprised Stephen Ross has done it.

Don't know...Don't get me wrong, I think Ross is a trucking tool; but having been to a Jets/Dolphins game in Miami I could see how tempting it would be to have a break from dealing with that game. Especially if the $ collected is similar. The fans on both sides act like clowns and there were just constant fights and problems through out the stadium. I swear we were sitting by the only normal Jets fans in the whole place, cause everywhere else was chaos. Funny thing is this was when both teams were sucking, I can only image how bad it would be if both teams were actually decent.