[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

9 minutes ago, Sol-King said:

In an 8 man 3 WR league

i would have to drop one of

Saquon, mgordon, ingram, lindsay, gurley,

juju, cooks, dk, sanders, cooper, gallup, john brown,

SF D, butker, or lamar

for Pitt D

who do i drop or do nothing?

alot of people are telling me to drop brandin cooks. what do you think? I am having trouble with this

I honestly think Cooks is done and wouldn't start for you anyhow with they options you have. So agreed, tough drop because of name recognition. 

20 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Thanks Irish!  As always, I really appreciate your help!  I promise no more kicker questions. 

LoL!  All good, just the first thing that came to my mind. Practice?  We're taking bout practice!

Playoffs?!  

KICKERS?

How old are you slim?  You been playing fantasy for long?

Edited by irish

9 minutes ago, irish said:

LoL!  All good, just the first thing that came to my mind. Practice?  We're taking bout practice!

Playoffs?!  

KICKERS?

How old are you slim?  You been playing fantasy for long?

Ha! Yes, PRACTICE?  PLAYOFFS?

I'm old man!  Half a century!  I started playing DFS 4 years ago, but I've only been playing season long for a few years now.  I was invited to join a 12 team league last year with guys that have had that league for 10 years, and I made it to the super bowl and lost in my first season.  I'm super competitive, always reading stuff online every day about waiver moves, trades, playoff stashes, etc.  I'm way too into it really.  Hence my daily questions to you.  I stumbled onto you and this forum this season, and it has been a blessing.  It has been so great to be able to bounce my trade ideas and start sit questions off of someone (you).  After making it into the Super Bowl of my league last year, and losing, I really want to win it this year.  With your help, I have made 5 different trades, and now have a team that's 7-3, and everyone else in the league is complaining about being too good.  I'm really focused on weeks 14-16 now because the top 8 in my league make the playoffs, and it looks like I'm definitely in. That's why my kicker for playoff weeks question.  Any edge I can get!

21 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Ha! Yes, PRACTICE?  PLAYOFFS?

I'm old man!  Half a century!  I started playing DFS 4 years ago, but I've only been playing season long for a few years now.  I was invited to join a 12 team league last year with guys that have had that league for 10 years, and I made it to the super bowl and lost in my first season.  I'm super competitive, always reading stuff online every day about waiver moves, trades, playoff stashes, etc.  I'm way too into it really.  Hence my daily questions to you.  I stumbled onto you and this forum this season, and it has been a blessing.  It has been so great to be able to bounce my trade ideas and start sit questions off of someone (you).  After making it into the Super Bowl of my league last year, and losing, I really want to win it this year.  With your help, I have made 5 different trades, and now have a team that's 7-3, and everyone else in the league is complaining about being too good.  I'm really focused on weeks 14-16 now because the top 8 in my league make the playoffs, and it looks like I'm definitely in. That's why my kicker for playoff weeks question.  Any edge I can get!

Gotcha, that's awesome to hear and glad that you're experiencing a lot of success. I've been playing fantasy football since 1989 and just love the game of football. I wish you continued success. 

18 minutes ago, irish said:

Gotcha, that's awesome to hear and glad that you're experiencing a lot of success. I've been playing fantasy football since 1989 and just love the game of football. I wish you continued success. 

Thanks Irish!  I really appreciate your help! More fantasy football questions for you soon!

BTW, I'm from Texas, and also a huge Cowboys fan!

21 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Thanks Irish!  I really appreciate your help! More fantasy football questions for you soon!

BTW, I'm from Texas, and also a huge Cowboys fan!

That's funny!  I'm from New Jersey. 

33 minutes ago, TRU SOLDJA 22 said:

Irish! My dude

Rest of season rankings:

Demaryius Thomas,  Funchess, Algholor or James Washington?

Houston or Detroit Defense?

What's up SOLDJA!!  How's it going?

WRs - Thomas, Washington, Agholor and then... Funchess

Defenses - Houston 

Sorry irish, as it's a long one, but felt it needed to be, for what I'm asking:

This is a crazy league, but big money involved. Anyway, it's a 2 QB League and we field: QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D

Standard League. All TDs = 6. No Bonuses, but INT = -3

Craziest thing in this 15 year league is that our complete rosters MUST contain: QB x 4, RB x 4, WR x 4, TE, K, & Def all x 2.

No more, No less. Failure to maintain the proper roster when games start is an automatic Loss and ZERO points, no matter what team does. 10 team league and my record is 8-2. Currently 3rd place in the playoff ranking (Only 4 teams make playoffs)

My Dilemma is that I have 2 coveted TE's (Kelce & Henry), who both have a week 12 bye. Finding a difficult time finding a trading partner (They're hoping I drop one into waivers, and pick up a scrub) for Week 12. Here are my questions:

1) Which would you prefer to have RoS?

2) WR is my primary need, so what might I possibly expect to get for either...even if packaged with another player(WR)

3) Playing #1 team in Week 12, and my division leader, and I've considered not dropping either and taking a zero at TE, as well as dropping one to get the 1-3 points most TE's are getting in this league. 

I guess I just am not sure what to do, with which one, if I can't make a trade happen this week. Any ideas?

Roster:

QB: Ryan, Rivers, Garopollo, Tannehill 

RB: C. Carson, Jacobs, Fournette, Mixon

WR: Hopkins, J. Brown, G. Tate, Tyrell W.

TE: Kelce, H. Henry

K: Lutz, Slye

Def: NE, BAL

4 hours ago, Chaim Witz said:

Sorry irish, as it's a long one, but felt it needed to be, for what I'm asking:

This is a crazy league, but big money involved. Anyway, it's a 2 QB League and we field: QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D

Standard League. All TDs = 6. No Bonuses, but INT = -3

Craziest thing in this 15 year league is that our complete rosters MUST contain: QB x 4, RB x 4, WR x 4, TE, K, & Def all x 2.

No more, No less. Failure to maintain the proper roster when games start is an automatic Loss and ZERO points, no matter what team does. 10 team league and my record is 8-2. Currently 3rd place in the playoff ranking (Only 4 teams make playoffs)

My Dilemma is that I have 2 coveted TE's (Kelce & Henry), who both have a week 12 bye. Finding a difficult time finding a trading partner (They're hoping I drop one into waivers, and pick up a scrub) for Week 12. Here are my questions:

1) Which would you prefer to have RoS?

2) WR is my primary need, so what might I possibly expect to get for either...even if packaged with another player(WR)

3) Playing #1 team in Week 12, and my division leader, and I've considered not dropping either and taking a zero at TE, as well as dropping one to get the 1-3 points most TE's are getting in this league. 

I guess I just am not sure what to do, with which one, if I can't make a trade happen this week. Any ideas?

Roster:

QB: Ryan, Rivers, Garopollo, Tannehill 

RB: C. Carson, Jacobs, Fournette, Mixon

WR: Hopkins, J. Brown, G. Tate, Tyrell W.

K: Lutz, Slye

Def: NE, BAL

So first thing's first, you quite possibly have the top 2 TEs in fantasy football which really makes this difficult.  Kelce is the one you don't want to lose most imo. With that style league, which is brutal, trading Henry loses him but will obviously net something in return. I'd look to trade with a team that has an average backup TE but solid depth at WR, this way you upgrade at WR and still fill the TE hole for this week. Target the teams who have Everett, doyle, Ebron, Fant, goedert, gisecki and see what kinds of WRs they have. If you can't get a trade partner, i would seriously consider playing without a TE this week, because 1- you only strengthen an opponent by dropping one of yours and 2- the replacement you get off the WW will probably only total minimal points and overall won't be worth losing either TE.

22 hours ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Would you add anyone from the list below for some WR depth ROS. My current wideouts are davante adams, amari cooper, ty hilton, calvin ridley

Mohamed Sanu, Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Will Fuller, Dede Westbrook, Sammy Watkins, Darius Slayton

22 hours ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Curious also, I have Gonzales and Fairbairn and Gay are both available on waivers

2 hours ago, xKMAN83x said:

Would you add anyone from the list below for some WR depth ROS. My current wideouts are davante adams, amari cooper, ty hilton, calvin ridley

Mohamed Sanu, Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Will Fuller, Dede Westbrook, Sammy Watkins, Darius Slayton

Curious also, I have Gonzales and Fairbairn and Gay are both available on waivers

I like your WRs better but if you have anything else you could drop Slayton makes a good add. 

I'd add Gay over Gonzales or Fairbairn. 

13 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Hey Irish!

Please rank these 3 for this week. 

Mixon

Gallup

McLaurin

Half ppr 

Thanks!

Slim

Top o' the Morning!

Mixon 

Gallup

Mclaurin

GL 

54 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Also, I have Pascal on my bench, but Deebo Samuel and Demaryius Thomas are both available.  Would you rather have one of those?

Thanks!

Slim

I like Pascal better than both but not more then the ones i listed above. 

3 hours ago, irish said:

So first thing's first, you quite possibly have the top 2 TEs in fantasy football which really makes this difficult.  Kelce is the one you don't want to lose most imo. With that style league, which is brutal, trading Henry loses him but will obviously net something in return. I'd look to trade with a team that has an average backup TE but solid depth at WR, this way you upgrade at WR and still fill the TE hole for this week. Target the teams who have Everett, doyle, Ebron, Fant, goedert, gisecki and see what kinds of WRs they have. If you can't get a trade partner, i would seriously consider playing without a TE this week, because 1- you only strengthen an opponent by dropping one of yours and 2- the replacement you get off the WW will probably only total minimal points and overall won't be worth losing either TE.

Just a real quick follow-up:

Would you entertain the idea of trading Kelce & J. Brown for D. Adams & Hockinson?  I don't care about Hockinson, but would the upgrade at WR with D. Adams be worth losing Kelce, and going forward with Henry at TE?

Would basically go from:

WR: D. Hopkins, J. Brown, G. Tate, Sanu

to

WR: D. Hopkins, D. Adams, G. Tate, Sanu

TE: Henry, Hockinson (or whoever I can pick up)

22 minutes ago, Chaim Witz said:

Just a real quick follow-up:

Would you entertain the idea of trading Kelce & J. Brown for D. Adams & Hockinson?  I don't care about Hockinson, but would the upgrade at WR with D. Adams be worth losing Kelce, and going forward with Henry at TE?

Would basically go from:

WR: D. Hopkins, J. Brown, G. Tate, Sanu

to

WR: D. Hopkins, D. Adams, G. Tate, Sanu

TE: Henry, Hockinson (or whoever I can pick up)

That is a fair trade, the other owner is getting the slight advantage but it's a better option then dropping Henry altogether or taking a 0 at the TE position this week. And Hockenson should be a top 15 play at TE this week. 

Okay Irish-

Fantasy playoff defense question.  Right now I have the Steelers and the Jets.  My current plan is to play the Jets in week 14 at home against the Dolphins, and the Steelers week 15 at home against the Bills, and also week 16 at the Jets.  Someone in my league just dropped the Ravens defense, and their schedule is @BUF, NYJ, and @CLE for weeks 14-16.  Should I pick up the Ravens and make them part of my playoff plan, or stick with the Jets and Steelers?

Thanks!

Slim

Irish!

There’s a guy in our league who hasn’t adjusted his team since week 2. Has 3 guys starting and the rest on his bench. His record is 1-9 and everyone is sending him trade requests. The LM has blocked a couple because they were too lopsided but there are some that are fair. 

I have a suspicion that he joined the league to help his friends win. He always accepts their requests but declines everyone else’s.

What would you do in this situation? Should we force him to drop all his players? Should the LM keep vetoing his trades?

standard 10-team league. Attached one of the recent trades 

thanks my man

B1CF8692-334A-434A-9CDE-C3DC85B55534.jpeg

5BD2D0CA-BCCF-487D-AA3E-F0B9323D6A55.jpeg

071211F5-B100-4E7C-80E0-A16BA9958F74.jpeg

Edited by Phillyphilly

36 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Okay Irish-

Fantasy playoff defense question.  Right now I have the Steelers and the Jets.  My current plan is to play the Jets in week 14 at home against the Dolphins, and the Steelers week 15 at home against the Bills, and also week 16 at the Jets.  Someone in my league just dropped the Ravens defense, and their schedule is @BUF, NYJ, and @CLE for weeks 14-16.  Should I pick up the Ravens and make them part of my playoff plan, or stick with the Jets and Steelers?

Thanks!

Slim

Stick with your original plan.