[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man! The Huddle has a rock'n team so far. I'm very excited about this,...then again, I'm excited every year about their team and look what has happeded. :D

This is from "another board" that I look at once in awhile.  I know, it's like committing adultry!  :D  Stop it!  You all do it too.  Anyways, here is another link to more views on the SOFA draft.  http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...opic=34948&st=0

It seems to me that Tiki has to be the hands-down choice here.  I whole-heartedly agree with Tiki here...

355221[/snapback]

Okay, that's just weird. It's like Bizarro Huddle over there.

1. If any of you visit the Tailgate, you'll understand ... but they race to be the last post on the page, instead of the first post on a page. And they even have a Blitz-like character accused of deleting posts to be the last post.

2. Mike over there is actually asking for their input. Travis Henry, for instance, was the consensus choice. Even if DMD or WW asked for input, I can't see a bunch of huddlers passionately arguing about the wonderful fantasy year Henry is gonna have.

3. The quote boxes over there go inside-out.

Bizarro huddle, I'm tellin' ya ... :D

The Fantasy Guru?

The players he drafted so far

355265[/snapback]

Wow...looks like they put that thing on pre-select mode, entered their RB list (in reverse order??), and forgot to take it off. :D

Fantasy Insights hasn't taken a RB yet!  Culpepper, Holt, Darell Jackson, Gonzalez

355280[/snapback]

This looks like one of those "Hey, you got your chocolate in my peanut butter.." moments.

Me sees a trade coming up between the Guru and Insights.... :D

4 RB's by Fantasy Guru in 5 rounds :D

355303[/snapback]

I agree. He's either drafting to set up a trade, which I don't agree with because it usually doesn't work out, or he likes to see 2 of his first draft picks sit on his bench and contribute nothing to his team.

So what does the Huddle do next??

355601[/snapback]

because there is talk about dane every year. i dont give a crap what he can do in preseason. when it comes to game time i'm giving the ball to the only star on this team... tiki

After 4 rounds, I think the Huddle is tied for best draft. The Huddle has solid starters, possibly save Tiki, but I like the potential of theSporting News team a slight bit more. If Westbrook, TO, and Vick play this year like they should, that will end up being a formidable team.

I did like the Tiki pick where it was...it's just that you get what you get in the 5th round at RB, unless you are drafting for upside.

My next three picks would be 1) a Back-up snipe...like Steven Jackson 2) a player with enormous upside, like McGahee, and 3) a chance at a third year wideout. Not necessarily in that order.

Any commentary by WW on this pick?

355252[/snapback]

I was torn between Tiki and Wheatley. I have a hunch about Wheatley this season. With him having the same off week as Tomlinson it was difficult to take him. But in the end it came down to be putting into practice my long standing belief that Dayne is an NFL bust. So Tiki should be a lock for 1200-1400 total yards and 7-8 TDs. Not bad for my RB2.

I was torn between Tiki and Wheatley.  I have a hunch about Wheatley this season.  With him having the same off week as Tomlinson it was difficult to take him.  But in the end it came down to be putting into practice my long standing belief that Dayne is an NFL bust.  So Tiki should be a lock for 1200-1400 total yards and 7-8 TDs.  Not bad for my RB2.

355830[/snapback]

Can you divulge any generalities about your plan for the next 3-5 rounds?

I think the good news about the huddle team is that there is a lot flexibility with where to go next. WR/TE value pick IMHO. But so much can change with the value pick once the boards comes back around.

AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!! AMBER ALERT!!!

Where is the notoriously bad drafting WW? Someone has taken over his body and is making all the right picks in this years Sofa League Draft! But what have they done with the real WW? This is an all points bulletion looking for Whitney Walters and his penchant for drafting numerous qb's in the first couple of rounds...

I was torn between Tiki and Wheatley.  I have a hunch about Wheatley this season.  With him having the same off week as Tomlinson it was difficult to take him.  But in the end it came down to be putting into practice my long standing belief that Dayne is an NFL bust.  So Tiki should be a lock for 1200-1400 total yards and 7-8 TDs.  Not bad for my RB2.

355830[/snapback]

Nice picks... even better avatar. "Come out and plaaaay!"

AMBER ALERT!!!  AMBER ALERT!!!  AMBER ALERT!!  AMBER ALERT!!!

Where is the notoriously bad drafting WW?  Someone has taken over his body and is making all the right picks in this years Sofa League Draft!  But what have they done with the real WW?  This is an all points bulletion looking for Whitney Walters and his penchant for drafting numerous qb's in the first couple of rounds...

356097[/snapback]

Settle down, it only takes one Joey Galloway to turn a draft ugly. (although I believe that was a DMD pick)

355830[/snapback]

Thank the LORD you did not take Wheatley. He might be around when you pick again! But I'd still pass on him. I'd go 3rd RB with upside with the next pick, DeShaun Foster has a nice ring to it. DON'T TAKE WHEATLEY! You are having a great draft, keep going

Edited by CaptainHook