[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

So your options are:

A.  3.2 stud tier 2 wr and at 4.11 mediocre tier 4rb  OR

B.  3.2 medicore tier 3 rb and 4.11 average tier 3 wr

351990[/snapback]

Option A... Last time I checked FF games are won by who has the most points ... not the guy with the most RBs.

-Rug

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both these guys are risky.  Faulk b/c of age and injuries and Johnson b/c he did it one year and has an unproven QB this year.  Who do you think those defenses will be keying on this year? (I am betting Johnson will be doubled all year)  Why not take a guy with slightly less upside and know what you are getting.  FF is won on consistency and having the 1-2 sleepers that pan out.  The 3rd round should be spent on consistent guys.

351988[/snapback]

Hasn't Johnson "done it" for 2 years now?

At this pace Thomas Jones could be an early 3rd round pick. That is scary. There will be no value left in RB position by the 4th round if guys like Duce and TJ are gone. Unless Tyrone Wheatley and Travis Minor play well but I would not want to hinge my season on either.

So your options are:

A.  3.2 stud tier 2 wr and at 4.11 mediocre tier 4rb  OR

B.  3.2 medicore tier 3 rb and 4.11 average tier 3 wr

351990[/snapback]

Based on Huddle rankings, Faulk is the pick if he's there. They have him rated at the top of the Tier 2 backs.

Give me Ward or C. Johnson here. Then I'd go RB, RB in the next rounds. I can live with Tomlinson, Garner, Suggs. After Mastermind takes Faulk, there will be 7 teams with 2 RBs. The run on WRs is about to begin. Get one now while the gettin's good.

352052[/snapback]

I agree

I agree

352058[/snapback]

From FFMasterminds Forums posted by Michael Nazarek:

-- Faulk Could Retire! --

Thu Jul 8, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

From FFMasterminds Forums posted by Michael Nazarek,

FFMastermind.com Rams correspondent Bruce Campbell reports John Hadley of KTRS 550 AM announced today that he has "two sources" inside the Ram organization that "can't guarentee that RB Marshall Faulk will play in 2004". Hadley says Faulk's knee is a problem that isn't going away, and the Rams drafted RB Steve Jackson in the case Faulk retires. Hadley also said that his boss, KTRS sports director Jim Holder, "was on the phone all afternoon" and essentially confirmed that members of the Rams are saying that Faulk may, in fact, retire this summer during summer camp IF the knee continues to bother him.

Wow! It appears the "little cleanup" Faulk went through on his knee this past off-season wasn't such a small problem, eh? Rumor or fact? Do you think Faulk will retire? Or is all this hogwash? Opinions please...

Michael A. Nazarek

Owner/Publisher of Fantasy Football Mastermind

Co-Founder of Fantasy VIPs - www.FantasyVIPs.com <--- Enter & Win $100,000!!!

FON & FAX: 702-568-7118

mike@ffmastermind.com

They don't sound too high on Faulk either.

-Rug

I am watching this draft closely since I have the #2 pick in a 12 team League that is $350 per team.

I would love to get LT and Manning with my first two picks. 

If Marshall Faulk is still around at 3.02 I think The Huddle should grab him.

352249[/snapback]

:D Love the high stakes!!!

Give me Ward or C. Johnson here. Then I'd go RB, RB in the next rounds. I can live with Tomlinson, Garner, Suggs. After Mastermind takes Faulk, there will be 7 teams with 2 RBs. The run on WRs is about to begin. Get one now while the gettin's good.

352052[/snapback]

Best advice in this thread, right here.

I am watching this draft closely since I have the #2 pick in a 12 team League that is $350 per team.

I would love to get LT and Manning with my first two picks. 

If Marshall Faulk is still around at 3.02 I think The Huddle should grab him.

352249[/snapback]

Wish I could find a local high stakes league with people who I know and trust.