[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer & Microbrew thread

keggerz

The best small craft beer brewery, in my opinion, from the UK are in San Diego for the Festival of Dankness. They're called Cloudwater Brewery so if anybody is local to San Diego they should try them.

Definitely recommend their Double IPA v6 and v7 that they are showcasing. Their previous versions are some of the best IPAs I've had.

Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin- good, little spicier than other pepper beers I have had, almost 2 much. Probably would have been better if I was eating something different, like wings or Mexican. Worth trying if you like spicy

Nimble Giant by Troegs- I'm not sure how far they distribute outside of PA and since this is once a year and limited it may be hard to find but it is one of the better double IPAs I have ever had.

I picked up Nimble Giant in a tall can a few weeks back, delicious.

I thought the Habanero Sculpin was spicier than most pepper beers too. Still very good.

the 12th of Never, a pale ale from Lagunitas is very good. Get some if you can.

I picked up Nimble Giant in a tall can a few weeks back, delicious.

I thought the Habanero Sculpin was spicier than most pepper beers too. Still very good.

the 12th of Never, a pale ale from Lagunitas is very good. Get some if you can.

Been drinking a bit of NG recently both in cans and on tap - just missed out getting a sixtel for home :tdown:

• 4 weeks later...

ugh...

Just not ready for the onslaught of Pumpkin and Oktoberfest beers...

Yes way too early starting in August. Starting around Labor Day I saw more Oktoberfest beers and started to try a few of the regulars. Never been a fan of pumpkin flavored beverages, nor pumpkin pie so I avoid most of that stuff.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Virginia has been booming when comes to craft beer. Amongst others, I highly recommend anything you can get your hands on from The Veil, The Commonwealth, or Triple Crossings.

If you find yourself traveling along I95, it's worth stopping in Richmond and visiting some breweries.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, BA Baracus said:

Virginia has been booming when comes to craft beer. Amongst others, I highly recommend anything you can get your hands on from The Veil, The Commonwealth, or Triple Crossings.

If you find yourself traveling along I95, it's worth stopping in Richmond and visiting some breweries.

I live in Richmond and can confirm that there are lots of good craft brews here. 

13 hours ago, keggerz said:

I live in Richmond and can confirm that there are lots of good craft brews here. 

Have you always been in Richmond? I am down in VB.

Did you get any of the Swimming Poolz from The Veil? Probably my personal favorite of theirs. That or Casual Drinks.