[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer & Microbrew thread

keggerz

Unless the local place changes plans and doesn't tap these kegs today, I should be having dinner and washing it down with some Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig IPA (both from Russian River Brewing). Have had Pliny plenty of times, never had the Blind Pig.

• Like 1

Well, what was going ot be just a couple hours down at the local place turned into an all nighter. They close at 11, we left at midnight.

Blind Pig was good, but I definitely prefer Pliny. I think the damage from me was 2 blind pigs and 4 or 5 Plinys.

A friend of mine is in good with the general manager of this establishment so that will help in getting the heads up on any of the better/rarer beers that they will be tapping.

ETA: I think a major part of why we stayed so much longer was Savannah and her flirtatious ways and 32DDD assets.

Edited by Big Country
  • Like 2

Well, what was going ot be just a couple hours down at the local place turned into an all nighter. They close at 11, we left at midnight.

Blind Pig was good, but I definitely prefer Pliny. I think the damage from me was 2 blind pigs and 4 or 5 Plinys.

A friend of mine is in good with the general manager of this establishment so that will help in getting the heads up on any of the better/rarer beers that they will be tapping.

ETA: I think a major part of why we stayed so much longer was Savannah and her flirtatious ways and 32DDD assets.

Uhhh... invite?

What no pictures

so, I'm volunteering here this Saturday:

http://allaboutbeer....line-cleveland/

Cool, enjoy it, too busy to make it.

Saw a comment from you (I believe) on a beer story in the PD, user loaf7 or something like that.

Bought a 6p of this the other day, thought it was the same IPA I had before but realized it was different. Bottles were covered in dust like they been on the shelf for a long time, still tasted good.

https://lagunitas.com/beers/dogtown-pale

• 2 weeks later...

So I stood in line for over an hour for a bottle release of this:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1154/150223/

Last time they made 500 bottles and I got there an hour after selling started and still got 2. the popularity's surged since and if you got in line after 10:40, you didn't get any. And they had 700 bottles to sell. Well, 699 after I saw one drop.

they also had it on tap and I got 3 glasses while there. Very nice beer.

• 2 weeks later...

This is BS, but I had to laugh: http://munchies.vice...g-you-man-boobs

Give me a Duck Rabbit Barleywine Ale over an IPA any day!

Wait, you mean they're gonna get bigger :shocking:

I'll still drink my share of IPAs, and suspect the gut and other fatty tissue areas have more to do with my overall diet, since I've only been drinking IPAs regularly now for maybe 5 years.

I can't stand barleywines. Way too much sugar have to go into them to balance out all that alcohol.

Fair enough. Trade you all the IPAs for all the barleywines.

The reason there are so many kinds of beers is so everyone can find something they like. Not to people call someone else's choice [urine]. I have some beer snob friends who don't get this.

Fair enough. Trade you all the IPAs for all the barleywines.

The reason there are so many kinds of beers is so everyone can find something they like. Not to people call someone else's choice [urine]. I have some beer snob friends who don't get this.

It's on! And I would never say your choice in (x) was urine. I know yer not saying I did, just saying. Nothing more subjective than taste. Except for Hell or High Watermelon. Oh...

Saturday Night's Beers:

Russian River - Pliny the Elder IPA

Rough Draft - Southern Triangle IPA

Avery Brewing - The Maharaja Double IPA

Modern Times - Mount Remarkable Lager

Modern Times - Fortunate Islands - Wheat Beer

It was a good night. Pliny was Pliny -always delicious. The Maharaja had a lot of caramel flavor to me. Not my favorite beer, but something I would drink again. The Mount Remarkable was pretty good as well. Didn't care too much for the Fortunate Islands. It wasn't bad, just not up to par with the other offerings. I'd say similar thoughts with Rough Draft - not bad, but when following a Pliny it's hard to overwhelm.

The Lagunitas Sucks was OK, not incredible and wouldn't go out of my way for it though all their beers are solid choices. I preferred the Founders Porter.

Tried some of these as well http://www.ravenbeer.com/

Great shthick, beer is only so-so. The pilsner was good for a pils, the IPA was undrinkable, not sure if the bottle was skunked but I need to try another one. The Cask was supposedly good but I didn't try it or the lager

Wish I could get the Plineys in PA but no Russian River in this state :furious: